What are you watching on TV

pork pie fox

24 Hours in Police Custody.

This is a ****ing brutal episode. A really tough watch.

And so dissatisfying at the end. Need to know how long the twat got.

Also, Lucifer. If you haven't watched it, treat yourself. It's amazing.
Sentencing is next week, but I had to google that as it frustrated me too. The ending was a bit too brief I thought.

I don’t really watch dramas to be honest, tend to watch more documentary type stuff.

24 Hours in Police Custody.

This is a ****ing brutal episode. A really tough watch.

I feel like they did a good job ratcheting up the tension and frustration around the social media campaign, only to find out that he’d already left the country.

If the Zurich clock tower thing happened in a drama I’d roll my eyes at how convenient that was :042:

The last 15 minutes was a mess, I’m guessing because they couldn’t get the footage they needed because of covid restrictions during production or something.

Still a great show, the ‘24 hours’ premise has long disappeared but the access the film crews get is fascinating.

I feel like they did a good job ratcheting up the tension and frustration around the social media campaign, only to find out that he’d already left the country.

If the Zurich clock tower thing happened in a drama I’d roll my eyes at how convenient that was :042:

The last 15 minutes was a mess, I’m guessing because they couldn’t get the footage they needed because of covid restrictions during production or something.

Still a great show, the ‘24 hours’ premise has long disappeared but the access the film crews get is fascinating.
Yes I agree, they should probs change the name of the programme now, as it’s really not relevant any more.

Ooooh I’ll watch tomorrow night.

Architectural merit or interpersonal drama?
After 2 mins I thought I’m really not going to like them. About half way through I was sympathetic to them but thought he was making odd choices. By the end I was willing them to succeed. It was an interesting watch.

I watched Boiling Point on Netflix last night. Fantastic film starring Stephen Graham as a massively under pressure head chef. Shot in one take, ridiculous how difficult it must have been to achieve that. Highly recommended.

I watched Boiling Point on Netflix last night. Fantastic film starring Stephen Graham as a massively under pressure head chef. Shot in one take, ridiculous how difficult it must have been to achieve that. Highly recommended.
This was a really engrossing experience on the big screen. Apparently they filmed it 3 times and picked the best one. For anyone who has worked in retail and had to deal with customers it's very relatable.

And then it dies, as most walk away as the very thing they bought it for disappears forever and they are left with a ‘shell’
If only.

Things don't happen that way though. The modern game has virtually nothing left of what i loved about it as a kid that got me interested in the first place. But it's richer & more popular than ever.

70% of the world (at a minimum) will buy whatever they're told to buy.

Star Wars still makes billions despite being utter rubbish. Millions watch badly written soap operas & make stars of people who can't act.

The music industry has made fortunes out of talent show karaoke for 2 decades while actual musicians with talent can't get a deal or a gig.

Avatar sequel made 100s of millions after being released last week, despite the first one being the cinematic equivalent of shit on a toilet wall.

People do what they're told.

People believed Boris Johnson, a man who has never to anyone's knowledge told the truth about anything in his entire life. People believe that Nigel Farage is a champion of the common man FFS. Significant numbers of people.

People believe shit posted in a dodgy youtube video & base life decisions around it. People believe Elon Musk is a good bloke working to save the world.

The mainstream of every society in history is composed of vapid consumers who create & invent nothing. Everything good comes from outliers, outsiders, minority interests, the weird & the unusual.

They then steal it all, repackage it after removing all the best bits & sell it to the masses. Job done.

We'll just have to learn to do without. As usual.

If only.

Things don't happen that way though. The modern game has virtually nothing left of what i loved about it as a kid that got me interested in the first place. But it's richer & more popular than ever.

70% of the world (at a minimum) will buy whatever they're told to buy.

Star Wars still makes billions despite being utter rubbish. Millions watch badly written soap operas & make stars of people who can't act.

The music industry has made fortunes out of talent show karaoke for 2 decades while actual musicians with talent can't get a deal or a gig.

