What are you watching on TV

As a sci-fi fan (used to be a massive trekie - wrote fan fiction and everything) I too don't see star wars as sci-fi but I accept it for what it is, I have seen all the live action films and series, they were okay but wouldn't bother re-watching any of them. Andor has a very different feel to everything before it, which made it somewhat more interesting to see how it developed, but I find myself getting very annoyed with a lot of modern series for how slow they are. The entire Andor series could have been done in 2 episodes at most, and I find it quiet frustrating watching modern TV. (I'm only 40 btw)

Well. I'd seriously doubt its the best tv drama in any genre in that time period.

But even if so I'm afraid I'm the worst judge. Totally unreliable. My built in bias is so deep as to be impossible to rise above.

You see, I'm exactly the original Star Wars target demographic. I was 12 when it came out. & like everybody else that summer of 77 I went to see it. My Uncle Henry took me.

I enjoyed it for 90 mins, went home...& had completely forgotten about it by the next day. It made no impression whatsoever.

By that point I'd been reading sci-fi books short stories & comics for about 3 years, grown up with Star Trek & Lost in Space on the telly. It was already my favourite genre. & the books would continue for the rest of my life, along with various telly & films.

But Star Wars? Didn't register at all. Probably because it isn't really science fiction at all. It just happens to be set in space so thats what everyone calls it. It's not. It's just a kids adventure film really.

Would've been much better if the little **** had shagged his sister in the first film, found out, topped himself because of it & saved me 4 decades of irritation.

By the time the 2nd film came out I was 15, saw the poster in town & ignored it as I considered myself too old for it.
Didn't see it until about 10 years later on telly one bank holiday & decided I'd been right the first time. Kids film.

I then got increasingly annoyed as my entire generation became utterly obsessed with it well into adulthood & it turned into some ****ing religion. If that hadn't happened I probably wouldn't even have an opinion by now but I've spent 45 years being baffled & irritated by something totally irrational.

It's reallly not very good.

I don't get it. Have never got it. Never will get it.
All fair enough. Star Wars has been more misses than hits….but Andor is unlike anything to come out of that series.

I’m a bit of a tv snob so no easy mark - in the last few years I’m not sure I’ve seen a better show - or bizarrely one more relevant to the shit state we all find ourselves in nowadays. It’s essentially about the rot and banal evil of facism - certainly not a kids show.

Chernobyl, Better Call Saul, White Lotus and Game of Thrones before its miserable collapse I suppose in terms of the last 5 years. Probably one or two I’m overlooking.

Tony Gilroy is a very talented writer, Michael Clayton is one of my favourite films of the last few years.

Tony Haynes is really talented too and directs six episodes.

If you hate Star Wars don’t watch it - but it’s by a mile the best Star Wars content I’ve ever seen.

All fair enough. Star Wars has been more misses than hits….but Andor is unlike anything to come out of that series.

I’m a bit of a tv snob so no easy mark - in the last few years I’m not sure I’ve seen a better show - or bizarrely one more relevant to the shit state we all find ourselves in nowadays. It’s essentially about the rot and banal evil of facism - certainly not a kids show.

Chernobyl, Better Call Saul, White Lotus and Game of Thrones before its miserable collapse I suppose in terms of the last 5 years. Probably one or two I’m overlooking.

Tony Gilroy is a very talented writer, Michael Clayton is one of my favourite films of the last few years.

Tony Haynes is really talented too and directs six episodes.

If you hate Star Wars don’t watch it - but it’s by a mile the best Star Wars content I’ve ever seen.
Chernobyl was amazing. I also loved The Spy, have you seen that? Sacha Baron Cohen is actually a superb serious actor.

It's the live chat channel - Bangkok chick-boys
Do you want me to show you how to angle the mirror so you can watch from the bathroom?

Saw that, not bad
I haven’t watched 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6…. Or any of the 1898 prequels yet.

I’ve seen 1917, shit had really kicked off by that point in the series.

I haven’t watched 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6…. Or any of the 1898 prequels yet.

I’ve seen 1917, shit had really kicked off by that point in the series.
You’re far behind. I’ve already watched 2112

Series 2 has been cancelled
Kind of pleased. Just finished the first series and it was pretty good. I'd imagine series two would be kind of stupid though.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854