Post Match Wolves 4 Leicester 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the defence were too split but surely our midfielders and forwards should shoulder most of the blame for gifting the ball continually to the Wolves midfield.
Our defence is slow, it is not their fault. It’s fact. Therefore protect them from deep long range passes ffs.
I don't think they gifted the ball away it was more that there was a massive hole between the attack and our two midfielders and neves killed us.

Let’s start with the team lineup. Why does Puel have it in his head that Choudhury can’t play in a midfield two? Ndidi and Mendy were both absolutely ****ing dreadful. We need a new central midfielder sharpish to play alongside Choudhury.

The whole defence were an absolute shambles from start to finish, but not helped by Mendy and Ndidi in the slightest.

Barnes was poor I thought, as was Gray, but both can be excused somewhat with their superb efforts for their goals (yes I know Barnes didn’t technically score).

And then the substitutions. My god.

I need to stop going to away games until we finally have the bollocks to sack Puel. My last four have been Wolves, Newport, Palace and Fulham. 1 draw and 3 defeats. Absolute bullshit.

Seriously though, what on earth do we do on the training ground? It can’t be attacking, it can’t be defending, it can’t be passing, it can’t be movement. What the **** do we do on it apart from dress up as Spider-Man?

Agree that Choudhury should be in the team and ahead of Mendy today but to say he should be the leading central midfielder is a bit over the top. We desperately need more options there though as a Neves is really what we are lacking.

Very harsh on Gray though as he looked our most likely to score throughout and scored an excellent goal. He does quickly need to learn to keep it more simple in our own half with less tricks etc with his back to goal but he showed a lot of danger going forward and could have got more than one today quite easily.

There was no technically didn't score from Barnes, he didn't, simple. I thought overall he looked decent enough though and it was the sort of performance to expect from a youngster starting out at the very top - he was never going to come back the complete player we need straight away.

Nacho sub was poor call and it was calling out for Albrighton instead. Maddison for Barnes was correct though as Barnes whilst showing good moments, was struggling to get into the game.

The game was lost from the shambolic defending all game and generally being completly dominated in central midfield. Morgan and Simpson were absolutely woeful, Chilwell was very poor and Maguire & Evans also had some of their worst permances for us.

But yes, please stop going to away games.

Just hope we’ve got two more wins in us between now and season end.

Surely we have too much to get sucked into it?

No mate... YOU didn’t manage the team properly. Weird line up and weird subs. Time to go.

Maddison for Barnes was correct
Now you must be trolling or taking the piss, surely? It was the most idiotic, illogical substitute I've seen the moron make and there's a huge selection of those to choose from.

Mate, you've written some shit in your time but you've had a nightmare here...:043:

Just hope we’ve got two more wins in us between now and season end.

Surely we have too much to get sucked into it?

12 points off relegation sitting in 9th and 10 points behind 6th.

Over-reaction much?

12 points off relegation sitting in 9th and 10 points behind 6th.

Over-reaction much?

3 league defeats out of 4 to Southampton, Cardiff, Wolves.

4 total defeats (I know you care about cups) if you include Newport.

7 defeats in 10 is it?

Obviously we are capable of getting a result against the likes of United, Liverpool or Spurs but it’s also entirely possible we lose those. 10 defeats from 13 that’d be. Speculating as I’m sure you’ll point out.

You’re right, no cause for alarm.

Last edited:
Now you must be trolling or taking the piss, surely? It was the most idiotic, illogical substitute I've seen the moron make and there's a huge selection of those to choose from.

Mate, you've written some shit in your time but you've had a nightmare here...:043:

Ah so no we are back to selective quoting are we.

I'm not repeating my reasoning for it but it was. He could have possibly took Ricardo off instead as he offered little and was poor again but he is also meant to be our best current attacking threat so Barnes coming off was correct.

Not putting Maddison in the middle straight away was a bad call but he soon switched Gray and Maddison over.

Calm down though, people are allowed different opinions.

3 league defeats out of 4 to Southampton, Cardiff, Wolves.

4 total defeats (I know you care about cups) if you include Newport.

7 defeats in 10 is it?

You’re right, no cause for alarm.

Ah so now we use cup games when it suits your argument.

I'm not saying we're not on a bad run, but to think we are getting sucked into a relegation battle is most certainly an over reaction.

Ah so no we are back to selective quoting are we.

I'm not repeating my reasoning for it but it was. He could have possibly took Ricardo off instead as he offered little and was poor again but he is also meant to be our best current attacking threat so Barnes coming off was correct.

Not putting Maddison in the middle straight away was a bad call but he soon switched Gray and Maddison over.

Calm down though, people are allowed different opinions.
Next time I'll quote the whole of your post and then I'll explain why it's bollocks if that helps. I mean, the outcome will be the same of course but you'll have something less to justify your ludicrous nonsense with.

You genuinely think it was a better idea to take of Barnes for Maddison rather than take off a defensive midfielder in Mendy or Ndidi (who were extrodinarily poor and not in the least bit effevtive either defensively or offensively)? I see now why you think Puel is doing a good job.

Next time I'll quote the whole of your post and then I'll explain why it's bollocks if that helps. I mean, the outcome will be the same of course but you'll have something less to justify your ludicrous nonsense with.

You genuinely think it was a better idea to take of Barnes for Maddison rather than take off a defensive midfielder in Mendy or Ndidi (who were extrodinarily poor and not in the least bit effevtive either defensively or offensively)? I see now why you think Puel is doing a good job.

I'll tell you what is complete bollocks - suggesting Maddison should come on and play deep/holding midfield. Unless you think we should have reduced our overran 2 in midfield down to 1 and play Maddison forward too?

I'm pretty sure he was using cup games because you insisted on including them in another ridiculous post. I think a whoosh may be in order.

No whoosh for me my friend.

I'm highlighting the hypocrisy of certain posters in that they seem to pick and choose when to include cup games etc but only when it suits their argument.

Almost like when people use selective quotes sometimes but then consider the whole context another.

Duck. ;)

No whoosh for me my friend.

I'm highlighting the hypocrisy of certain posters in that they seem to pick and choose when to include cup games etc but only when it suits their argument.

Almost like when people use selective quotes sometimes but then consider the whole context another.

Duck. ;)

I didn’t comment on the guardian article at all.

I do think Puel is feeling the pressure, I’ve never seen him so animated on the touch line.

For anyone who watched on TV who did Wes run to in the dugout when he scored?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757