Where will we be by the end of christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but you live in Melton so what do you know :icon rolleyes: :023:
I saw a woman who was at least 6 months pregnant smoking a fag while screaming at a toddler who was doing a trapeze act on a handrail outside Latham House the other day.

I feel like this really encapsulates the frustration, self destruction and angst of being forced into the proximity of relatives at Christmas.

Last edited:
I saw a woman who was at least 6 months pregnant smoking a fag while screaming at a toddler who was doing a trapeze act on a handrail outside Latham House the other day.

I feel like this really encapsulates the frustration, self destruction and angst of being forced into the proximity of relatives at Christmas.
*tightrope, not trapeze.

It’s a beautiful scene you’re describing.

very cosmopolitan place Melton!

Collins:

3. Also called (archaic or literary): Christmastide
the season of Christmas extending from Dec 24 (Christmas Eve) to Jan 6 (the festival of the Epiphany or Twelfth Night)
Collins English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers
Aah- Ha! You are using the literary or archaic definition - so that must pre-date the Premier League (and football) which started in 1992!

As it's Christmas day, I put aside my patriarchal role and let individual members of the family decide for themselves whether they want sauce, pickles or mustard with their pork pie. It is Christmas after all!

For breakfast?

Have a crack Brown nose

Last season, I think that we were a 60 point team that got 52 points thanks to Puel.

This year, we're slightly better placed but not by much. For me, although we have a better manager, our summer transfers were very average.

So, 30 points at halfway would be about right. Any more and it's positive, any less than say 26 and we're paying for a bad summer.

We're already 4 points down on what we got from the same fixtures last season.

It all really rests on whether Rodgers can get his tactical approach to work consistently. And we must improve our service to Vardy.

I think we'll know a lot more after the next two matches. Two wins and everything is set up, anything much less and we're likely to be a mid-table side again.

I'll be making the old Christmas jokes. Do you want stuffing, fnarr fnarr

Last season, I think that we were a 60 point team that got 52 points thanks to Puel.

This year, we're slightly better placed but not by much. For me, although we have a better manager, our summer transfers were very average.

So, 30 points at halfway would be about right. Any more and it's positive, any less than say 26 and we're paying for a bad summer.

We're already 4 points down on what we got from the same fixtures last season.

It all really rests on whether Rodgers can get his tactical approach to work consistently. And we must improve our service to Vardy.

I think we'll know a lot more after the next two matches. Two wins and everything is set up, anything much less and we're likely to be a mid-table side again.
Fair point I did say I had done it with blue tinted specs, do you think we will be nearer the 6th spot?

Fair point I did say I had done it with blue tinted specs, do you think we will be nearer the 6th spot?

The average points required to finish 6th over the last three seasons is 66.

We were 14 points short of 6th last season. We were 16 points behind the previous year, and 25 points away the year after we won the title.

Yes, I think we'll be nearer. However, I haven't seen anything as yet to suggest that we're good enough to get to 66 points.

However, I do think that several of those teams in the top six are weaker comparatively. Only two are clearly better than us. I'd fancy our chances of a result against any of the others. A key factor will be the ability of teams not in the top six to take points from those sides. Only us and Wolves have managed it so far.

So, if the top six stutter a bit more because the lower teams perform a bit better against them, we could sneak in there if we find a way of scoring enough goals.

We've scored an average of 52 goals a season over the last three years. That's despite having one of the top strikers in the league. The average number of goals scored by a side finishing 6th is 64. That's where I'm concerned.

I'll be making the old Christmas jokes. Do you want stuffing, fnarr fnarr

And for the gentlemen:, 'Are you a leg man or a breast man.' Best said while drunkenly waving the carving knife around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757