what the f***!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gareth Williams – The Facts!

Nottingham Forest midfielder Gareth Williams has not agreed to move across the east midlands to Leicester, contrary to reports originating from The Walkers Stadium.
Leicester’s official website reported yesterday evening that Williams had agreed to join The Foxes on July 1 when his current Forest contract expires.
But Forest’s Chief Executive Mark Arthur has been contacted by the player’s agent, Phil Graham, who insists that the reports are incorrect. Mr. Arthur told us today: “I have spoken to Gareth’s agent and he assures me that the reports are incorrect - Gareth has not agreed to join Leicester.
“The agent has met with representatives of Leicester but he assures me he has not struck a deal with them on Gareth’s behalf.
“We offered Gareth a new three-year contract at the end of the season and believe we have offered him an attractive deal. We are awaiting developments.”
If Williams were to join Leicester, Forest would look to seek compensation of between £3-5million from a tribunal

Babylon said:

... on July 1 when his current Forest contract expires....

...If Williams were to join Leicester, Forest would look to seek compensation of between £3-5million from a tribunal...

if he's out of contract why would we pay anything?

MKFox said:
Babylon said:

...If Williams were to join Leicester, Forest would look to seek compensation of between £3-5million from a tribunal...

hes under 23

MKFox said:
Babylon said:

Because he's under 24.

Because of his age, we have to agree a fee, or go to a tribunal where one is established. Either way we have to pay for him

However, our good friends are pissing in the wind if the think they'll get £3million. HA

Half a mill, if not less

Thinking of past fees agreed by tribunal's, wasn't the fee Man U had to pay Sunderland around 2m for David Bellion?

I think Williams fee would be around the same if not more seens as he has already played a full international for Scotland...

This is odd, Adams wouldn't come out and say this if Williams hadn't agreed to sign for us surely? Oh no, I have bad vibes.

Malf said:
This is odd, Adams wouldn't come out and say this if Williams hadn't agreed to sign for us surely? Oh no, I have bad vibes.

laughin stock again!!!!!

Babylon said:
Malf said:

laughin stock again!!!!!

Forest wouldn't want him back though, he'll sign.

The Real Muzzy Magic said:
Thinking of past fees agreed by tribunal's, wasn't the fee Man U had to pay Sunderland around 2m for David Bellion?

I think Williams fee would be around the same if not more seens as he has already played a full international for Scotland...

I think it depends on what WE can afford. The player is out of contract, and should be free to move to where he wants. So, the fee will be a realistic one.

Scowcroft said:
The Real Muzzy Magic said:

I think it depends on what WE can afford. The player is out of contract, and should be free to move to where he wants. So, the fee will be a realistic one.

There is no way it will be above £500k, it's a low key move not a high profile like Bellion. I'm worried Forest claim he hasn't signed yet, I imagine they wouldn't have found out anyway as Williams is free to talk to anyone. Forest won't be happy it's come out like this though, there is no way we will reach an agreement with them.

Malf said:
Babylon said:
Malf said:

laughin stock again!!!!!

Forest wouldn't want him back though, he'll sign.

I hold you responsible if he doesn't!!!! :wink:

mad biker said:
Don`t worry about this, it`s all going fine !

Any other news on the transfer front, or is still all hush hush as Danny Devito would say.

Nothing else certain as yet, well, the Dublin deal is "done" can`t mention any other names "yet" !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757