Who ate all the pies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

We took our grandsons yesterday as a normal season ticket family, except that one of the boys was on crutches because of a football injury. We went stright to our seats so that he avoided the last minute rush, and said we would get food at half-time.

Half-time arrives. Queued up in a long queue for nearly 15 mins in the B3 concourse to find out when we got to the counter that they had run out of food!

Why did they not announce it so people did not have to wait?

Why did they run out? They knew how many people were going to be at the match.

Who do I email a complaint to in the absence of Peter Jones?

Any other areas run out food?

We took our grandsons yesterday as a normal season ticket family, except that one of the boys was on crutches because of a football injury. We went stright to our seats so that he avoided the last minute rush, and said we would get food at half-time.

Half-time arrives. Queued up in a long queue for nearly 15 mins in the B3 concourse to find out when we got to the counter that they had run out of food!

Why did they not announce it so people did not have to wait?

Why did they run out? They knew how many people were going to be at the match.

Who do I email a complaint to in the absence of Peter Jones?

Any other areas run out food?

I can confirm the concourse area in C1 / C2 also had no pies at HT. I always go down about 4 mins before HT to try and avoid the long queues. From what I could see, there was a very limited amount of Burgers/Hot Dogs which would have ran out before the rush of people came down once the HT whistle had gone.

It was the same scenario above at the Derby game.

Maybe going direct to the caterers would do the trick? http://www.djcatering.co.uk/index.html

I can confirm the concourse area in C1 / C2 also had no pies at HT. I always go down about 4 mins before HT to try and avoid the long queues. From what I could see, there was a very limited amount of Burgers/Hot Dogs which would have ran out before the rush of people came down once the HT whistle had gone.

It was the same scenario above at the Derby game.

Maybe going direct to the caterers would do the trick? http://www.djcatering.co.uk/index.html

Thanks for the info, I will get on to them, but they might not do anything unless they know someone important at the club is also going to get to know about it.

They Make no allowance for the expected attendance. Same number of pies wether it's 18,000 or 28,000. This lot are now as bad as the previous lot.

At Covscum away I waited all through half time and 5 minutes into the second only to be told that they had no hot food left when I got to the front.

I asked 'Why on earth could not put a sign up as soon as you ran out, informing people of this inconvenience?' Only not quite that politely.

It's like that every match to be honest, mostly because everyone goes down to queue about 10 minutes before the first half has finished, which is ridiculous in my opinion - surely people come for the football primarily, rather than the pies?!

But anyway, pretty much every time I go down and queue at half time there's usually nothing left by the time I get to the front. Good job I'm only usually after a cup of molten Bovril!

everyone goes down to queue about 10 minutes before the first half has finished, which is ridiculous in my opinion - surely people come for the football primarily, rather than the pies?

:038::038::038:

everyone goes down to queue about 10 minutes before the first half has finished, which is ridiculous in my opinion - surely people come for the football primarily, rather than the pies?!

They're the same people who arrive after ten minutes and leave on about 78. Pointless.

Any normal person is capable of bringing better food than they serve at the concourse and you can eat it without inconveniencing people you squeeze past. If you are not get sandwiches at Morrisons. That way you will eat better, eat sitting down and perhaps find as I do that the people around you are really interesting.

On Saturday when the march round came I found out that a gentleman sitting in front of me was one of Montgomery's Desert Rats during the war. Talking to him was far better than queueing for the kind of pie no proper restaurant would dare serve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263