What are you watching on TV

In the mid ninteen eighties I was bored, I had SpecDrum drum machine, a DX27 synth and a Sharp 555E cassette machine.

I decided to do the instructions/rules for American Football......Yes, I know it's a little naff but it's what you do on a wet Wednesday in the 1980's and you have the rules for American Football.
View attachment RWP - Gaining Yardage.mp3

In the mid ninteen eighties I was bored, I had SpecDrum drum machine, a DX27 synth and a Sharp 555E cassette machine.

I decided to do the instructions/rules for American Football......Yes, I know it's a little naff but it's what you do on a wet Wednesday in the 1980's and you have the rules for American Football.
View attachment 18030
Early Human League B side

On the subject 1990's comedy I've recently watched all of "Father Ted" I'd forgotten how funny it was. I'm currently part way through the second series of "Goodness Gracious Me" like Father Ted this has stood the test of time really well.

Been rewatching Arrested Development for probably the fourth or fifth time. Absolutely peerless. Jokes on jokes on jokes, still noticing new gags on each rewatch.

The new series of Always Sunny on the other hand…. It’s gone very stale. Still better than the last few series but I didn’t laugh once and gave up before the last couple of episodes. It used to be so loose and snappy but now you can see gags lumbering towards you from a mile off. The characters of Dee and Mac have basically been ruined. Because most of what the cast has done outside of IASIP has been shit or unpopular it’s like they’re cursed to keep having to make a show they’re completely sick of.

Been rewatching Arrested Development for probably the fourth or fifth time. Absolutely peerless. Jokes on jokes on jokes, still noticing new gags on each rewatch.
Love that show. Not so much the final season, but up until then it’s so good. The writing, the cast, the gags that take forever to pay off. If you’ve never watched Archer, it’s worth it just for Jessica Walter and Judy Greer, who both play somewhat similar characters to their respective AD roles.

Love that show. Not so much the final season, but up until then it’s so good. The writing, the cast, the gags that take forever to pay off. If you’ve never watched Archer, it’s worth it just for Jessica Walter and Judy Greer, who both play somewhat similar characters to their respective AD roles.
Oh. Jeffrey Tambor and David Cross pop up in a few episodes as well.

Anybody else watched this?

Contains one of the most heart wrenching stories I've heard on a TV programme. It's only a small part of the programme, but jeez it's sad.

Contains one of the most heart wrenching stories I've heard on a TV programme. It's only a small part of the programme, but jeez it's sad.
Remember the miners strike vividly.

Ran a warehouse in Enderby called “commando knitwear” who made uniforms and all of the police force were coming in to get kitted out to be on the picket line.

I was living in Boreham Wood at the time and commuting into London by motorcycle, I can vividly remember convoys of busses carrying the police coming south on the A1 on a Friday evening as I rode home from work. It was kind of eerie. Thatcher's Britain, what wonderful place it was.

Remember the miners strike vividly.
I remember getting turned back at the Dartford Tunnel when on the way to a match because the police said they believed we were Kent miners on our way to Yorkshire to join the picket line. They were lieing; they knew exactly where we were going and were acting all Bobby Big Bollocks just because they could.

Even those of us who knew it was important didn't fully grasp just how much of a watershed it was. The beginning of the end of the world we'd grown up in.
I eventually gave up trying to tell people who thought the brave new world was going to be gravy how wrong they were. Took me more than a decade but I gave up in the end. No point.

& here we are 40 years on with everything more or less turning out as I expected. Another 20 & we'll be in exactly the same boat as the yanks with the last vestiges of anything radical, progressive or alternative completely removed from the political spectrum.

Right ? Or Ultra Right ? Take your pick. Thank **** I'll be dead.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363
10Preston 4363