Where is the pride?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

After stuffing myself silly with booze and good food i settled down to watch the Brum v Boro game.
With frequent visits to ceefax i predicted a comfortable 3-0 win for us.
0-1 at half time and all of a sudden one of those nightmare games was unfolding. By 4.30 ceefax sends out the panic button and its time to take the radio commentry.I can hear Matt Jones in the background moaning ,and there is nothing to make me think theres going to be an equiliser and a rousing finish.
The above average crowd who all turned up with hope were heading for the exits well before the finish.A chorus of "what a load of rubbish" comes crackling through as the ref puts us out of a mysery again.
For FECKS sake i am thinking this is Rotherham.With respect Rotherham are a poor side .No quality, no real good players ,but the one thing they have is pride.Sadly for us the pride in pulling on the blue shirt is missing.I urge CL to sort this mess out and get rid of the wasters who insult our great name .We may not have the wage bill of 18 months ago,but there is more than a few of our players taking the wee-wee.
My message to those is p#ss off and lets give a chance to anyone that will wear the shirt with pride.

I think CL would love to get rid of a lot of these players but nobody will take them.Until their contracts run out we are stuck with them and he isn't allowed to bring anybody in to change things must be very frustrating for him not to mention for us.I know what you mean about pride though BB,we aren't asking for dazzling skils just an ounce of commitment.Where do we go from here?feck knows but starts for Dawson,Williams and Stearman must surely be on the horizon.

I don't think the best manager in the land could inspire this bunch of players.

It was 4 hours from leaving home to reopening my front door this evening, I pity those who spent hours travelling to see that rubbish today. Personally my time would have been better spent peeling chewing gum off the cold streets, and certainly would have contributed more to the City of Leicester than the players have managed in 25 games so far.

If you didn't go you are one of the lucky ones.

Ive always wanted to see Tommy Wright play. What has happened to him, he has appeared as a sub briefly and thats about it. I also dont feel comfortable enough seeing dublin at the back. For me he is far too relaxed and not committed when he tackles. Matty Heath must have done something badly wrong to lose his place.

These 2 players (Heath, Wright) have Leicester City at heart and are true blue through and through, would put 110% in every game and show a bit of passion that we are seriously lacking.

The one downside is Tommy Wright does have a bit of a short fuse so would collect his fair share of yellow cards but i would rather see a player getting angry rather than one that just shrugs their shoulders.

i think its time we got some of the younger leicester born players in - while i admit this has been a common knee jerk reaction from fans all season to any negative result i think the passionless nature of the performances today in particular but also throughout the season has finally become so bad that its time to take the plunge with a couple of them. what we need is hunger, enthusiasm and committment - all of which has been lacking from most of the senior squad on occasions this season. from what i know of our youth players we have only 2 or 3 really promising ones and most are no doubt not as good (yet) as many of the older players however its no longer about ability its about getting players on that pitch who will run themselves into the ground and give everything they have to try and hold onto their places

chrislcfc18 said:
Ive always wanted to see Tommy Wright play. What has happened to him, he has appeared as a sub briefly and thats about it. I also dont feel comfortable enough seeing dublin at the back. For me he is far too relaxed and not committed when he tackles. Matty Heath must have done something badly wrong to lose his place.

These 2 players (Heath, Wright) have Leicester City at heart and are true blue through and through, would put 110% in every game and show a bit of passion that we are seriously lacking.

The one downside is Tommy Wright does have a bit of a short fuse so would collect his fair share of yellow cards but i would rather see a player getting angry rather than one that just shrugs their shoulders.

From what I've seen of Wright, he's not good enough.

Maybe he should be given a chance from the bench, so CL can see for himself, but nothing he's done for us in the past has convinced me he's got what it takes.

But I am surprised that Heath hasn't played in recent weeks. OK he's prone to making errors, but so are our other defenders. He's not as slow as the three who have played in central defence recently, so I'd have expected him to at least be on the bench.

Every Leicester fan would want to see Tommy Wright up front but the bottom line is he aint good enough.Of what ive seen of him he is not good enough to become a City player.Two managers have no been in charge and neither of them has thought as Tommy Wright as a main strker.Although what i have seen of Dawson and Sheenan they look like they could be ones for the future!

It is defaintely time for some youngster.So roll on Tuesday night and roll on the changes.

mad biker said:
Adams Out !!!!!!!!!!

Adams signed the players - most of them anyway. So it's his team, and despite the crap performance today I still think it's better than we got earlier in the season under Adams, because they're at least trying to play a bit of football, I prefer to lose that way rather than just hoofing it.

I think after the next three games Levein should make a decision about the rest of the season. If we do well in the next few games, try to make the play offs using the players we have available (assuming he can't bring any more players in).

If we do badly in the next few games, forget about the play offs, put all the old past it players on the transfer list, and bring some of the younger players into the squad and see what they can do, with no pressure on them to produce results.

