Who Goes, Who Stays? Championship Here We Come!....

It won’t be though.
No no, of course it won't. It's just the thought that amuses me. Not because I have anything against him. On the contrary, I'd wish him well wherever he goes. I guess it's just all this assumption that he's off somewhere, signed sealed delivered, that I'd like to see jilted.

Iversen, Faes, Souttar, Thomas, Kristiansen, JJ (depending on recovery), KDH and maybe Hamza are the ones I'm almost certain will still be here next season.

Then I think potentially a couple from Vardy, Perez, Nacho, Daka, Soumare, Praet and Ndidi - but I think majority of those get moves. Someone will take a punt on them for Ligue 1, Bundesliga or Serie A. Or if their wages are too high, moves to Turkey.

It's pretty bloody bleak.

The only player I feel happy about having next season would be James Justin, and we'd only get to keep him because no one will want to take the risk yet

I'd be happy if we keep Mendy, although I'm really hoping we build a stronger, more physical side.

All this talk of clearing out and rebuilding. That fact that for the last couple of transfer windows we’ve barely had a pot to piss in, is not suddenly going to improve now we’ve dropped.

All this talk of clearing out and rebuilding. That fact that for the last couple of transfer windows we’ve barely had a pot to piss in, is not suddenly going to improve now we’ve dropped.
5 out of contract players will release some money

The one player I would love to keep is Kelechi. He'd have a field-day in the Championship. And yes, he's not been beyond criticism this season - those chances missed at Southampton spring to mind - but he's one of the very few whose effort and commitment I've never questioned.

I think a defence involving Iversen, Souttar, Justin and Kristiansen would do well in the Championship. I actually think in terms of their development, the Championship will be good for Souttar and Kristiansen. I think they were both good long-term signings. Would have been great if we were comfortably mid-table and they only played a very minor bit-part this season. Neither were ready to be thrown into a Premier League relegation scrap.

I can't see anyone taking a punt on Ricardo. He'd be good in the Championship, but I can't see his body holding up. We clearly need centre back reinforcements.

The midfield needs major surgery. Agree that we'll likely have KDH and Choudhury. The idea of either being a regular is not appealing. I'll be glad to see the back of Tielemans - he left a long time ago. I don't see a long list of suitors for Ndidi. He could be great for us if he can recapture even half of the player that he was, but that is a big 'if'.

And we will definitely need new attacking options. If we rake in some money through sales we should go out and get a player who has proven they can score goals at Championship level - Gyokeres, for instance. Who knows what the future holds for Vardy. Whatever it is, it won't be playing 30+ games in an even more physical league next season.

We'll clearly lose Maddison. And we'll almost certainly lose Barnes too. We can only hope to get as much of a transfer fee as possible. Castagne and Praet will move on, most likely to another European league. With Faes being in the Belgian squad and supposedly playing well in League 1, I think we'll have offers for him. I'm not as down on Vestegaard as seemingly everyone else, but if we get offers, we should accept. Soumare will likely get a move back to France. Not sure about Daka - I wouldn't be surprosed if we got offers. But equally, he's hardly enhanced his reputation since he joined us. If he's with us next season, could he score a hatful at that level?

And obviously with no Maddison or Barnes, we'll need to try and add some attacking creativity.

I'd sell Danny Ward in a heartbeat if we get a half-decent offer for him. Keep Iversen as number one and give Smithies another one-year contract as backup. Or if he's shit, find another experienced backup who's available free or on the cheap.

Of the out of contract players, the only one I'd consider possibly offering a contract to is Amartey. At Championship level he could be a very useful squad player.

I've already said it, I'm as likely to stop following Leicester as I am...what was it again? **** me, I'm getting old. But yes, no choice.
Have intercourse with a human

The one player I would love to keep is Kelechi. He'd have a field-day in the Championship. And yes, he's not been beyond criticism this season - those chances missed at Southampton spring to mind - but he's one of the very few whose effort and commitment I've never questioned.

I think a defence involving Iversen, Souttar, Justin and Kristiansen would do well in the Championship. I actually think in terms of their development, the Championship will be good for Souttar and Kristiansen. I think they were both good long-term signings. Would have been great if we were comfortably mid-table and they only played a very minor bit-part this season. Neither were ready to be thrown into a Premier League relegation scrap.

I can't see anyone taking a punt on Ricardo. He'd be good in the Championship, but I can't see his body holding up. We clearly need centre back reinforcements.

