Who Goes, Who Stays? Championship Here We Come!....

We shouldn't be offering anyone a new contract, unless it is on reduced terms of course but no player would sign that.

All of the out of contract players should be gone and then probably half and the ones still under contract should be gone.

I really don't understand why some people seem so keen to keep hold of so many of our squad - they're shit, hence why we got relegated, cost us far too much in wages and if they can't be arsed to scrap to stay in the PL, they are the exact opposite of characters that are required to get out of the Championship.

They both will want to, and should, leave.
I agree. That's why I had 'if' in caps.

People were talking of them staying. I don't see it happening myself BUT IF the club offered them a new deal, it'd certainly be on lesser wages. The club might because it'd be 2 less fewer squad places to scout/fill.

Edit: before any ****er starts.

Last edited:
We shouldn't be offering anyone a new contract, unless it is on reduced terms of course but no player would sign that.
Bingo.

It's stating the obvious imho to say the club will not be renewing contracts. If they offer new ones (to whoever) it will be on our fiscally responsible terms (if we've learnt what that means now) I'd be staggered if any of our current crop would accept such a contract.

Well, unless they really are apologetic for the shit they've dropped us in, feel a degree of responsibility towards the club and genuinely do want to stick together to sort it out. Look a flying pig. Nah, Maddison et al are full of shit. It's easy to kiss the badge for an Insta post.

I'd offer any of the out of contract mob a Nicky Summerbee special deal.

Play for us for nothing and if we go up we'll bung a few quid your way. They'd of course reject it.

Anything else would be utterly insane.

Play for us for nothing and if we go up we'll bung a few quid your way. They'd of course reject it.

How did it work with Nicky Summerbee? I was a child in the 2002/03 season.

As would anyone with two brain cells to rub together, no matter the industry or profession.

When we were relegated in the Taylor era, none or very few of the players had automatic wage reductions in their contract.

In order to stop is going bust, I believe the majority agreed to defer a chunk of their wages that would be repaid if/when we got promoted.

Big Marshy's latest conspiracy is that none of the current lot have any relegation reductions...... Perhaps we see a similar offer as before?

Even with so much money on the table, I'm not sure I'd still fancy many of the current lot to bounce back.

When we were relegated in the Taylor era, none or very few of the players had automatic wage reductions in their contract.

In order to stop is going bust, I believe the majority agreed to defer a chunk of their wages that would be repaid if/when we got promoted.

Big Marshy's latest conspiracy is that none of the current lot have any relegation reductions...... Perhaps we see a similar offer as before?

Even with so much money on the table, I'm not sure I'd still fancy many of the current lot to bounce back.
Yep. Sounds like the kind of garbled ****wittery he'd come out with. Normally shouted at a lamppost from a park bench.

Yep. Sounds like the kind of garbled ****wittery he'd come out with. Normally shouted at a lamppost from a park bench.
9a8875cd-6790-47da-8a0c-77fc9bc5c082.jpeg.1a762e0e41405e051b3b2633ded1ad58.jpeg

Got me there. No idea. Must admit I had assumed so but, once the question is specifically asked, I have to admit ignorance.
Same here. I asked myself the question this morning and I didn't know either.

Off they go then.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756