Wise new swindon boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtonfox

if ive put this in the wrong place please move it for me thx :icon_wink

source http://www.football-rumours.com/

Dennis Wise has been installed as Swindon player-manager after agreeing personal terms on Monday. The 39-year-old will be assisted at the County Ground by former Chelsea team-mate Gustavo Poyet. "I have been impressed with Swindon in the meetings we have had and liked what I heard," Wise explained. "There will not be loads of money to spend. I have targets I would like to bring in and we will have to wheel and deal to a certain extent." Wise says he and Poyet will register as players and be available to play but hopes they are not needed. "I want a fit and strong side because once you have that you have a mentally strong side and that will help us no end. I am sure the players will do well for us and keep us out of the side but because we will have a relatively small squad the option will be there." Former boss Iffy Onoura was offered the chance to stay in a reduced capacity but has turned down that opportunity and has left the club. He said: "While I am disappointed, I understand that the club want that big name to put bums on seats early in the season, which is important. My argument was, and still is, that a longer term stability was important to the club. The club wanted to go a different way and we have held a frank and honest discussion. There was an offer to keep me at the club, but in reality the new manager wouldn't want the former manager sitting in the wings. I don't think that would have been beneficial and there would have been a little bit of pride at stake too."

:icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil still hate him

fosseboy83 said:
according to the Sun gonna offer Claridge a contract

Long term - like 4 weeks on recent form:081:

Like to see what he does when 2 of his players have a training ground punch-up. Knowing that twat he'd probaly reward them with a bonus and longer contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669