What do people expect from a pundit?

doolochfox

I was chatting with a friend recently. He felt that Pat Nevin was too biased, but Chris Sutton was an underrated genius. I was just wondering what people wanted from a pundit.

Chris Sutton underrated!!!!!!!
Alan Smith seems so biased against us, when he co commentates on our games.

I like Gary Neville, can’t stand Don Goodman, Carragher shouldn’t be anywhere near the camera.
Danny murphy can **** off

A non biased opinion can be difficult when co commentating on your ex teams games, but respect for what the opposition bring to the table.

Watched a game when Liverpool were playing. Steve Macmanaman was co commentating. Liverpool went 1 up, then it was 1-1, Liverpool went 2 -1 [at anfield] and SM says normal service resumed. what a cock.

As for the Anfield roar!!!

Just someone who understands the ****ing laws would be a start.

Which is why I’m glad Jermaine “it’s a penalty, there’s contact!” Jenas has been canceled.

I was chatting with a friend recently. He felt that Pat Nevin was too biased, but Chris Sutton was an underrated genius. I was just wondering what people wanted from a pundit.
Chris Sutton and underrated genius?

He just listens to what the other person is saying and asks the opposite.
Been listening to 606 for years and I still don’t understand what he thinks about anything at all

Chris Sutton and underrated genius?

He just listens to what the other person is saying and asks the opposite.
Been listening to 606 for years and I still don’t understand what he thinks about anything at all
And who?

On the games over here we often have Lee Dixon and/or Graeme LeSaux, they are pretty good. Often giving some good insights into how a team is setting up and what a particular players role in it is.

I think the worst out there is Gary Birtles - he's relentlessly negative. Sutton suffers from the same affliction, though he at least, on occasion, knows his onions.

I look for two things:

1. Someone who is teaching me something I didn't know about the game

or

2. Someone that seems good company

Jenas has neither - in fact he's really unpleasant and has never said anything interesting about the game.

I actually think Henry is one of the better pundits.

Them women pundits know nothing. Can't even explain the offside rule.

Some of 'em are fit though. Pwoarr.

Learned my lesson years ago. I mute the telly during half time & make a drink or a sarny & switch off after the final whistle unless I fancy watching some goal replays. Then I mute also.

Pundits are mostly dullards with **** all to say worth hearing. I've been watching, reading about & discussing football for 50 years. Dissecting the data on it for betting purposes for over 20. I don't need some opinionated bellend, usually with the IQ of vegetation, to tell me anything.

The one exception is Karen Carney. But only because she looks exactly like a woman I went out with in the late 80s (& I do mean EXACTLY. It's really quite spooky) Looking at her brings back some happy memories. I still leave the sound off though.

I think people misunderstand Chris Sutton. He has a mischievous sense of humour but if you're not into that, I guess he would just be annoying. When he disagrees with 606 callers, he doesn't do so for the sake of it. He does it because he is very quick to spot inconsistences in people's arguments and he enjoys pointing that out.

Also, Sutton's brand of humour is self-deprecating but in a subtle way. I don't think everyone quite gets that.

Nedum Onuoha usually puts across a very well articulated point and Julien Lauren's is pretty good too, although he is excessively French!

Quite like Darren Bent too, probably the best of the TalkSport lot although I do love listening to super Ally McCoist.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34
11Chelsea34