Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Russia

• Spain

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish it would be England but I really do doubt it, favorites France because of the class but we all remember what happened it the World Cup, Anything can happen! :wink:

Scowcroft said:
Got a sneaky feeling that Holland will do it...... :(

More chance of Forrest winning anohter European Cup, they really do have some bad team.

A rational head says Italy my heart says England, but I have an incling for Spain.

Spain?
it's about time they turned up at these big parties.
I have a hunch Italy will do well too
I honestly cannot see England winning it. :cry: sorry
winners- wine slugging, cheese eating, surrender monkeys

MKFox said:
Spain?
it's about time they turned up at these big parties.
I have a hunch Italy will do well too
I honestly cannot see England winning it. :cry: sorry
winners- wine slugging, cheese eating, surrender monkeys

It is about time Spain did something. They just have too many good players playing well not to be contenders. Only real problem for them would be Raul's form.

Italy have the strongest team on paper, but may play too defensively.

trickytrev said:
Scowcroft said:
Got a sneaky feeling that Holland will do it...... :(

More chance of Forrest winning anohter European Cup, they really do have some bad team.

A rational head says Italy my heart says England, but I have an incling for Spain.

A bad team? Are you mad? They have some of the best techichal players in Europe - Stam in defence, Davids in midfield, and the likes of Kluivert and Horse upfront make them a very strong team IMO.

Kluivert and Horse

Those two are playing excelently at the moment aren't they, and they make such a great partnership :roll: .

You say Stam in defence,m have you seen the players they will have playing around him. Going to be Hoffland and Melchiot playing I think. One is crap and one can't get a game for love nor money.

In Midifeld they play players such as Cocu and Overmars, who have not been good since 1998.

Plus they are always falling out with each other and players liek Van Bommel and Seedorf are sooooo over rated it is untrue. England have a stronger team.

trickytrev said:
Kluivert and Horse

Those two are playing excelently at the moment aren't they, and they make such a great partnership :roll: .

You say Stam in defence,m have you seen the players they will have playing around him. Going to be Hoffland and Melchiot playing I think. One is crap and one can't get a game for love nor money.

In Midifeld they play players such as Cocu and Overmars, who have not been good since 1998.

Plus they are always falling out with each other and players liek Van Bommel and Seedorf are sooooo over rated it is untrue. England have a stronger team.

Kluivert and Horse are two top quality strikers who will raise their game for the tournament - And as for Horse not playing well, how many goals has he scored this season in a underachieveing Manchester United side?

Melchiot is a regular in the Chelsea side, so that is a wild exaggeration on your part. Hoffland is a very decent defender, and has been linked to all the top clubs in Europe.

Van Bommel is a very good holding player, and his distribution is excellent. The likes of Seedorf and Davids are two energetic players with a touch of class. Players who distribute the ball intelligently and keep it. Overmars provides that pace and skill down the left/right, and is a still a big threat when he's on form.

Owen Hargreaves (who you rate) would not even get near the Holland side.

Melchiot is a regular in the Chelsea side, so that is a wild exaggeration on your part. Hoffland is a very decent defender, and has been linked to all the top clubs in Europe.

He has not played since Peter Kenyon told the press he would not be given a new contract. It is suspecxted that there is a dispute between the player and the club.

Van Bommel drifts in and out of games and is most definately not a big game performer.

Seedorf has little going for him if you compare him to other teams attacking midfield playmaker. i.e Scholes, Zidane, Valeron, Totti, Rui Costa.

Owen Hargreaves (who you rate) would not even get near the Holland side.
That is because their best player, Davids, plays in that position. Would Hofland, Melchiot, Cocu have a prayer of getting in our team. No.

Didn't Melchiot play against Wolves, and Score? :roll:

As for Melchiot getting in the England team, do you actually think Gary Neville is better? A player who you don't rate at all?

As for the attacking midfield position, Kluivert tends to drop back and plays in between Midfield and attack and links up the play - Very much like Sherringham. I agree that Seedorf isn't a patch on the players you have mentioned, but he's more adaptable, and he's more of an all round player.

As for Van Bommel, he plays in that anchor role in front of the back 4, so his job is just to sit and distribute the ball well. No need to be a 'big game performer' when you play that role. Just need to stay disciplined and perform the defensive duties well.

Scowcroft said:
Didn't Melchiot play against Wolves, and Score? :roll:

As for Melchiot getting in the England team, do you actually think Gary Neville is better? A player who you don't rate at all?

As for the attacking midfield position, Kluivert tends to drop back and plays in between Midfield and attack and links up the play - Very much like Sherringham. I agree that Seedorf isn't a patch on the players you have mentioned, but he's more adaptable, and he's more of an all round player.

As for Van Bommel, he plays in that anchor role in front of the back 4, so his job is just to sit and distribute the ball well. No need to be a 'big game performer' when you play that role. Just need to stay disciplined and perform the defensive duties well.

Well lets not pretend that Van Bommel is any better thsan say Nicky Butt or Owen Hargreaves then shall we.

Kluivert us noit a patch on the forementioned players either. He is living on a reputationm built as an under 21. Not good enought to get in The Barca team at the moment.

Yes Melchiot is better than Gary Neville, but give me Glen Jonson, Jamie Carraghjer or Phil Neille anyday of the week over Melchiot. He may have playerd against Wolves, Probably forced dues to Jonsons injuries, but he is very much out of favour, and it is due to his contractual situation.

For a start, Van Bommel is much better technically than Butt or Hargreaves - And he uses the ball much better.

Kluivert has a very good record at international level and always raises his game when he plays for Holland. More than 1 in 2 I think, and you can't argue with that record at international level.

Melchiot has been a regular with Chelsea from what I've seen. Johnson was a regular at the start of the season, but Melchiot had forced his way back in because he is essentially a better defender than Johnson. Johnson is a bit of a liability at right back at times, but he will improve with experience.

Portugal, Spain or France. A sneaky semi place for Germany wouldn't be off the cards either.

Sorry to say it but England - Quarter finals again. :wink:

Billy Boy said:
Portugal, Spain or France. A sneaky semi place for Germany wouldn't be off the cards either.

Sorry to say it but England - Quarter finals again. :wink:

I would say Northern Ireland after that tremendous win in the footballing hotbed of Estonia, but you know........ :wink:

Either Portugal or Italy to win.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758