Why are a lot of you..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislcfc18

.......thinking about rebuilding for the long term and staying in the 1st Division for a few years and then going back up. The club will never make progress that way. The way i see it we bring in players who are capable of getting promotion straight back up next season and this is where you make the gamble, similar to this season, i know it didnt come off this season but the Premiership is the place to be financially. If we stay in Div 1 for a few years we will be going to shitty grounds, having our own ground only 1/2 to 3/4 full and heaven forbid we may even risk relegation to Div 2 for the first time. Who on this forum can say to me honestly that they would be p***ed off if we went straight back up. It would mean more money, star players again coming to the Walkers, ok possible another relegation battle but there is still a chance, and if we stay up we can put more money in to the team and this is how to rebuild. Or would you prefer to travel to places like Plymouth, QPR etc etc for the next few years and have no money to buy players relying on players coming through the youth academy.

I know which one i would prefer.

Thats my thinking as well, an extra 10mill for 1 season in the prem can be used the following year in div 1. As long as the club sorts its act to ensure that players that are the future of the club cannot and do not want to leave in the event of relegation it can only be a good thing.

I think MA will sign 3-4 quality young players that will be here a while (canero etc) and several players more experienced purely to get us out out div 1 if only for a year. This process can be repeated until we are strong enough to stay there.

This has been discussed in the 'Rebuilding the squad' thread.

I would sooner see Leicester in a European place in 10 years time than still trying to avoid relegation one year and hoping for promotion the next.

No pain no gain chrislcfc18

chrislcfc18 said:
.......thinking about rebuilding for the long term and staying in the 1st Division for a few years and then going back up. The club will never make progress that way. The way i see it we bring in players who are capable of getting promotion straight back up next season and this is where you make the gamble, similar to this season, i know it didnt come off this season but the Premiership is the place to be financially. If we stay in Div 1 for a few years we will be going to shitty grounds, having our own ground only 1/2 to 3/4 full and heaven forbid we may even risk relegation to Div 2 for the first time. Who on this forum can say to me honestly that they would be p***ed off if we went straight back up. It would mean more money, star players again coming to the Walkers, ok possible another relegation battle but there is still a chance, and if we stay up we can put more money in to the team and this is how to rebuild. Or would you prefer to travel to places like Plymouth, QPR etc etc for the next few years and have no money to buy players relying on players coming through the youth academy.

I know which one i would prefer.

just because you get experienced players it doesn't guarantee going up? If you get in older players and fail to go up, your a year behind the building process.

You just need a mixture.

Wellard said:
I would sooner see Leicester in a European place in 10 years time

But this won't happen either. Quick fix for me.

I would sooner see Leicester in a European place in 10 years time

The best way of getting in to Europe is through the top 5/6 in Premiership or a lucky cup run. The Premiership looks like the best option so we need to be there, this is also where the money is so we get there try to stay up for a couple of seasons to get more money and pump that money in to the team. I think i would feel to frustrated waiting another 10 years to see City in europe again although it may happen what ever division were in but look at teams like Charlton, Birmingham, Fulham and now Portsmouth they have got there and stayed there and look like a comfortable Premiership sides. This is what we have got to be looking at not hanging around Div 1 for years to come picking up players from from the lower leagues hoping they will come good. I would prefer to see some good international players here again and the only way we can get these is with money and where is this money the Premiership.

chrislcfc18 said:
lol ooooops think i pressed the wrong button there :roll:

Obviously :roll:

How can anyone believe that MA good as he is can build a squad with no money and if we stay down in division one for more than one season, the club will not have any money. YoYo'ing is by far the better option that will give MA the money to build a quality team.

PS: The questions asked in the 'Rebuilding the squad' thread was toss and totally bias so I have re-asked the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757