Avatar sequel made 100s of millions after being released last week, despite the first one being the cinematic equivalent of shit on a toilet wall.

People do what they're told.

People believed Boris Johnson, a man who has never to anyone's knowledge told the truth about anything in his entire life. People believe that Nigel Farage is a champion of the common man FFS. Significant numbers of people.

People believe shit posted in a dodgy youtube video & base life decisions around it. People believe Elon Musk is a good bloke working to save the world.

The mainstream of every society in history is composed of vapid consumers who create & invent nothing. Everything good comes from outliers, outsiders, minority interests, the weird & the unusual.

They then steal it all, repackage it after removing all the best bits & sell it to the masses. Job done.

We'll just have to learn to do without. As usual.
Andor is the best tv drama on the last five years I reckon. Honestly, it’s excellent.

Andor is the best tv drama on the last five years I reckon. Honestly, it’s excellent.
Well. I'd seriously doubt its the best tv drama in any genre in that time period.

But even if so I'm afraid I'm the worst judge. Totally unreliable. My built in bias is so deep as to be impossible to rise above.

You see, I'm exactly the original Star Wars target demographic. I was 12 when it came out. & like everybody else that summer of 77 I went to see it. My Uncle Henry took me.

I enjoyed it for 90 mins, went home...& had completely forgotten about it by the next day. It made no impression whatsoever.

By that point I'd been reading sci-fi books short stories & comics for about 3 years, grown up with Star Trek & Lost in Space on the telly. It was already my favourite genre. & the books would continue for the rest of my life, along with various telly & films.

But Star Wars? Didn't register at all. Probably because it isn't really science fiction at all. It just happens to be set in space so thats what everyone calls it. It's not. It's just a kids adventure film really.

Would've been much better if the little **** had shagged his sister in the first film, found out, topped himself because of it & saved me 4 decades of irritation.

By the time the 2nd film came out I was 15, saw the poster in town & ignored it as I considered myself too old for it.
Didn't see it until about 10 years later on telly one bank holiday & decided I'd been right the first time. Kids film.

I then got increasingly annoyed as my entire generation became utterly obsessed with it well into adulthood & it turned into some ****ing religion. If that hadn't happened I probably wouldn't even have an opinion by now but I've spent 45 years being baffled & irritated by something totally irrational.

It's reallly not very good.

I don't get it. Have never got it. Never will get it.

Well. I'd seriously doubt its the best tv drama in any genre in that time period.

But even if so I'm afraid I'm the worst judge. Totally unreliable. My built in bias is so deep as to be impossible to rise above.

You see, I'm exactly the original Star Wars target demographic. I was 12 when it came out. & like everybody else that summer of 77 I went to see it. My Uncle Henry took me.

I enjoyed it for 90 mins, went home...& had completely forgotten about it by the next day. It made no impression whatsoever.

By that point I'd been reading sci-fi books short stories & comics for about 3 years, grown up with Star Trek & Lost in Space on the telly. It was already my favourite genre. & the books would continue for the rest of my life, along with various telly & films.

But Star Wars? Didn't register at all. Probably because it isn't really science fiction at all. It just happens to be set in space so thats what everyone calls it. It's not. It's just a kids adventure film really.

Would've been much better if the little **** had shagged his sister in the first film, found out, topped himself because of it & saved me 4 decades of irritation.

By the time the 2nd film came out I was 15, saw the poster in town & ignored it as I considered myself too old for it.
Didn't see it until about 10 years later on telly one bank holiday & decided I'd been right the first time. Kids film.

I then got increasingly annoyed as my entire generation became utterly obsessed with it well into adulthood & it turned into some ****ing religion. If that hadn't happened I probably wouldn't even have an opinion by now but I've spent 45 years being baffled & irritated by something totally irrational.

It's reallly not very good.

I don't get it. Have never got it. Never will get it.
I do watch some of the new shows but I’ve never fully understood the hype around Star Wars either. I was 29 when I first watched the original trilogy though, so my experience of it is very different. I’ve also never watched an episode of Star Trek all the way through so I don’t have a clue what the draw is there either.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463