Why Keown Joined Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonesman

Do not be amazed if Keown takes over from Adams at the beginning of the season. That's the real reason he chose us over some Premiership outfits.

Sven will be ousted as England manager within the next two weeks. The whole thing is a plot hatched by Ken Bates and backed by David Dein (the Keown connection) to get McClaren in as national coach at a third of the cost.

Moyes and Adams are joint favourites to take over at Boro. If Adams doen't get in at Boro he's a shoe in for what will be the vacancy at Everton.

And so this will leave the way clear for Keown to take over here. Explains why he's been sitting on the bench and taking coaching sessions with the ressies.

I've got this from a source who's very close to the FA. He tells me that Ken Bates is the most powerful man in British football and is behind much of the stuff that gets into the news. Not a man to be crossed by all accounts.

while i'm not saying that this is a complete load of you know what to you personally mate, i very much doubt whether this is true. what is your source?

Bonesman said:
Do not be amazed if Keown takes over from Adams at the beginning of the season. That's the real reason he chose us over some Premiership outfits.

Sven will be ousted as England manager within the next two weeks. The whole thing is a plot hatched by Ken Bates and backed by David Dein (the Keown connection) to get McClaren in as national coach at a third of the cost.

Moyes and Adams are joint favourites to take over at Boro. If Adams doen't get in at Boro he's a shoe in for what will be the vacancy at Everton.

And so this will leave the way clear for Keown to take over here. Explains why he's been sitting on the bench and taking coaching sessions with the ressies.

I've got this from a source who's very close to the FA. He tells me that Ken Bates is the most powerful man in British football and is behind much of the stuff that gets into the news. Not a man to be crossed by all accounts.

So you aren't into conspiracy theories then!

I wouldn't doubt that there are FA bigwigs who now realise how mistaken they were to throw all that money at Sven -who looks like a competent but nothing special national team manager - never had a particularly wonderful record as a club manager either.

However, I wonder what sort of legal advice they have or will get on grounds for dismissal without - as Wisey's man would say -monster compensation?

With Martin George still involved at the club there is no way Keown would be given the job as manager. He has always championed getting managers who have been successful at lower levels and i cant see that changing now, his judgement is well trusted when choosing managers and getting Keown would go against everything he believes in.

Also engalnd would still have to pay off ericksons contract so the saving money part is crap.

absolutely brilliant, that's one of the funniest rumours i'v read on here for a long time :lol: :lol: :lol:

not bad for a first post

marcus bent said:
Dave basset and tim davies would chose the new manager and it would not be Keown

Tim davies as chief exec would have not have much input if any he is a business man here to run the business side, it is a board decision (george et al) bassett would be consulted but the final decision is down the the board. And as Martin George had great input into getting o'neil, little, mcgee (spelling) and Adams his opinions would hold great sway.

I said 'don't be amazed if'... It's a plot and not all of them are successful.

My source is a financial advisor to an association linked to the FA. The plan is to sack Sven without compensation for 'gross deception.' That's one for the lawyers to sort out.

The Sun is in on this - that's how McClaren's mush was all over their pages yesterday. Bates has very strong connection with the paper - he ran a column for them a few months back (their reward for the 'scoop' he gave them over Sven's attempt to take over at Chelsea).

The Sun are also rumoured to have been behind Abramovich's takeover at Chelsea. The story about his trawl through London looking at clubs to buy is a heap of poo. That was a Murdoch thank you to Bates for helping Sky get The Premiership at a reasonable price.

Anyway, for those of you with the attention span of gnats remember what I said - 'don't be amazed if'...

marcus bent said:
me dad got o'neill and he would help chose the new one,

I thought your dad was J.H? Am i mistaken??

It was well known in the media at the time that George wanted oneil ahead of walker who was set to join at the time, and alot of the board where very unhappy. Your dad may have been one of the few who agreed.

I actually worked at leicester at the time oneil took over, the guy was never bloody there. I worked with adi, paul, rich and dawn in marketing for a bit.

