What Are You Listening To Now?

Thank you.

I listen to stuff from many years ago bringing back warm memories. By myself. wife in bed, me with the old music. feeling grand.

or sad bastard.
It’s good to indulge in a bit of nostalgia! What’s the point in living things just the once? I’m setting my alarm for 12 to roll out of bed and watch us in the cup tomorrow. Ready for a lovely cup win for the Citeh and bit of a night out on Saturday!

For a bit of nostalgia, while we are beating Villa in the cup on Tuesday I'll be watching Wire at The Band On The Wall in Manchester.
Should be interesting. They still do new stuff but can't wait to hear what of their classics they still play.

For a bit of nostalgia, while we are beating Villa in the cup on Tuesday I'll be watching Wire at The Band On The Wall in Manchester.
Should be interesting. They still do new stuff but can't wait to hear what of their classics they still play.

Since most of the classics are 2 minutes or under you should be fine I'd reckon. New album came out on Friday though so plenty of that on show.

Prefab Sprout. I have no idea how I made it to nearly 30 without having heard a single note but I knew lots of musicians and comedians that I like are fans. They are/were ****ing brilliant! I had no idea....

Prefab Sprout. I have no idea how I made it to nearly 30 without having heard a single note but I knew lots of musicians and comedians that I like are fans. They are/were ****ing brilliant! I had no idea....
You have a full back catalog to enjoy then. I sort of envy you.

King of Rock ‘n’ Roll was the first single I ever bought :023: :038:

I was just thinking what to listen to on my train journey to Birmingham today, so you've prompted me to download Steve McQueen onto my phone.
I bought the album when it first came out (1985ish?) but have probably not listened to it for 20 years. Apart from Faron Young, which is on my favourites playlist.

Thanks!

Weird.

In the day all of my mates loved P. Sprout. I hated them.
I just can't get them or the style. Same with Aztec Camera.

After listening to an Album from 1985 on the way to Birmingham yesterday, I'm keeping to the same theme for my long meandering BM style train journey home today.
The Fall - This Nation's Saving Grace
Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
The Pogues - Rum, Sodomy and the Lash
Propaganda - A Secret Wish

Now, four very good LPs. This Nation's Saving Grace is terrific.

Anyway. Last night I successfully avoided football and watched Wire live. They were actually as good as I’d hoped. The new songs that I didn’t know still sounded like Wire. They did a few ‘oldies’. Outdoor Miner, Reuters and a couple of others from the first few LPs. No Dot Dash, no Mannequin, no 12XU. Not even Ear-Drum Buzz. They played for 60mins. Not 55, not 65 and were fairly well received by the audience entirely of old blokes like me.

Tomorrow I’m back in Manchester watching Matthew Halsall, a wonderful trumpeter.

Finding My Way

Chalk and Cheese.

Andy Gill died today :(

Gang Of Four - Entertainment. The best dance LP of the 1970's.

Saturday night with the Fall.

F'oldin Money.

The J. Peel Session one.

I'm listening to the 2G+2 LP but there isn't an internet link for that.

The Dentists 'Behind the Door I Keep the Universe' LP

No-one anywhere but me knows of The Dentists. They were quality late '80s indie jangle.
Sorry, can't do a YouTube link. YouTube is just for ordinary stuff.

EDIT: OK, here's a link to one of their well known songs....

Thank you.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756