What Bass Amps are good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Anglia Fox

Bascially, I want to get a Bass Amp for christmas (I'm really good at the Bass Guitar now) and I was just wondering which ones are good. I suppose the price range would be about £100-170.

If there was a sliding scale of bass guitar that stretched from Mark King to Robbie Shakespeare, where abouts on the scale would you be.

If you answer correctly, I may be able to help you.

If there was a sliding scale of bass guitar that stretched from Mark King to Robbie Shakespeare, where abouts on the scale would you be.

If you answer correctly, I may be able to help you.

:102: I'm lost

You're supposed to say Robbie Shakespeare is your hero, then Macky will help you.

:icon_bigg
I did say 'may' be able to help intentionally.

Last edited:
I didn't even know who Robbie Shakespeare was :102:

I now know, he's some reggae bass player though. I actually try and make some reggae songs sometimes. I love the bass playing in reggae.

I didn't even know who Robbie Shakespeare was :102:

I now know, he's some reggae bass player though. I actually try and make some reggae songs sometimes. I love the bass playing in reggae.

Try to keep up EAF, Robbie Shakespeare is one of the greatest bass players in the entire history of mankind.

I'm delighted to have assisted in your education so when you are a rich & famous bass player, not in the style of Mark King, I expect you to list me as one of your influences when you are being interviewed by Smash Hits magazine. Don't let me down.

If Al queda was reggae music, Robbie Shakespeare is Osama Bin Laden, keep that in mind.

Okay well I'm sorry about that. Have you heard of "Fieldy"? I actually think he's one of the best bass players in the world too.

Being a fellow bass player, I can tell you I have always used Carlsbro amps, they are pretty versatile. To get one in your price range it would have to be second/third/fourth hand I reckon.

Last edited:
Being a fellow bass player, I can tell you I have always used Carlsboro amps, they are pretty versatile. To get one in your price range it would have to be second/third/fourth hand I reckon.
And I guess you have probabaly seen Steve Harris milling around Harlow, he owns a pub near you don't he Shazza?

Oh yes.:icon_redf. Some of their roadies use my local, can't say I've clapped eyes on any of the group recently, I think a some of them live in the villages outside Harlow.
They do yes, Steve Harris's pub has a full size football pitch in it's grounds. I'm not sure if this is the home of the official Iron Maiden football team or not.

maiden_football10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00