Bonesman said:
The plan is to sack Sven without compensation for 'gross deception.' That's one for the lawyers to sort out.

Yeah i suppose... if they have minutes of what he said and he denied it then he is screwed i would think.

The reason why we choose managers who've proved themselves at smaller clubs is because they come cheaper: it's finance not football.

I know there are a lot of links in the chain of this theory but it does explain a lot about Keown's very sudden move here(which, incidentally, no one predicted in a summer when every other move has been trailed weeks in advance) and all the recent talk of his getting 'coaching experience.'

Another odd thing was the way Micky ducked the summer tour.

How about the reason that Adams gave us. I.e. Keown joined because he wanted to play football and also because he had an eye on a FUTURE coaching career. LCFC have a manager and he is under contract, also, Keown is a million miles away from being even slightly qualified to be a manager.

Your rumour is very funny...keep it going it might make fansfc.com

At 38 I don't think that Keown has much football left in him. And if that is what he really wanted why not join 'Arry @ Pompey in the Premiership on at least double what we could offer him?

I don't know the situation regarding his coaching badge and what the rules are in the Fizzy but I suspect the rules are not as strict as they are in The Prem (and even there, by European standards, they are a little lax).

As I said in my past post there are a few links in the chain of this plot - four to be precise:

1. Sven to be sacked
2. McClaren to be appointed National Coach
3. Micky to go to Boro or Everton or wherever
4. Keown to be manager of LCFC

Anyway the fact that there is a plot to get rid of Sven is backed up by tomorrow's headlines in The Sun. So one down three to go.

Babylon said:
marcus bent said:
Dave basset and tim davies would chose the new manager and it would not be Keown

Tim davies as chief exec would have not have much input if any he is a business man here to run the business side, it is a board decision (george et al) bassett would be consulted but the final decision is down the the board. And as Martin George had great input into getting o'neil, little, mcgee (spelling) and Adams his opinions would hold great sway.

Although still a shareholder Martin George is no longer on the board and if we go on shareholder opinion the Trust would be entitled to a larger say than him.

Having said that, there is no doubt he made some shrewd decisions on manager selection in the past, it would be the board's decision whether to call on that experience.

The original story seems to forget such candidates as Big Sam at Bolton & Curbishley at Charlton who would come into consideration for any Prem job viewed as larger than their present clubs.

Foxes Trust, if Allardyce & Curbishley are to be tempted to leave their pretty cushy little numbers I imagine it would take one of the big six to come knocking (Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa). Boro is really a move sideways - into possible trouble.

Another point that hasn't been considered is why is McClaren being built up as Sven's replacement? One League Cup and carrying Sven's bags is hardly a commendation. The Sun (and my mate) seem to be pretty sure about this.

Watch this space...

Bonesman said:
Foxes Trust, if Allardyce & Curbishley are to be tempted to leave their pretty cushy little numbers I imagine it would take one of the big six to come knocking (Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, Villa). Boro is really a move sideways - into possible trouble.

Another point that hasn't been considered is why is McClaren being built up as Sven's replacement? One League Cup and carrying Sven's bags is hardly a commendation. The Sun (and my mate) seem to be pretty sure about this.

Watch this space...

Seems to me Steve Mclaren has done nothing with the huge amounts of money Boro always seem to be spending. We spent lots less and got lots higher with MON.

Couldn't agree with you more Fox Fan. That's why this business smells a little. The Sun has already run three articles about McClueless including a testimonial from the world famous 'Den' @ Wrexham.

The Sun now expects the FA to have hassle with Boro in letting McClaren go, so Sirs Brooking and Bobbo Robbo will fill fill the breach for a few games.

Of course this puts my timetable back a bit too so I'm not a happy bunny either. Expect Keown to take over say sometime before Crimbo (to be on the safe side). Of course we'll be top then by at least 10 points.

I don't see why other clubs would want MA. |Hes not been particualrly sucsessful at Leicester and has often fallen out with players something which a chaiurman isn't exactly going to be wanting.

Did you know Moyes was suggested to the board (elsom) by MOn as his sucessor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757