If we do badly in the next few games, forget about the play offs, put all the old past it players on the transfer list, and bring some of the younger players into the squad and see what they can do, with no pressure on them to produce results.

i agree - although IMO for things to improve we need a couple of the youngsters in anyway simply to boost the hunger and committment on the pitch

Micky signed what he, and many of us thought were quality players, they turned out to be a bunch of characterless individuals, lacking pride, passion and spirit, it would`nt matter one jot who was in charge of them they are not putting in any effort, I now dread home games, today was as bad as ANY performance, whether it be Levein, Adams, Taylor or even sodding Pleat and it just won`t do !!! forget blaming managers this is down totally to the players, the exception today being Jordan Stewart, he was superb and gave 100% throughout, well done to him !

webmaster said:
mad biker said:
Adams Out !!!!!!!!!!

Adams signed the players - most of them anyway. So it's his team, and despite the crap performance today I still think it's better than we got earlier in the season under Adams, because they're at least trying to play a bit of football, I prefer to lose that way rather than just hoofing it.

I think after the next three games Levein should make a decision about the rest of the season. If we do well in the next few games, try to make the play offs using the players we have available (assuming he can't bring any more players in).

I wouldn't prefer to lose in any way.

We were allowed to pass the ball because Rotherham sat deep at times, then hit us on the break with Campbell-Ryce, who was amazing today. If we didn't have Stewart playing today, it could have been a lot worse.

We simply don't look like scoring at home, we don't have any pace, creativity or energy to break down teams.

There is no point waiting to see how these tossers perform because we know how it's going to go. Introduce young, skilfull players in to the side (Like Stearman and Dawson) who want to play for us.

Ok Webby, i may have not seen Tommy Wright play this season so i can only rely on other peoples opinion on whether he is good enough but surely CL cant keep relying on Scowy and Connolly to produce the goods when they are clearly not. Both of them must be thinking they are under no pressure to score cause they are getting in the team every week. At any other club this would never happen.

Stick one of them on the bench and give Wrighty an hour each game for say 4-5 games to see how he does. I would rather Wrighty have a go than Benji or Blake. I know promotion is still a possiblity but if we carry on much loger as we are it wont be for much longer.

chrislcfc18 said:
Ok Webby, i may have not seen Tommy Wright play this season so i can only rely on other peoples opinion on whether he is good enough but surely CL cant keep relying on Scowy and Connolly to produce the goods when they are clearly not. Both of them must be thinking they are under no pressure to score cause they are getting in the team every week. At any other club this would never happen.

Stick one of them on the bench and give Wrighty an hour each game for say 4-5 games to see how he does. I would rather Wrighty have a go than Benji or Blake. I know promotion is still a possiblity but if we carry on much loger as we are it wont be for much longer.

Forget it mate ,we have not looked anything like a promotion side from day one this season.Whoever had us down as favourites were carried away by the men in white coats long ago_On what grounds was that tag ever justified.We don't even look as if we could give the 3 promoted sides a game let alone any decent premier sides. Our problems all stem from post administration problems.IMO this looks amongst the worse group of players that i have seen in over 20years with probaly only the Bryan Hamilton and the Pre- Brian Little teams to match it.
CL as a huge job to do, and anybody writing this season off thinking that the next will be our year may well be in for a big disapointment.
In 2 yrs time i believe there will only be 2-3 players of this side left( and thank god for that).
We must give CL plenty of time . We are all going to need plenty of patience.

the only problem with that is that football fans are notoriously fickle.

especially those who are relatively new supporters(i mean from about 1994) they've been lucky enoguh to see th most successful era of LCFC and don't have the memories a lot of others do from before then.

patience IS needed but some fans won't want to wait for what they perceive as to be a right to be in the Premiership.

beaumontfox said:
the only problem with that is that football fans are notoriously fickle.

especially those who are relatively new supporters(i mean from about 1994) they've been lucky enoguh to see th most successful era of LCFC and don't have the memories a lot of others do from before then.

patience IS needed but some fans won't want to wait for what they perceive as to be a right to be in the Premiership.

I agree Beaumont ,football fans are very fickle. You only have to see the pompey fans reaction to a manager who as just given them probaly the best 2 yrs they have had in the last 30 or more.Of course city could win the next couple and that would probaly make my last few posts look like an over the top reaction.Sadly i realy do believe we are poor, and unless we find some cash or develop the youth players we going to have a few difficult years ahead. Hope i am wrong.
As for people who expect us ,or think we have a devine right to be in the prem, i would say think again.
Leicesters record since 1980 is full of promotions and relegations, our best sequence in that period is 1996-2002. The overall record in the last 24 yrs i calculate to be 12 seasons in the top flight ,and this being our 12th season in (div1 div2 cc).
Southampton would be a good role model for us to try to achieve.Since promotion in the late 70's they have yet to be relegated

beaumontfox said:
Brauny Blue said:
beaumontfox said:
Southampton would be a good role model for us to try to achieve.Since promotion in the late 70's they have yet to be relegated

that might well change this season! :lol:

Not with the 3 promoted sides down there with them.
Not with Harry Redknap (he seems to be one of those lucky managers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363