Who will we sign first?

Out of the players we have been linked with us, who will we sign first?

• Dion Dublin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jon Harley

• Nacho Novo

• Other

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Fan

Out of the players we have been linked with us, who will we sign first?

I think it will be Tiatto...... 8)

I would agree with that at the moment.

Tiatto is rumoured to be in talks with us, so it's looking likely at the moment. Although, West Brom are after him.

LeeH said:
I'm not sure we'll sign anyone, at the moment.....

I think we'll leave it late to save on summer wages -that's how bad I think our financial position is - expect serious trouble next season if & when gates fall & we are not challenging for play off place.

I have never seen the club pushing so hard to unload any player they can -I simply don't believe that any efforts are being made to keep decent players -its just window dressing to limit the damage on season ticket sales -if any of our better players stay it will be because they cannot get a decent contract elsewhere or don't fancy warming the substitute's bench. Only Muzzy is worth a regular first team spot - even Walker would struggle to get in as a first choice - he's only going to Euro 2004 because there are so few English keepers around.

Depressing I know -but its the way it is until something turns up to change things.

or is MA waiting for the euro competition showcase to see if he can pick up a useful latvian on the cheap?

Redditch Fox said:
LeeH said:

I think we'll leave it late to save on summer wages -that's how bad I think our financial position is - expect serious trouble next season if & when gates fall & we are not challenging for play off place.

I have never seen the club pushing so hard to unload any player they can -I simply don't believe that any efforts are being made to keep decent players -its just window dressing to limit the damage on season ticket sales.

Depressing I know -but its the way it is until something turns up to change things.

A budget has been set based on certain assumptions. Not sure how quickly the club expected season ticket renewals but if the sales remain low the club will be less confident to invest in players other than those regarded as essential by Micky & he can't decide that until he knows if the likes of Dickov are staying.

'Serious trouble' is overstating the situation as again the budget will be set based on low achievement levels like it was this year.

Offering Dickov a new contract is making an effort.

Chicken & egg situation here - fans hold off buying ST's waiting to see signings which may not be made without ST sales.

Foxes_Trust said:
Redditch Fox said:
LeeH said:

I have never seen the club pushing so hard to unload any player they can -I simply don't believe that any efforts are being made to keep decent players -its just window dressing to limit the damage on season ticket sales.

A budget has been set based on certain assumptions. Not sure how quickly the club expected season ticket renewals but if the sales remain low the club will be less confident to invest in players other than those regarded as essential by Micky & he can't decide that until he knows if the likes of Dickov are staying.

'Serious trouble' is overstating the situation as again the budget will be set based on low achievement levels like it was this year.

Offering Dickov a new contract is making an effort.

Chicken & egg situation here - fans hold off buying ST's waiting to see signings which may not be made without ST sales.

Not a lot of comfort from the Foxes Trust then - the club could hardly come out and say that it wasn't offering a contract to Dickov could it?

Your remark about "low achievement levels" is indicative of a sensible approach & clearly necessary but it re-inforces my view that the situation is pretty dire from a supporter's standpoint.

However, I think that the club's apparant strategy of trying to push season tickets by announcing near to extortionate matchday prices is not going to work - I anticipate quite a lot of 'fans fixtures' unless you fancy a 50% full stadium.

Redditch Fox said:
Not a lot of comfort from the Foxes Trust then - the club could hardly come out and say that it wasn't offering a contract to Dickov could it?

Your remark about "low achievement levels" is indicative of a sensible approach & clearly necessary but it re-inforces my view that the situation is pretty dire from a supporter's standpoint.

However, I think that the club's apparant strategy of trying to push season tickets by announcing near to extortionate matchday prices is not going to work - I anticipate quite a lot of 'fans fixtures' unless you fancy a 50% full stadium.

The clubs approach is one of accountancy prudence rather than one of pessimism, then any additional revenue which isn't budgeted for is Micky's. The same approach last year saw the mid season signings of Dabizas, Freund, Canero & Morris from the ahead of budget performance although the Internationals played at the Walkers was a significant factor.

Match day pricing & what grade is applied to each fixture is something we intend to discuss further with the club

I think Tiato, he will come staright to us n play brilliant.

Redditch Fox said:
LeeH said:

I have never seen the club pushing so hard to unload any player they can -I simply don't believe that any efforts are being made to keep decent players -its just window dressing to limit the damage on season ticket sales -if any of our better players stay it will be because they cannot get a decent contract elsewhere or don't fancy warming the substitute's bench. Only Muzzy is worth a regular first team spot - even Walker would struggle to get in as a first choice - he's only going to Euro 2004 because there are so few English keepers around.

