What Are You Listening To Now?

it would have been around the same time at De Mont
I have a memory of it being June 5th. I don't trust my memory much these days but I used to have a mirror with gig tickets stuck to it. Had it for years & that SLF gig was one of them. Pretty sure it was June 5th but willing to be corrected.
I do remember that by the following year they'd been relegated to playing the Uni as i went to that too.

I was one of those dickheads that invaded the stage btw. Skinny wanker with a full head of hair. I'm neither of those things now sadly (probably still a wanker though)

Happy, fabulous times.

Bands you wanted to see came to your town. No stupid pilgrimages to London, Brum or Manchester. & it cost 3 quid & bus fare. Plus no gig venue barman gave a fiddler's **** how old you were.

I wouldn't be a teenager now if you begged me to be. Priced out of everything & unwelcome everywhere.

I think my first SLF ticket was £1.50. it cost that much as I wasn't a member of Eric's. When I paid about £1 for membership gigs were about £1.
Undertones, The Fall, Echo Bunnymen, didn't get to The Dickies gig tho.

I think my first SLF ticket was £1.50. it cost that much as I wasn't a member of Eric's. When I paid about £1 for membership gigs were about £1.
Undertones, The Fall, Echo Bunnymen, didn't get to The Dickies gig tho.
I think the de mont gig was £1.80 or something like that. I paid 2 quid to see The Clash in Aylesbury a year earlier. I remember The Jam being £3.75 in 1980 & there was much grumbling about the price :D ! Cheaper than Blondie though which I struggled with at over £4 I think. But it was offset by the ambition to get within 10 feet of Debbie Harry. I think I'd have gone without food for that to be honest !

I have a memory of it being June 5th. I don't trust my memory much these days but I used to have a mirror with gig tickets stuck to it. Had it for years & that SLF gig was one of them. Pretty sure it was June 5th but willing to be corrected.
I do remember that by the following year they'd been relegated to playing the Uni as i went to that too.

I was one of those dickheads that invaded the stage btw. Skinny wanker with a full head of hair. I'm neither of those things now sadly (probably still a wanker though)

Happy, fabulous times.

Bands you wanted to see came to your town. No stupid pilgrimages to London, Brum or Manchester. & it cost 3 quid & bus fare. Plus no gig venue barman gave a fiddler's **** how old you were.

I wouldn't be a teenager now if you begged me to be. Priced out of everything & unwelcome everywhere.
Better memory than me I would have guessed at 79 but no clue what month it was. De Mont was good for the top bands back in the day and Granby Halls as well

Here's a new London band called 'C.S.E. Art Project' that you all like.

Try finding internet info on an unknown band called 'C.S.E. Art Project' isn't easy. Good job they're on Bandcamp.

Just found this live performance. Amazing voice even after all these years! Originally released before I was born; 50s - 80s music is far better than a lot of the music nowadays.

The whole thing sounded a shambles. Maybe equipment problems, but his voice was poor too.

From everything I've watched, even from years ago when live performances were truly live, he's excellent. His especially high note at the end is a high B which is not easy for most men. I certainly struggle to sing that high. Great lyrics and very emotionally deep too.

Alcohol is awful for the vocal chords.

He looks pissed here but still sounds good, though not as good as the initial video i posted!!

Who else did you see at Glastonbury then?

His music is insipid and he sounds like he needs a shit.
He looks like he needs a shit but he sounds excellent imo. Really hard to sing like he does. My singing teacher and I have worked on this song multiple times and it ain't easy.

Not a huge fan of Simply Red mind you, mainly this song.

Who else did you see at Glastonbury then?

The Pogues, The Cure and The Housemartins on stage 1.
I only went to see Simply Red, also on stage 1, because I liked Money's Too Tight to Mention. The only other song of theirs I'd heard was Holding Back..., which was their second hit, and in the charts at the time. MTTTM remains the only song of theirs I like. Like CF, I find most of their stuff insipid.
Also on stage 1 I'd like to have seen Madness and Gil Scott-Heron, but I was watching other stuff when they were on.

I spent most of my time watching stuff on stage 2. The Woodentops, Ted Chippington, Half Man Half Biscuit, The Nightingales, Fuzzbox, and loads more I've forgotten about.

I only went to see Simply Red, also on stage 1, because I liked Money's Too Tight to Mention. The only other song of theirs I'd heard was Holding Back..., which was their second hit, and in the charts at the time. MTTTM remains the only song of theirs I like. Like CF, I find most of their stuff insipid.
Also on stage 1 I'd like to have seen Madness and Gil Scott-Heron, but I was watching other stuff when they were on.

I spent most of my time watching stuff on stage 2. The Woodentops, Ted Chippington, Half Man Half Biscuit, The Nightingales, Fuzzbox, and loads more I've forgotten about.

I Love The Cure. Sounds like good fun. Glasto isn't the same now though when inwent in 2016 I saw some great artists in terms of modern artists.

Oh btw MTTTM was not written by them - probably why you like it!!!!

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854