WI v Eng 3rd ODI

Status
Not open for further replies.
then we could be Phoenix this summer.

look at the positive side. Willlow probably won 10 or 20 pence.

Second Test, Napier (day two, close):
New Zealand 619-9 dec v India 79-3 :icon_wink

You fail to mention India are 1-0 up. I'm watching now and probably will do right up till the point you cant sleep as your so restless and can't believe England lost so convincingly :icon_wink

Haha

This is like a countdown for when Jessel will appear. :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: I'm sorry but :icon_lol:

You fail to mention India are 1-0 up. I'm watching now and probably will do right up till the point you cant sleep as your so restless and can't believe England lost so convincingly :icon_wink

:icon_lol: I'm sorry but :icon_lol:

Firstly i will never lose sleep over how good or bad an England cricket team perform.
Secondly i've not the slightest interest in what the Indian cricket team does unless they are playing England.:icon_wink
In genaral i like to see a good close contest, and today England were shockingly poor. The WI supporters whilst no doubt happy to win were deprived of a game.
I can take defeat, but not when the people who represent my flag insult us with such appauling ineptitude.

I agree BB and find that most cricket watchers at all levels prefer to see a close exciting game rather than a one sided shambles. No disrespect intented Jessel but you seem much more anxious to self-identify with India than appreciate the game itself.

Back to England - there is an increasing pattern of poor, unmotivated performances overseas which tells me that the players no longer have the stomach for these tours and are much more interested in highly lucrative comic cricket. I don't doubt that they will perform much better this summer because the W.I. are unlikely to be able to transfer their success to English wickets which give more help to our medium fast bowlers and because the Aussies are in a state of some disintegration.

I'm afraid this will obscure how very poor England is a whole and provide an excuse to carry on with the same bad old ways.

Pietersen commented about being on tour for a long while, and as if the team were mentally drained.

Perhaps then he should take a rest instead of flying off to collect his pot of gold from the IPL.:icon_roll

I'm now of the opinion that England have disintegrated further.

I know that we are poor, but we are also fortunate to be playing the Aussies when they are in a downward spiral. For instance, our spinners are second class - but they don't have any sort of quality of spinner.

It's being widely commented that all the England set-up now thinks about as a measurement of its success is the Ashes series, but I'm afraid that it isn't going to be vintage stuff this year.

I know that we are poor, but we are also fortunate to be playing the Aussies when they are in a downward spiral. For instance, our spinners are second class - but they don't have any sort of quality of spinner.

It's being widely commented that all the England set-up now thinks about as a measurement of its success is the Ashes series, but I'm afraid that it isn't going to be vintage stuff this year.

Interesting to compare. Ponting, Hughes, M.Clarke and Hussey (if what we are seeing for them two is a blip), Katich, Johnson, Lee, Stuart Clark would all be strong contenders for a composite XI if you ask me.

Don't know anything much about Haddin but would Prior really edge him out?

We might have a spinner, KP, Flintoff and maybe Strauss and/or Cook?

Worrying, given that the Aussies are at a low point.

It seems Pietersen really knows how to get under peoples skin.

Firstly Gayle has had a pop at him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/7969926.stm

And Botham

http://www.cricket365.com/story/0,18305,6656_5107778,00.html

Sky also reporting tonight that Andy Flower has also had a go at KP.
Not sure what thats about.

All this after him falling out with ex coach Peter Moores, resulting with him getting sacked as captain.

The Aussies famously nicknamed him FIGJAM ( **** i'm good just ask me )

Seems a bad egg in the England camp, and maybe some of the reasons as to why they are not performing as a team:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669