Post Match Wolves 4 Leicester 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been losing turgid borefests. Today we lost a 7 goal wide open thriller. We've discovered a new way to lose. Progress.

On top of everything else, if we lose the next 3 games as we'll be expected to do, we'll have lost 6 on the spin & 7 out of 8. One of those to a League 2 outfit & 2 to relegation candidates. That'll put us comfortably in the bottom half of the table. Taken with the general feeling of rudderless confusion & the shit football being played I can't see how he'll survive that really.
Shhhh. Don't mention the cup. Or do mention the cup....

He'll be along in a minute to clear it up for you....

Why the **** didn't Chilwell cut that ball out for their 4th

He should have done everything to cut that ****er out.

Chilwell's culpability for their winner seems fairly small compared to the series of positional/schoolboy errors by Simpson, Maguire and Morgan respectively for the first three. Yet again, when the senior players seem to be struggling for form and consistency, complaining about him putting a leg or his cock in the way of a pass on its way to the part of the pitch where he actually should have been, isn't really the point.

Chilwell's culpability for their winner seems fairly small compared to the series of positional/schoolboy errors by Simpson, Maguire and Morgan respectively for the first three. Yet again, when the senior players seem to be struggling for form and consistency, complaining about him putting a leg or his cock in the way of a pass on its way to the part of the pitch where he actually should have been, isn't really the point.
Chilwell was as awful as the rest of the defence yesterday. He isn't being singled out, he's being criticised as much as the other 3.

Chilwell was as awful as the rest of the defence yesterday. He isn't being singled out, he's being criticised as much as the other 3.

Well, I've just volunteered to skim read the previous 125 posts on this thread and say other than Chilwell's faux pas, there's virtually no specific comments on individual errors, to the extent that Jonny Evans' contribution gets more criticism than say Simpson's [lack of] effort for their first, a masterpiece of its kind combining sluggish reactions, ball watching and poor positioning.

The amount of times Wes Morgan pushes on and leaves mendy to cover at centre half is unbelievable. Morgan scored a great strong header and is good in a back to the walls game when he has no space to drift into. Unfortunately in the more open games he is a liability.
Personally I would like to see maguire played at the right side of the centre backs with Evans on the left.
For what it's worth chouduhry has probably been been benched keping him fresh for the more difficult games coming up.

Why the **** didn't Chilwell cut that ball out for their 4th

He should have done everything to cut that ****er out.

It was Ndidi who was the real culprit. playing a ridiculous long ball out to the right wing which was intercepted. I also blame Puel for not telling them to close up shop and secure the single point instead of trying to win the game away from home in the 94th minute.

My take on the four goals conceded.

1. Sloppy (as usual) from Gray in possession, losing the ball in his own half. Chilwell didn't do enough to try to stop the cross (I've noticed under Puel that we don't seem to bother with this), and then Simpson was outwitted by someone that wanted it more.

2. Another goal we've let in with our dire defending of set pieces. The non capable players do the running and the 'units' stand still. It's trendy but I will never be convinced that it is the right thing. Zonal marking meant that Maguire was left with two players and it just makes no sense to me. It keeps on costing us.

3. Morgan caught too far up the pitch and we were opened up with one long pass. Neves had far too long to decide what to do - you have to question why we play two defensive men in there if neither are anywhere near their main threat. Then it's a good touch and shot from the Wolves player although it goes straight through Schmeichel.

4. One of the most horrifically bad pieces of defending I've seen from us. We were just completely out of shape and totally open. Our full backs were pushed too high up the pitch and we were almost begging to be put out of our misery. Even so, Morgan was standing 10 yards too high up the pitch given the position of the rest of his team. Oh for the days when our defence took pride in their shape.

On the ones we scored, it was excellent play from Vardy and then Gray for the first. I think Barnes has been hard done by in not getting credited for the second, and the third was good delivery from Maddison and strong play from Morgan.

He was in position for the last goal - he just defended it terribly
He was getting back into position. he shouldn't have gone forward.
If he was in position, the cross may never have happened.
Evans, Morgan, Puel , Stowell ......somebody!!!! should have shouted at him to curtail his run forward.

He was getting back into position. he shouldn't have gone forward.
If he was in position, the cross may never have happened.
Evans, Morgan, Puel , Stowell ......somebody!!!! should have shouted at him to curtail his run forward.
Is that because we were going for the fourth goal ourselves though? I'm not sure I can blame anyone who was thinking that the possibility was there and then going for it to try to make it happen - sitting back and being happy with a draw strikes me as the boring approach Puel's detractors finger him for

Is that because we were going for the fourth goal ourselves though? I'm not sure I can blame anyone who was thinking that the possibility was there and then going for it to try to make it happen - sitting back and being happy with a draw strikes me as the boring approach Puel's detractors finger him for
We equalised in the 87th minute, not the 57th minute.
Caution needed to be had so late in the game.
Especially as we had nearly conceded just a few moments before we did.

Why?

Score a late winner, we gain an extra two points. Concede and we lose just one point. I'd always try to win a game in that position when we're mid-table, as it's a risk worth taking.
Nothing wrong with going for a winner, but still being cautious.
No need to be so gungho by both full backs.
In the context of the game, losing so late on after coming back so well, was deflating.
Taking a point from this game, would have been confidence boosting.

Im very much in the Puelis out camp. Who is fingering him though? Surely that's just our Puelis inners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757