Women's EURO 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

The Women's Euros in England starts today.

Anyone going to be watching?

I still haven't got that into Women's Football yet, but partly just because I don't think to watch it and have watched a lot less football generally this season.

I'm hoping to get into this tournament though.

I'll be watching it, and would think this should be the perfect way of getting into watching more regularly (how many of us fondly remember our first men's World Cup or Euros?)

This England team are very good technically, while the new coach Sarina Wiegman seems to have added some real steel. They're rightly amongst the teams talked about as having a serious chance of winning, but the really good thing I find about women's football is how quickly it's improving across the board

I find it difficult to watch as having no history and not knowing a single player plus the standard isn't very good. The USA International women's team being beaten 5-2 by a boys under 15s team hasn't helped. I'll give it a miss.

That was five years ago. And the US team doesn't play in the Euros...
It was a comment on the standard of Women's international football not the competition and 5 years ago isn't that long, I'd bet the result would be similar if played today.

It was a comment on the standard of Women's international football not the competition and 5 years ago isn't that long, I'd bet the result would be similar if played today.

It was an informal training game, not a proper match. If the women had taken it seriously I'm sure the result would have been different.

Why not watch tonight's match with an open mind, and then decide if it's any good?

5 years is quite a long time in Women's Football; it's changed a lot in that time.

There will be some heavy defeats for some of the the teams in this tournament I'm sure, as the standard is still varied, but I think the top teams should put on some really good games

I find it difficult to watch as having no history and not knowing a single player plus the standard isn't very good.
May I humbly suggest watching England tonight. That'll give you some history, you'll learn who at least eleven of the players are, and you'll be in a better position to comment on the standard.

I find it difficult to watch as having no history and not knowing a single player plus the standard isn't very good. The USA International women's team being beaten 5-2 by a boys under 15s team hasn't helped. I'll give it a miss.

The no history with the players is the part I've struggled with too in the past but see this tournament as the chance to change that. Tournament football means you get to know the squad quite quickly!

I've got tickets to the opening game at Old Trafford tonight, so I'm looking forward to seeing the first game with a packed crowd and hope it hooks me in for the tournament and beyond - I'm quite excited to have a fresh view of football as an alternative to the men's game!

I watched a lot of the Womans World Cup in 2015, it was held in Canada and all the games were shown live on television here. The quality was much better than the last time I'd watched a womans match and it has only got better since then.

I'm quite looking forward to this tournament.

I have nothing against Women's football and I'm sure there is a market for it, I have watched a few games over the last couple of seasons and couldn't get into it, if you watch a sport over years you get to know the players the club the history the rivals but to drop into something new there is none of that, I can't name a single player or more than a couple of teams let alone what division they play in.
I can for example watch Fulham play Southampton which by Premier league standards is a low end game but I would know the history the players and the standards of both teams
It would be like moving to somewhere like Tanzania and trying to follow there games.
I might tune in if I have the time.
Maybe the younger generation will watch and follow Women's football and over the years build upon it.

It’s total shite.

No one is forcing you to watch it. It's a bit sad to see a sea of men banging on about the poor quality on display when it's a chance to grow the sport as hosts and maybe make all of football a bit more inclusive.
I didn’t say anyone is, thankfully.

Meh, I think tennis and F1 are complete and utter shite, but plenty of people are watching it right now

Not quite sure why some people see the need to sneer and ridicule it, especially men. All a bit sad, really

It’s not for me - but having seen a lot of girl’s football at grassroots level I know it’s becoming an inspiring and brilliant thing

But yeah, it’s shit, ain’t it, and aren’t the goalies rubbish etc. etc,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758