What If?

Status
Not open for further replies.

morris1234

if micky does the unthinkable(in some peoples minds anyway) and gets us back up, will all these people that have called for his head admit they were wrong? we're in ninth now and a few wins from the automatic promotion places and oh what a difference a win makes ay!
will people stick to their guns on Adams going or will they stop being so pigheaded and get on with supporting the team they claim to love?i wonder..........................

I suggest you gloat when, and if, we get promoted. It will take us 2 wins to get the same points as the team in 2nd at the moment (and +11 more GD), and even then none of the top teams would be able to win for a couple of games so that we could catch up.

I would say everyone who posts on this board supports the team when they're on the pitch. Support does not mean not criticising after the match when we've lost a two goal lead and played atrociously for weeks. Heard of tough love?

Naturally I'm pleased that City won last night. It also strikes me the Mickey Adams is a nice guy doing the best job he can despite his lack of tactical nous. But in answer to your question, what if we get promoted - exactly the same as last time - another truck load of over the hill, past it, don't care about the club journeymen and certain relegation. back to square one.
The club have gone backwards in the last few seasons, there appears to be little foundations being laid for a new, younger team and the current management team have proved themselves incapable of fashioning a team able to establish itself in the premiership (or even division 1). If you don't bounce back at the first attempt you're in big trouble as a club. A change of tack is required now.
One more question: Has any other manager anyone can think of purchased so many players that he has subsequently got rid off in the same season (Curtis, Hignett, Howey etc)?

morris1234 said:
if micky does the unthinkable(in some peoples minds anyway) and gets us back up, will all these people that have called for his head admit they were wrong? we're in ninth now and a few wins from the automatic promotion places and oh what a difference a win makes ay!
will people stick to their guns on Adams going or will they stop being so pigheaded and get on with supporting the team they claim to love?i wonder..........................

No you moron. We are all entitled to our opinions and our opinion was, if you read the threads, that MA needed to sort things out and stop ****ing about.

The fact that we have a win at Gillingham under our belt alters nothing. I do hope that we win again on Saturday and get some momentum.

If however we were to continue with inconsitant results then I would suggest that MA has still learnt nothing.

It is not for me to say that I was wrong it's up to Adams and the players to show me they are worthy enough to be involved in the club. The club has and will, hopefully nothing is a forgone conclusion anymore, be here long after every one of us is gone. It is the lifeblood of the City and to allow someone to damage it beyond repair would be criminally negligent of us.

I would suggest that no one on this board wants MA to fail and indeed I have nothing against him as a person. The success of the club is however paramount and nothing must compromise this. To suggest that we aren't entitled to opinions on this is ludicrous.

Three points on Saturday please. :wink:

PS. We're 10th! :roll:

Leigh said:
It will take us 2 wins to get the same points as the team in 2nd at the moment (and +11 more GD), and even then none of the top teams would be able to win for a couple of games so that we could catch up.

Rearrange these words to make a well known phrase:

SENSE MAKES THIS NO

I think people have got me wrong here,i was just making the point of how fickle alot of people seem to be on here.IMO i can see people kissing mickeys arse if we are succesful and those same people will undoubtedly be those who are now slating him

morris1234 said:
I think people have got me wrong here,i was just making the point of how fickle alot of people seem to be on here.IMO i can see people kissing mickeys arse if we are succesful and those same people will undoubtedly be those who are now slating him

Morris the fact that we express an opinion about our desire for the club to be successful I expect you would have to accept as understandable.

MA is, currently, the manager and when things go wrong he must stand up and take the blame. He has overall responsibility for what happens on the pitch week in and week out.

If in my job I was found not to be performing at a certain level then I have no doubt that I would be replaced.

Why not football managers and MA in question. The win lastnight has bought him a bit of time to ensure that things have been put right. Let's hope so.

I for one will never kiss Mickey's arse. I'm not that type of guy.

His wife's on the other hand is a different story! :wink:

I being the eternal optimist can still see us sneaking play offs, a couple of wins and we'd be in there! And we've been awful to date! We'll be ok.

i totally agree that you should air your views afetr all we pay the players and mickys wages.i guess im like danny n just hopeing for the best?! :?

morris1234 said:

If Mickey Adams gets us up then he will have taken some notice of the critics, adjusted his thinking and come up with a formula for winning which is not so easily countered.

