Who the fcuk are we gonna sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave

I'm getting really frustrated in the lack of signings,i have faith in Micky but i'm desperate to get some signings under our belts.
In my opinion we need to sign 2 fullbacks, a holding tackling centre midfielder, another attacking centre mid, 2 wingers and 2 strikers.

Re: Who the **** are we gonna sign.

dave said:
I'm getting really frustrated in the lack of signings,i have faith in Micky but i'm desperate to get some signings under our belts.
In my opinion we need to sign 2 fullbacks, a holding tackling centre midfielder, another attacking centre mid, 2 wingers and 2 strikers.

Totally agree there Dave, perhaps just the one full back who can play at either left or right back and a centre back who can play in the centre or full back. I'm so worried I really am, chill malf.

Malf said:
dave said:

Totally agree there Dave, perhaps just the one full back who can play at either left or right back and a centre back who can play in the centre or full back. I'm so worried I really am, chill malf.

I am trying to chill too. I need some encouragement though Malf. :? :? :cry:

Stop stressing...

We'll be fine, i have all the faith in world with Micky.

he'll produce... just wait and see. :roll:

Who the **** are we gonna sign.

Come on lads. All this desperation. Who we gonna sign? Hayles has gone to sheff utd (He's ambitious) bent in talks with Everton & Pompey. So what! :roll:
There are hundreds of players out there to choose from. Many we might not even know about. Let them that be do their work and see who is brought in. For now lets just watch England in Euro 2004. 8)
Malf go and have some wacky baccy, I think you need it :wink:

Steven said:
Malf said:
dave said:

To take positives from the situation is the only way to move forward otherwise we might aswell sniff a stella now. At the end of the day Adams is not going to give up, he's hardly going to stop trying to sign players. We are forgetting that Micky Adams is probably the biggest 'signer' in football today, he even puts Barry Fry to shame. Adams isn't happy unless he's on the blower to an agent or at a game checking a player out. Now the man deserves a holiday after the year he's had, he's made mistakes and he's held his hands up. It would take a very foolish and naive man to go back to his old ways after publically stating he will re-build the team. Adams has my full respect, if you ever met the man you would also fail to not respect him. He's not only a good manager but a very nice person, possibly one of the funniest people i've ever met. Now being funny gets you nowhere in football, but if your generally a nice character you are going to make friends with some imprtant people in football and Adams has done this. I am chilling my beans now, because sooner or later some players will be walking through the gates at The Walkers and things will be roseir. Jesus, we haven't even kicked a ball in this piss poor league and we are all fearing the worst. Let's not forget, Adams is a magician in the lower leagues. He might do things we don't agree with, but if he can get this team of ours back up then let's keep our laughing gear quiet yeah?

I still stand strong that we will sign a fair few players by the time we kick off in August, in an ideal world they would all be in by monday but that is pretty much impossible unless we panic buy.

Thanks Malf. :wink:

Malf said:
Steven said:
Malf said:
dave said:

To take positives from the situation is the only way to move forward otherwise we might aswell sniff a stella now. At the end of the day Adams is not going to give up, he's hardly going to stop trying to sign players. We are forgetting that Micky Adams is probably the biggest 'signer' in football today, he even puts Barry Fry to shame. Adams isn't happy unless he's on the blower to an agent or at a game checking a player out. Now the man deserves a holiday after the year he's had, he's made mistakes and he's held his hands up. It would take a very foolish and naive man to go back to his old ways after publically stating he will re-build the team. Adams has my full respect, if you ever met the man you would also fail to not respect him. He's not only a good manager but a very nice person, possibly one of the funniest people i've ever met. Now being funny gets you nowhere in football, but if your generally a nice character you are going to make friends with some imprtant people in football and Adams has done this. I am chilling my beans now, because sooner or later some players will be walking through the gates at The Walkers and things will be roseir. Jesus, we haven't even kicked a ball in this piss poor league and we are all fearing the worst. Let's not forget, Adams is a magician in the lower leagues. He might do things we don't agree with, but if he can get this team of ours back up then let's keep our laughing gear quiet yeah?

I still stand strong that we will sign a fair few players by the time we kick off in August, in an ideal world they would all be in by monday but that is pretty much impossible unless we panic buy.

Top post to be fair, and I think you're right. :)

Cheers buster, it's right though. I think we take Adams for granted, he's still learning but look at the facts. He's a shit hot lower league manager.

Malf said:
Cheers buster, it's right though. I think we take Adams for granted, he's still learning but look at the facts. He's a shit hot lower league manager.

What he did at both Fulham and Brighton was nothing short of amazing. Saved them both from relegation to the conference, and got them promoted the following season as champions with no money at all.

Scowcroft said:
Malf said:

What he did at both Fulham and Brighton was nothing short of amazing. Saved them both from relegation to the conference, and got them promoted the following season as champions with no money at all.

Exactly, I mean things are a little different here but he always seems to excel when it's truely backs against the wall. I think he's the best man for the job and if he read some of the stuff spouted about him it would make his blood boil. Now he's not untouchable and if he makes mistakes it should be pointed out, but if he read about the anger we have in us not signing players at this early stage he'd be pissing himself. Adams and two signings don't really go together unless we have a transfer embargo! Adams hate single digit numbers, he'll atleast be looking for ten players.

he'll at least be looking for ten players.[/quote]

I don't doubt that -or there won't be sufficient players to fulfill fixture lists for the team & reserves.

However, we wait to see the quality of the newcomers - we seem to have a problem in appealing to decent younger players - not surprising and tough for Adams but I suppose where we are is where we are.

Redditch Fox said:
he'll at least be looking for ten players.

I don't doubt that -or there won't be sufficient players to fulfill fixture lists for the team & reserves.

However, we wait to see the quality of the newcomers - we seem to have a problem in appealing to decent younger players - not surprising and tough for Adams but I suppose where we are is where we are.[/quote]

Canero and Williams you could argue are good younger players. We don't seem interested in signing unproven players though from lower leagues, that's my gripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757