What Are You Listening To Now?

The reason I chose this particular YouTube rendition of the song was for the visual delight.
They don't make them like that no more.
Indeed not. It was amazing what you could get for a bag of chips & 2s up on a B & H in the 70s.

(Good job this is a football forum. Stuff like that would get me cancelled on twitter)

Thank you gents.
I have spent some excellent time this evening just listening to Prince Far I and then The Upsetters. I don't know how I (as a 9 year old) in the very early 1970's got listening to Lee Perry/Upsetters (Thanks Dad). Wonderful.

Moved to Agustutus Pablo. And strong drink. Sorry.

Well, today I heard this on the radio and just really liked it. I don't know who listens to and likes this stuff, middle aged blokes that liked 80's indie and American College Radio stuff? Well there I am.

I then found the 'In Between' LP on Bandcamp and I'm just playing it now - and very liking it.

Well, today I heard this on the radio and just really liked it. I don't know who listens to and likes this stuff, middle aged blokes that liked 80's indie and American College Radio stuff? Well there I am.

I then found the 'In Between' LP on Bandcamp and I'm just playing it now - and very liking it.

If you like American college indie type stuff you might like this

If you like American college indie type stuff you might like this

Thank You :)
They look so young there!
I've really liked Dinosaur Jr since 'Bug' and especially since they got back together for the 'Beyond' albumn.
J Mascis is managing to still appeal (to old blokes like me) dispite getting on a bit.

I've really liked Dinosaur Jr since 'Bug' and especially since they got back together for the 'Beyond' albumn.
J Mascis is managing to still appeal (to old blokes like me) dispite getting on a bit.
:) They are very good, I've not listened to much of them yet but really like what I've heard so far. I enjoyed this one from Feeder also, I had the day off work so spent part of it on youtube flipping from one video to the next and this one kind of stuck

Loved them around the same time too, along with the various solo work of both J and Lou. One of very few bands to record new material since reforming that stands comparison to their earlier stuff too. Did you get a chance to see the documentary about them that was in the cinemas recently? A few questions about the historicality of it (it is directed by J's brother in law after all), but we're there for the tunes really

Did you get a chance to see the documentary about them that was in the cinemas recently? A few questions about the historicality of it (it is directed by J's brother in law after all), but we're there for the tunes really
No, unfortunately. I'd love to catch it.
I've always appreciated their stuff - as they get older and 'mature', so do I. Their stuff since reforming is tremendous IMO.
BTW, Lou Barlow / Ken Barlow - I like the HMHB song that says something like 'I wanted to be like Lou Barlow but I'm more like Ken Barlow....'

R.I.P. Tommy Mensforth

The voices of my generation are fading fast. Another gone today. ****ing Covid.

Part of my alternative education as a teenager. Helped give me a sense of direction & purpose. Music used to do that. Along with the football it was pretty much all we had.

Met him a fair few times & made sure he knew that.

" Dinnae be daft lad. I'm just some **** "

He was anything but.

Drank me under the table with consummate ease the first time (& every other time too ! )

South Shields has lost one of it's finest sons.

Should give him a plaque at the Stadium of Light. But they ****ing won't.

Mensi was a real voice. You knew exactly where you were with him.

Just by chance I've been listening to a few early/mid 1970's singles that were extremely popular Number One hits in their day - single I loved when I was a kid - but cannot be played nowadays.
I'm not saying who the artist is (you can probably guess) but some of the lyrics are somewhat uncomfortable, hearing them now. At the time, I loved them.

Anyway, enough of this very dodgy outfit, let's go play some perfectly clean and respectful punk rock instead.

Listening to my all time favourite album for the first time in a couple of years, like an old friend you can just drop in on and now that nothing will have changed.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854