Will that make the critics wrong. Hardly. But, in my case, it'll make me pleased enough to sing his praises and with good reason.

A short break later and he will have to rethink again because he's taken us up once and failed to keep us there for reasons which were partly due to himself.

Maybe he'll benefit from the experience and do better. I hope so and will be glad to say so if he does.

Believe me criticism can be well meant. It's the dogmatic types who remain failures. Not the ones who are big enough to change. Why blame the fans for suggesting where he might change.

It's something we all have to cope with at some time whether at work, on the sports field or in the bedroom (got to go now, cos the wife's just gone out of the front room with a suitcase)!!!

let her go Tony, she's well past her best mate :wink:

Morris, if MA gets us promoted i will sing his praises for making the right signings and adopting viable tactics. However, you're only as good as your last sale, to coin a phrase, so on a similar line, I will critise until he gets it right. i'm sure you realise that as a supporter i know much more about football than MA, cork and Hb, who have been in the professional game for well over 100 years collectively. :wink:
we critise because we care.

If Micky gets us promoted then he would have my upmost respect for sticking it out and then getting things right in the end. But I would still feel that at the start of the season, he had made mistakes and still had things to learn but it would prove that he had something about him.

Even a manager like Alex Ferguson gets it wrong occasionally and will be criticised by fans but it doesnt mean they hate him or want him to fail it is just people care and when they see things arent going well they vent those fustrations.

Please realise that just because MA won promotion it does not make him immune from criticism and on the other side just because he has made mistakes this season and we have had an indifferent start does it make him immune to praise. I am afraid it is like the old sayings "take one game at a time" and "only as good as your last result".

Personally I think the way MA has done things thus far will put us in no better positition if we go up. I was hoping a few more youth players would be given their chance - as what we'll need is them coming through to stand any chance of the Premiership.

If, and I say if, we can get on a good run then hopefully players like Gudjohnsson, Williams and Heath can start commanding their roles and provide a solid base with players like Wright, Stearman, Petrescu and the rest to some through... these mixed with a Tiatto here and a Dublin there will provide us with a much better chance in the top flight IMO.

If Mickey Adams gets us up then he will have taken some notice of the critics, adjusted his thinking and come up with a formula for winning which is not so easily countered.

Will that make the critics wrong. Hardly. But, in my case, it'll make me pleased enough to sing his praises and with good reason.

A short break later and he will have to rethink again because he's taken us up once and failed to keep us there for reasons which were partly due to himself.

Maybe he'll benefit from the experience and do better. I hope so and will be glad to say so if he does.

Thats brilliant!

By that argument, you can never be wrong because if things go well then MA will have 'listened' to your opinions and changed his tactics/team/thinking, and if they go badly then he can't have done so you are still right!!

In conclusion then, if we don't go up, MA is shit cause he didn't listen to the 'critics', if we do go up he is ok. If we go up and then get relegated he is shit cause he didn't listen, but if we go up and stay up he's learnt from his critics and experiences and you can sit in your ivory tower and say well done.

magic.

morris1234 said:

The big question here is, of those that support MA, would they be big enough to say they were wrong if it did all go tits up?
It is two sides of the same coin, I respect any point of view, it's just a pity that some on here can't :roll:

Naughty Fox said:
morris1234 said:

The big question here is, of those that support MA, would they be big enough to say they were wrong if it did all go tits up?
It is two sides of the same coin, I respect any point of view, it's just a pity that some on here can't :roll:

look morris i am only now questioning MA and his management that is because we are heading towards xmas and still have not got it right
ok we beat gillingham.In the prem with taylor we were once second and we didnt have it right then and the end result we know all too well. All of us on this site who questioned MA want to be proved wrong.Do you think if we went down we would be gleeful saying "i told you he was crap" of course not !! we would love to see us in the prem and you remind us that we said he was crap,then I for one would laugh and say yeah i got that wrong.Like the season i had £20 on ade to score 20+ in the prem :oops: hence I dont always get it right and this time i want to be wrong again. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757