Wilcox possibly out for rest of season..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leigh

Wilcox Could Be Sidelined For Season

Jason Wilcox could be out for the rest of the season after he was stretchered off in Saturday's 1-1 draw with Coventry City at Highfield Road witha knee injury.

Wilcox went down awkwardly following a challenge with Rohan Ricketts with just 14 minutes on the clock.

The former Leeds winger will have a scan on the problem area today (Monday) - but initial fears suggest that it could be cruciate ligament damage.

Caretaker manager Dave Bassett said: "Jason will have a scan on the area and until we have seen the results of that we won't know what the problem is.

"But it certainly looks at this stage like the injury is to the cruciate ligaments and, if that is the case, I would say he could be out for the rest of the season."

Former City midfielder Matt Jones battled back from a similar injury during his career with the Foxes, but was eventually forced to retire with a back problem.

Danny Tiatto has now served his one-match ban and could fill the vacant spot left by Wilcox on Tuesday night when the Foxes take on Ipswich Town at the Walkers Stadium.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10274~577599,00.html

I'm no fan of Wilcox based on the performances that I've seen this season, that said I wouldn't wish this on anyone. And we don't have the biggest of squads in the first place. Poor bloke.

Thats not good news at all, he was definitely showing signs of improvement in his game. Is it worth considering getting in a left winger on loan to cover? I suppose Harper could fill in but is he staying beyond this month?

I thought he played well against Preston, was better than Jordan. Shame he's injured, especially since it leaves us with only Tiatto and Stewart on the left side. If the situation arises (which it no doubt will since both have already served suspensions this season) then I guess Makin and Scowy could always play on the left :? I think we need another left sided player now though.

If Wilcox is going to be out for the rest of the season then I imagine he will retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669