What's our best XI now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we want to try something different then I'd go for Daka who changed the game when he came on against Manchester United.
Changed the game? Really?

I’ll say it again. I’m not in the business of judging any player under Rodgers at this point.

Nacho, Daka, even Vestergaard, deserve to be given some benefit while under a regime that appears to be failing everybody.

Plenty of this squad have previous success at very high levels of football. That they all look awful at the moment isn’t a coincidence. They all need a fresh set of eyes on them.

This would be my selection

Iversen
Justin Faes Evans Soyuncu Castagne
Ndidi Maddison Tielemans
Iheanacho Daka

with Ward an adequate substitute keeper
The front two are a problem, but Vardy and Albrighton are well past their best
Barnes still plays a role.
Soumare , Praet, Dewsbury Hall, Perez and Armarty are much of a muchness,
but who knows what time and a possible new manager will bring.
Even Vestegard could play a role, (especially as Faes is a bit of an unknown quantity),
but only if we could play a settled team where players roles are clearly defined.

but Vardy and Albrighton are well past their best
He was our top scorer last season with 15 goals in 25 starts. Despite starting ten games fewer, he scored the same number of goals as Jota. He was the equal 6th highest scorer in the league.

He hasn't had a great start to this season but a lot of that is due to the ridiculous way we have set up.

He hasn't become 'well past it' in a few weeks of summer. Honestly, some of the ****ing drivel just lately....

He was our top scorer last season with 15 goals in 25 starts. Despite starting ten games fewer, he scored the same number of goals as Jota. He was the equal 6th highest scorer in the league.

He hasn't had a great start to this season but a lot of that is due to the ridiculous way we have set up.

He hasn't become 'well past it' in a few weeks of summer. Honestly, some of the ****ing drivel just lately....

Leaving Vardy out of our best 11 is just ludicrous. Set up properly and get a manager in who knows how to play to the strengths of his squad and he'll be excellent again. I don't know what people think has happened in the 8 weeks of summer which means he goes from the 6th highest scorer in the league having only started 25 games, scoring in well over one in every two of those, to him being suddenly past selection. Of course he's declining but **** me, he hasn't toppled off the mountain top on roller skates.

Yes he needs protecting and leaving out of some games but if we are discussing the BEST 11, then leaving him out is complete ****ing soggy flapspittle.

Personally I think Perez is under-utilised. Offers a bit of creativity on the right side of attack and can link well with justin. Daka gets the nod over Nacho, just because he was one of the few who stood out against Brighton. I love Vardy, and everything he has done, but we can't focus our attack around him. We just become far too predictable.

Leaving Vardy out of our best 11 is just ludicrous. Set up properly and get a manager in who knows how to play to the strengths of his squad and he'll be excellent again. I don't know what people think has happened in the 8 weeks of summer which means he goes from the 6th highest scorer in the league having only started 25 games, scoring well over one in every two of those, to him being suddenly past selection. Of course he's declining but **** me, he hasn't toppled off the mountain top on roller skates.
He's 35. Even the most one-eyed City fan can see that he's not the force he once was. As a substitute though, he could be an absolute game-changer

Personally I think Perez is under-utilised. Offers a bit of creativity on the right side of attack and can link well with justin. Daka gets the nod over Nacho, just because he was one of the few who stood out against Brighton. I love Vardy, and everything he has done, but we can't focus our attack around him. We just become far too predictable.
I agree with the Perez comments and I agree that, at rimes, we need to adapt and change our focus. It still baffles me however, how Vardy isn't in some folks' BEST 11.

He's 35. Even the most one-eyed City fan can see that he's not the force he once was. As a substitute though, he could be an absolute game-changer
I literally said we need to protect him. But if you think the extra 8 weeks in the summer means he's suddenly not our best striker then that's ****ing mental. He's a world ahead of Nacho and Daka at the moment. Last season was ample proof of that, even though he was out for a massive chunk of it.

I literally said we need to protect him. But if you think the extra 8 weeks in the summer means he's suddenly not our best striker then that's ****ing mental. He's a world ahead of Nacho and Daka at the moment. Last season was ample proof of that, even though he was out for a massive chunk of it.
I think we need to look at it as our best 13 or 14. Just because I have not put him to start doesn't mean I don't think he can play a huge role. Look at cricket for example. The best batsmen don't always open the batting. Give Daka a go, and use Vardy at full force when legs are more tired and the game opens up.

I think we need to look at it as our best 13 or 14. Just because I have not put him to start doesn't mean I don't think he can play a huge role. Look at cricket for example. The best batsmen don't always open the batting. Give Daka a go, and use Vardy at full force when legs are more tired and the game opens up.
And again, I agree. But the thread is our best 11. On the whole, with a proper manager, he has to be in that number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757