Post Match Wolves 4 Leicester 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think Puel is feeling the pressure, I’ve never seen him so animated on the touch line.

For anyone who watched on TV who did Wes run to in the dugout when he scored?

The entertainment got the better of me then and I wasn't really paying attention.

Puel's fault for making it too exciting.

I'll tell you what is complete bollocks - suggesting Maddison should come on and play deep/holding midfield. Unless you think we should have reduced our overran 2 in midfield down to 1 and play Maddison forward too?
I didn't suggest that Maddison should play anywhere specifically. What in bollocks name are you making up now? You realise that using Maddison wasn't the only option don't you? Replacing Barnes with Maddison didn't work at all. It was never, ever going to.

No whoosh for me my friend.

I'm highlighting the hypocrisy of certain posters in that they seem to pick and choose when to include cup games etc but only when it suits their argument.

Almost like when people use selective quotes sometimes but then consider the whole context another.

Duck. ;)
It's almost as if you just pretend you don't understand really simple things but instead just repeat yourself over and over and over again. I'd laugh if it wasn't so tragic.

Was this supposed to be a short thread or nah
Yes. We've all been thoroughly entertained. We were absolutely awful but our manager is a smashing lad who set us up perfectly to excite everyone. What the hell are people upset about? Close the thread.

Yes. We've all been thoroughly entertained. We were absolutely awful but our manager is a smashing lad who set us up perfectly to excite everyone. What the hell are people upset about? Close the thread.

I'm upset about the result, is that not allowed here then?

This place is so confusing at times.

I do think Puel is feeling the pressure, I’ve never seen him so animated on the touch line.

For anyone who watched on TV who did Wes run to in the dugout when he scored?

Didn't see, but he ran past straight Puel to get to whoever it was

I didn't suggest that Maddison should play anywhere specifically. What in bollocks name are you making up now? You realise that using Maddison wasn't the only option don't you? Replacing Barnes with Maddison didn't work at all. It was never, ever going to.

Well who would you have taken off then?

Bringing on the player who has created the most chances for us this season and about the 5th highest in the league when we are goal down seems a throughly logical and correct thing to do.

Barnes, whilst showing small moments of promise, was largely ineffective and making only his first league start for us this season also seemed a logical and correct decision to make. Especially when one of the other options has already scored a goal and generally been our most dangerous player and the other is seen as our best current attacking threat by most.

Simpson was the only other logical option but that would have nullified the potential threat of Ricardo playing advance.

You might not believe it, but there are ways of playing football that don't require two defensive holding midfielders

Hard to believe it, I know, but it's true

You might not believe it, but there are ways of playing football that don't require two defensive holding midfielders

Who would you have brought on to replace Wilf or Mendy today then?

Ndidi isn’t playing particularly well, but I think part of the problem is him being played as a defensive midfielder. He was much better when he was playing in a “box to box” role.

We've been losing turgid borefests. Today we lost a 7 goal wide open thriller. We've discovered a new way to lose. Progress.

On top of everything else, if we lose the next 3 games as we'll be expected to do, we'll have lost 6 on the spin & 7 out of 8. One of those to a League 2 outfit & 2 to relegation candidates. That'll put us comfortably in the bottom half of the table. Taken with the general feeling of rudderless confusion & the shit football being played I can't see how he'll survive that really.

No, no, no. If we abandoned that, we wouldn't get anymore of this really entertaining but ultimately fruitless football from Puel.

Remember, that's all we want as the Puel out brigade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757