Speculation Wilfred Ndidi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great move. Hope we've got our eye on some defensive improvements as well.

I hope he can compete in The Prem.

I guess we all do.

I just wonder what gives us much confidence that this will be a more effective purchase than the generous donations that we made to other clubs coffers last summer.

The answer to that is those signings were all Steve Walsh ones, this will be the first Macia signing.

Ndidi we do
The issue is that there is an endless stream of heavily promoted, vastly over-priced foreign based players who are marketed at EPL clubs. By definition the players have no Prem experience and this player is so young he would be very unlikely to be picked if he was a UK player.

Our recruitment in the summer was a disaster- threw away the club's resources and has been pointed out, missed out on decent transfers at a time when our attraction to good players was at its highest.

I hope this is better business for the club- and I'm amazed the owners are prepared to continue to invest in the judgement of whoever is controlling recruitment.

Eh? It's a new group. And besides what are they supposed to do, not invest?

And it's a ridiculous statement when we're the Premier League champions! The recruitment clearly hasn't been that bad...

I feel people are being overly harsh on the new players. Hernandez I don't think is good enough, but Musa and Slimani are good players who just need time to settle and the team as a whole hasn't been performing well. Musa is still young as well. Mendy hasn't had any time for people to even make a judgement really...

:icon lol: Are we potentially writing off players before they've even arrived now?

Has always been the case - I wrote off Wes Morgan off as a useless fat lump, and look how that turned out

Although to be fair, I was right about Carl Cort

:icon lol: Are we potentially writing off players before they've even arrived now?

No, I understand that new signings are urgently required. I just hope that there is a better targeting of positions and better value for money.

We made some great signings prior to this summer - obviously. Perhaps the summer signings will eventually prove themselves....hopefully whilst we are still in the Premier League.

some seem to forget how the "great signings" we made took some time to come great.

some seem to forget how the "great signings" we made took some time to come great.

Quite.

Vardy was dogshite the first year he was with us. Mahrez took eighteen months to evolve into a world class player. There are several more examples. Even people like Cambiasso only really excelled after several months at the club.

The thing with Walsh is that he almost always recruited players with genuine ability. Many haven't made an immediate impact but have gone on to prove to be very good players.

I haven't seen anything as yet to write off any of the new signings.

Our new man, Macia, will prove much more adept at actually getting players in. That's his strength and is something we weren't good enough at. However, based on his record at other clubs, the recruitment will become far more hit and miss.

Has always been the case - I wrote off Wes Morgan off as a useless fat lump, and look how that turned out

Although to be fair, I was right about Carl Cort
He's a useful fat lump and as Meat Loaf pointed out, two out of three ain't bad

Hernandez has looked okay in his few appearances, adequate cover.

Musa has shown glimpses to suggest he could be good

And Slimani has been good IMO

When you consider they have been playing intermittently in a team that has been awful I think they have done reasonably well.

It's the old players that have let us down, not the new ones.

We paid feck all for them, so that was to be expected

When you spunk fifty million big ones, you should expect a bit more than bang average meh performances week in week out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757