Who Goes, Who Stays? Championship Here We Come!....

Based on what, not beating Southampton, Blackburn and Leeds who are all Championship clubs.
We will do well to finish in the playoffs next season, we have no manager and a Forest like recruitment process coming up.
Based on the majority of that squad finishing 5th two seasons in a row getting to a UEFA cup Semi final, winning the FA cup and finishing 10th the other season. The entire squad has underperformed this season and to me they downed tools under BR, that is what happens when you say your squad is rubbish and need to go.

Mendy and Perez will stay if they accept the wages we'll offer. So I guess they'll be off then.

I would suggest that the reason why we've been carrying so many 'mediocre' PL quality players in our squad over recent seasons is almost entirely due to the money that they're getting paid by us. It's well documented that our average first team player is on £90k a week.

Take Perez as an example here. He's been here for the money for a long time. He's not a regular, not especially being picked for the key games, or even being played in his preferred position. But he stayed put and kept quiet. Word on the street is that he's been desperate to return to Spain for the last two years but the money is just so good that you simply cannot refuse it.

Our squad has lots of these players in it. If, and it is a huge if, some of these players have contracts with significant drops in salary now, they'll be off super quick. We're not attractive to hang around at any more. Last summer, we struggled badly to find new homes for our unwanted players because it was just Rudkin and his 'excuse me, could I interest you in ...' nonsense. This summer, the players agents will be very busy getting their clients out because the money is in moving, not staying.

People like Praet and Vestergaard will do the sums and realise that they need to move this summer. It's just not sensible to sit on a year of not playing Championship football and then be a free agent when everybody has forgotten who you are. It may be that we can only do loans for these sort of players with us paying part of their salaries, but they sure as shit won't be here at the end of August.

Clearing the squad out is going to be painfully expensive but pretty easy to do.

Based on the majority of that squad finishing 5th two seasons in a row getting to a UEFA cup Semi final, winning the FA cup and finishing 10th the other season. The entire squad has underperformed this season and to me they downed tools under BR, that is what happens when you say your squad is rubbish and need to go.
The majority of that squad won't be here next season, I can't see how anyone can predict how well we will do next season when 1) we don't have a manager. 2) we don't know how much money we will have to spend on new players 3) we don't have a scooby doo on who the players will be and the ones left will be the ones we don't want like Vestergard, Ward and Soumare.

The majority of that squad won't be here next season, I can't see how anyone can predict how well we will do next season when 1) we don't have a manager. 2) we don't know how much money we will have to spend on new players 3) we don't have a scooby doo on who the players will be and the ones left will be the ones we don't want like Vestergard, Ward and Soumare.
I think we will be fine and competitive if we manage to hold on to most of our players. The squad we have currently is technically far better than the championship and their Prem league finishes back that up.

I agree with you that no one has a clue who will be here or who the manager will be, that said, if we keep 50% of our current squad we should be okay and a few additions through savvy recruiting could see us push for a play off place.

when we sell our players the wage bill will go down and transfer fees will come into the club, no matter how big or small it is, we will still have money to play in the transfer market. It is about taking an educated risk a bit like we did all the way back when we were in league one and the championship.

There are hidden gems out there, it is down to having the courage to take a gamble, or we go for journeymen pros to maybe get us up? As I and others have said before the key to all of this is hiring the right manager, we are still an attractive proposition to most teams in the championship.

"But we take responsibility for that & the negativity that comes with it & continue to stick together L LCFC "

Does this mean that Maddison is another one considering running his contract down on the promise of greater riches in 12 months time? If there is no relegation clause in his lucrative contact it might make financial sense to him. But it would mean that we would have no money even for big_mac's 'savvy recruiting'.

Ndidi may have apologised, but he's also removed mentions of LCFC from his Twitter and Instagram bios.

Always a weird thing that players do this to show they want a move...

Does this mean that Maddison is another one considering running his contract down on the promise of greater riches in 12 months time?
Nah, he's just talking the talk. I don't think he'll want to risk tanking his career and/or not getting an England call-up by treading water, no matter how lucrative.

He'll be talking a different talk when an offer comes in.

Ndidi may have apologised, but he's also removed mentions of LCFC from his Twitter and Instagram bios.

Always a weird thing that players do this to show they want a move...

Hopefully we get a decent price for him based on times of old. It is weird that they do that shit, with all the talking that goes on (used to be called tapping up) I'm not sure why they need to bother.

"But we take responsibility for that & the negativity that comes with it & continue to stick together L LCFC "

Does this mean that Maddison is another one considering running his contract down on the promise of greater riches in 12 months time? If there is no relegation clause in his lucrative contact it might make financial sense to him. But it would mean that we would have no money even for big_mac's 'savvy recruiting'.

There's not a chance in hell that 'Brand Maddison' will play a season in the Championship

There's not a chance in hell that 'Brand Maddison' will play a season in the Championship
So he's just a ****ing liar then? Thought so!

Probably not - his post implies that he is not asked for a transfer out - but he must be pretty confident a PL club will come in with a reasonable offer for him shortly. When that happens - it will be the club that sells him and he can argue it was in the best interests of both the club (finances) and his career without him being disloyal to LCFC in any way.

When that happens - it will be the club that sells him and he can argue it was in the best interests of both the club (finances) and his career without him being disloyal to LCFC in any way.
To which end he is correct.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756