The midfield needs major surgery. Agree that we'll likely have KDH and Choudhury. The idea of either being a regular is not appealing. I'll be glad to see the back of Tielemans - he left a long time ago. I don't see a long list of suitors for Ndidi. He could be great for us if he can recapture even half of the player that he was, but that is a big 'if'.

And we will definitely need new attacking options. If we rake in some money through sales we should go out and get a player who has proven they can score goals at Championship level - Gyokeres, for instance. Who knows what the future holds for Vardy. Whatever it is, it won't be playing 30+ games in an even more physical league next season.

We'll clearly lose Maddison. And we'll almost certainly lose Barnes too. We can only hope to get as much of a transfer fee as possible. Castagne and Praet will move on, most likely to another European league. With Faes being in the Belgian squad and supposedly playing well in League 1, I think we'll have offers for him. I'm not as down on Vestegaard as seemingly everyone else, but if we get offers, we should accept. Soumare will likely get a move back to France. Not sure about Daka - I wouldn't be surprosed if we got offers. But equally, he's hardly enhanced his reputation since he joined us. If he's with us next season, could he score a hatful at that level?

And obviously with no Maddison or Barnes, we'll need to try and add some attacking creativity.

I'd sell Danny Ward in a heartbeat if we get a half-decent offer for him. Keep Iversen as number one and give Smithies another one-year contract as backup. Or if he's shit, find another experienced backup who's available free or on the cheap.

Of the out of contract players, the only one I'd consider possibly offering a contract to is Amartey. At Championship level he could be a very useful squad player.

I'd be happy to keep Nachos. We'd probably still leave him out for most of the season. I hope he goes and smashes it at Palace or something.

I don't know why people think so many of our players will have suitors. They won't. We will be keeping the majority of players we have on our books because nobody will want to take a punt on them.

Barnes, Maddison and Castagne will all have takers - dunno what Perez has been up to, but probably him as well if he’s been any good. JJ as well, obviously, if he recovers from injury before the windows slams shut. Ndidi possibly.

Anyone else capable of attracting any real interest is out of contract anyway

Be amazed if we get buyers for anyone else but if we do we will certainly take pretty much any offer made

Barnes, Maddison and Castagne will all have takers - dunno what Perez has been up to, but probably him as well if he’s been any good. JJ as well, obviously, if he recovers from injury before the windows slams shut. Ndidi possibly.

Anyone else capable of attracting any real interest is out of contract anyway

Be amazed if we get buyers for anyone else but if we do we will certainly take pretty much any offer made
I think Perez is out of contract now anyway.

The following are effectively no longer City players: Soyuncu, Evans, Bertrand, Amartey, Tielemans, Mendy, Perez and Tete.

The following are in the final year of their contracts so we cannot afford to retain them due to salaries and/or the loss we'll experience in 12 months: Ndidi (£10m), Maddison (£30m), Praet (£2m), Vardy (£0), Vestergaard (£0), Choudhury (£2m), Iheanacho (£10m), Albrighton (£0), Smithies (£0), Thomas (£2m). Getting those salaries off the books will be painful in a few cases but it will have to be done to generate a fresh mentality in the squad. We cannot have players scrapping whilst there are people paid much more contributing feck all.

That leaves decisions to be made on the rest. There will be takers for many of them on loans or permanent deals. Anyone we get a reasonable offer for must go. I expect permanent deals for Barnes (£20m) and Castagne (£10m) will bring in some cash. The rest will probably only go on loans. There is a value in loaning out players that could then generate permanent interest if we get the salary off the books, e.g. Justin, Soumare, Daka, Faes, Ricardo, Someone might buy a Daka or a Faes or a Soumare but I doubt it.

I'll be amazed if we bring in £100m. Especially when you consider how many of our signings include sell on fees. For example, Norwich get 15% of whatever we get for Maddison.

I think we'll probably keep Iversen, Kristiansen, Souttar and Dewsbury-Hall. We will need to promote some of the U21s and get a load of loans and free transfers in. Getting the right manager in is crucial.

Oh, and the Championship season starts nine weeks on Friday.

A lot of the shit we've struggled to flog, I think we'll see leave now

1. They won't be up for the Championship so more likely to take a pay cut
2. If they stay, they'd be taking a pay cut due to relegation clauses anyway
3. We'll be willing to just get them off the books even more - free transfers and/or us covering some wages to clear them out

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463