who has been our worst striker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

All my favourites played in this game... Maybury, De Vries, Hammond, Gareth Williams, Stephen Hughes, ****in Joey ‘round the corner’ Gudjohnson.

If I hadn’t seen such riches.

I think Mark de Vries was much maligned by some. At the time he left halfway through the season, he was our top scorer, averaging a goal every 380 minutes.

Compare that to Nacho who gets a Premier League goal every 900 minutes!

Jamie Vardy scores a goal every 200 minutes.

I think Mark de Vries was much maligned by some. At the time he left halfway through the season, he was our top scorer, averaging a goal every 380 minutes.

Compare that to Nacho who gets a Premier League goal every 900 minutes!

Jamie Vardy scores a goal every 200 minutes.
He scored once for us that season, which is indeed a goal every 380 minutes. When his contract was cancelled, Hume was on 7. DJ was on three.

I’m still surprised that we pissed League 1 so easily when you consider our backup options to Fryatt and Howard were a past it Paul Dickov and Barry Hayles.

Wasn't Hayles playing as much as some kind of wide player? Could be wrong, there's a lot about players from that period I've drunk to forget

Wasn't Hayles playing as much as some kind of wide player? Could be wrong, there's a lot about players from that period I've drunk to forget

It was a team of Barry Hayles

BBC Leicester Sport‏ Verified account @BBCRLSport 2 hours ago

Brendan Rodgers confirms that Kelechi Iheanacho does feature in his future plans at Leicester City.

Rodgers on Iheanacho: “Coming in it’s never easy, and when you’re challenging one of the best strikers in the league that’s hard too. He’ll come back in pre-season and work hard. I’ve been very impressed with him”

Brendan Rodgers confirms that Kelechi Iheanacho does feature in his future plans at Leicester City.

Rodgers on Iheanacho: “Coming in it’s never easy, and when you’re challenging one of the best strikers in the league that’s hard too. He’ll come back in pre-season and work hard. I’ve been very impressed with him”
bollocks, maybe it is because no one else wants him?

bollocks, maybe it is because no one else wants him?
Could be any number of things. It could be that BR is being sincere, and he is in fact the first LCFC employee to even attempt to formulate a strategy to use him in some way that isn’t some version of “chuck him on at the end and see what happens”. It could also be complete bollocks and he’s desperately ringing round to offload him on the cheap.

Ade and Kalechi failed at Premier League level. Players like Ricky Sappleton and Jon Stevenson were never regarded as first team strikers.

I am always disappointed when Roger Davies is criticized. He was the best non league player I ever saw.

Malcom Partridge irritated me more than any other striker. However, I think the worst was Carl Cort. Martin Allen signed an injured Carl Cort. He then decided he wanted Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink Milan Manderic agreed terms with Hasselbaink who then passed a medical. Thay was when Martin Allen changed his mind. He decided he did not need Hasselbaink as Carl Cort was awesome in training - at that point Cort was still injured and had not trained at all.

We went into League One that season. I believe the team was too nice and a nasty player like Hasselbaink would have kept us up. Meanwhile Carl Cort made Iheanacho look like Di Stefano.

I should also mention Stan Collymore. He was by no means the worst - indeed very talented. . At the time of his last game for Leicester he had quarrelled with manager Peter Taylor. In that match he became the only Leicester player who I believe deliberately player badly. Peter Taylor rightly described his performance as unacceptable.

Could be any number of things. It could be that BR is being sincere, and he is in fact the first LCFC employee to even attempt to formulate a strategy to use him in some way that isn’t some version of “chuck him on at

Could be any number of things. It could be that BR is being sincere, and he is in fact the first LCFC employee to even attempt to formulate a strategy to use him in some way that isn’t some version of “chuck him on at the end and see what happens”

Exactly the way he's used him so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758