What Are You Listening To Now?

Ladies & Gentlemen, Boys & Girls

We are now celebrating the SIXTEENTH birthday of The What-Are-You-Listening-To-Now thread!!!!

Yes, it's True! Way back on 9th October 2005, this thread was born.
Conceived by Scarby (it seems) to let the TalkingBalls viewers know what music people were listening to at a particular point in time, it has gone on (and on) for more than 16,000 posts!!! AMAZING!!

Things were so different back then. Leicester City FC were battling in the Football Championship and had recently drew 1-1 with (not Wayne Rooneys) Derby County with a goal by Ian Huuuuume. We were managed by Craig Levein (until Rob Kelly took over) and we ended up finishing 16th.
That season transfers totalled £1,925,000 in and £2,375,000 out. Those Were The Days!

The first people to post on the then new thread, besides Scarby, included G F P, MKFox, OxFox, Durham Fox, Lazzer, Joe_Fox, Highland Fox, and drummindefender.

The British Top 10 singles at the time were:
1: Push The Button - Sugababes
2: Tripping - Robbie Williams
3: Don't Cha - Pussycat Dolls / Busta Rhymes
4: Precious - Depeche Mode
5: We Be Burnin' - Sean Paul
6: Gold Digger - Kanye West / Jamie Foxx
7: Two More Years - Bloc Party
8: Song 4 Lovers - Liberty X
9: Get Your Number / Shake It Off / Mariah Carey
10: Bad Day / Daniel Powter

And so on and on. But two weeks later the Pop Music Charts were blown-apart completly by The Arctic Monkeys first single - and the pop-world hasn't looked back.

BUT, What-Are-You-Listening-To-Now is now 16 and i'm playing this (it's only right).

16 years - crikey. What a thread

As ever, I'm trying to find good new stuff (well, new stuff I like) as much as music I've loved for 50 years (50 actual years! Gulp)

This is 2022. This is, to me, ok. I heard it for the first time tonight and I thought I'd share.

The Bug Club - Interlecturals

As ever, I'm trying to find good new stuff (well, new stuff I like) as much as music I've loved for 50 years (50 actual years! Gulp)

This is 2022. This is, to me, ok. I heard it for the first time tonight and I thought I'd share.

The Bug Club - Interlecturals
I like this. No frills. Just fun. From 2020.

Pretty sure I knew this girl too. Or one of her ancestors at least.

I like this. No frills. Just fun. From 2020.

Pretty sure I knew this girl too. Or one of her ancestors at least.

I didn't realise South Wales had so much to offer.
Thanks GUAW, Just now listening to Deathtraps LP on Bandcamp. Proper.

I’ve got my first sprog on the way soon, I’ve been putting some bits together for the little fella like pictures and writing letters about all sorts; a lot of it explains why he’ll be a Leicester fan. All shit for when he’s older anyway but I’ve been feeling self indulgent. I thought it would be cool to put some playlists together, one of songs from the year he’s born and one from the year his dad was born. It’s been a fun exercise so far. Here’s some of my favourites from the year I was born (1991);

I’ve got my first sprog on the way soon, I’ve been putting some bits together for the little fella like pictures and writing letters about all sorts; a lot of it explains why he’ll be a Leicester fan. All shit for when he’s older anyway but I’ve been feeling self indulgent. I thought it would be cool to put some playlists together, one of songs from the year he’s born and one from the year his dad was born. It’s been a fun exercise so far. Here’s some of my favourites from the year I was born (1991);

A very nice idea. I've not heard Heaven or Las Vegas for years, takes me back.

Absolutely love Saint Etienne and I saw Nirvana live in ‘92, so they’re both top choices for me.

Not really big on REM myself, but the other two are also quality songs.

Absolutely love Saint Etienne and I saw Nirvana live in ‘92, so they’re both top choices for me.

Not really big on REM myself, but the other two are also quality songs.
Been listening to Foxbase Alpha a lot recently, such a good album.

I remember the tape my mum and dad had in the car, probably one of my earliest memories was a holiday in Ireland with Cocteau Twins as the soundtrack!
Sounds good, certainly much better than one of my earliest memories, in the car in Brittany with us being shouted at by a shotgun wielding gypsy with the Spice Girls on in the background. ****ing grim that 'holiday' was.

Sounds good, certainly much better than one of my earliest memories, in the car in Brittany with us being shouted at by a shotgun wielding gypsy with the Spice Girls on in the background. ****ing grim that 'holiday' was.
There was an Edwin Collins tape too. 27 years later Orange Juice are one of my favourite bands.

It was a choice of Guns N Roses’ Appetite For Destruction and Dire Straits’ Brothers In Arms for our journeys through France as kids.

Some classics there for sure. Welcome To The Jungle was one of the tracks that got me in to rock and then eventually metal way back when.

It still sends a cold chill through me when I remember that someone born in 1991 is now not only an adult but has been one for some considerable time. It never seems real to me.

It still sends a cold chill through me when I remember that someone born in 1991 is now not only an adult but has been one for some considerable time. It never seems real to me.
I've now been retired for longer than I was a child. I'm just so relieved that retirement is like a second childhood

...but without the stress.

Went to see ABBA Voyage last night, I was never that keen on them first time round or now to be honest but the show was excellent

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854