RF mate the reasons you have never seen so many players leave before is because we've never had so many crap players on our books or a manager brave enough to admit he's made mistakes and to start again. Everyone wants us to re-build so that means plenty of players leaving and being replaced with new players, that's how it works. At present our squad looks grim, but it's June 1st. How many players had we signed this time last year and look how many Adams shipped in! Our financial situation isn't the best, but neither is alot of division one teams. We've budgeted to come 20th last season and we came 18th so abit more cash has come in. Micky Adams would not release the population of a small country if he knew there was no chance of bringing in at least 6 or 7 new players I guarantee you that. Adams isn't a 'yes' man, if he doesn't like what's going on he'll make that known. There has been no suggestions from him that we won't be signing anyone, infact this is one thing he has guaranteed us. Adams is the first to let the cat out of the bag about things, such as 'Release Clauses' etc. Chill your beans and see what happens, but don't throw the towel in yet. Get your season ticket and watch your £300 being invested in a young magician.

Please remember that our season has been over for only two weeks

It's hardly surprising that we haven't signed anyone yet - no-one has

homer said:
Please remember that our season has been over for only two weeks

It's hardly surprising that we haven't signed anyone yet - no-one has

My sentiments exactly.

Micky plans to have all his new signings here by the time pre-season training starts which is June 28th.

Malf is correct with the number of players we are aiming to bring in, although that number will increase if we have any further departures that weren't desired (Dickov etc)

Should be an interesting month

Foxes_Trust said:

I can hardly wait. :roll: :roll: :? :? :wink:

Foxes_Trust said:
Micky plans to have all his new signings here by the time pre-season training starts which is June 28th.

Malf is correct with the number of players we are aiming to bring in, although that number will increase if we have any further departures that weren't desired (Dickov etc)

We only really need 6 or 7 as we should be looking at the academy for one or two players aswell. We'll be fine, get behind the boys.

RF mate the reasons you have never seen so many players leave before is because we've never had so many crap players on our books or a manager brave enough to admit he's made mistakes and to start again. Everyone wants us to re-build so that means plenty of players leaving and being replaced with new players, that's how it works. At present our squad looks grim, but it's June 1st. How many players had we signed this time last year and look how many Adams shipped in! Our financial situation isn't the best, but neither is alot of division one teams. We've budgeted to come 20th last season and we came 18th so abit more cash has come in. Micky Adams would not release the population of a small country if he knew there was no chance of bringing in at least 6 or 7 new players I guarantee you that. Adams isn't a 'yes' man, if he doesn't like what's going on he'll make that known. There has been no suggestions from him that we won't be signing anyone, infact this is one thing he has guaranteed us. Adams is the first to let the cat out of the bag about things, such as 'Release Clauses' etc. Chill your beans and see what happens, but don't throw the towel in yet. Get your season ticket and watch your £300 being invested in a young magician.[/quote]

Excellent post Malf - I agree one of the pluses of MA is that he does tell it like it is. That's a reason I would prefer him -on balance - to stay. It sounds vindicative but I don't have good vibes about Dave Bassett & think we would be better off without his involvement in contract negotiations - he's been around the network too many times.I hope you are right about bringing in young players - the past strategies simply have not worked - too many crafty old pros just looking for a pension fund.

Redditch Fox said:
RF mate the reasons you have never seen so many players leave before is because we've never had so many crap players on our books or a manager brave enough to admit he's made mistakes and to start again. Everyone wants us to re-build so that means plenty of players leaving and being replaced with new players, that's how it works. At present our squad looks grim, but it's June 1st. How many players had we signed this time last year and look how many Adams shipped in! Our financial situation isn't the best, but neither is alot of division one teams. We've budgeted to come 20th last season and we came 18th so abit more cash has come in. Micky Adams would not release the population of a small country if he knew there was no chance of bringing in at least 6 or 7 new players I guarantee you that. Adams isn't a 'yes' man, if he doesn't like what's going on he'll make that known. There has been no suggestions from him that we won't be signing anyone, infact this is one thing he has guaranteed us. Adams is the first to let the cat out of the bag about things, such as 'Release Clauses' etc. Chill your beans and see what happens, but don't throw the towel in yet. Get your season ticket and watch your £300 being invested in a young magician.

Excellent post Malf - I agree one of the pluses of MA is that he does tell it like it is. That's a reason I would prefer him -on balance - to stay. It sounds vindicative but I don't have good vibes about Dave Bassett & think we would be better off without his involvement in contract negotiations - he's been around the network too many times.I hope you are right about bringing in young players - the past strategies simply have not worked - too many crafty old pros just looking for a pension fund.[/quote]

I'm not keen on Bassett, I never have been. People forget he's still here, but he certainly is still here somewhere sticking his nose in! Get him out, I think he brain washes Adams.

According to the Sun said:
GARY MEGSON hopes to make Danny Tiatto the first summer arrival at West Brom this week.

The Aussie midfielder, 31, is due for a second round of talks with Baggies boss Megson today after being released by Manchester City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757