Women's World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been against VAR until now. That was more entertaining than most of last season's prem games purely because of the VAR ****ery. Have it for throw ins etc.

More quality goalkeeping in that game.

This world cup is my first experience of watching women's football and I've been generally impressed with the quality. I think there is perhaps a lack of flair players, and goalkeepers aren't great, but I've enjoyed it.

Camaroon's behaviour was very disappointing and unprofessional, but shouldn't be considered a reflection on the professionalism shown in general.

Canada outclassed last night by a more talented, experienced and physical Sweden. Canada started ok, and had the majority of the possession but couldn't find a way through Sweden's organised defence. Canada were shape-shifting in an attempt to be creative but to no avail, and the usually inspirational Beckie (who plays for Man City) wasn't on form and became wayward - her poor pass leading to Sweden's goal. Their heads dropped and they became frantic. Individuals still performed (Buchanan, Scott, Lawrence) and the enthusiasm was there but the team slowly unravelled. But they are a young side (Sinclair aside) so they will hopefully learn from it.

Yes, but I predicted several weeks ago that you would make that exact comment
And I have it from informed sources that alex predicted months ago that you would come with that prediction.

If it is all so predictable, can someone tell me the eventual winners please?

I know, I know, the next remark is oh so predictable ;)

I have zero interest in this competition or any woman's sport but it's not for the reason you probably predict.

I hope that, in a generation, the idea of a women's world cup will be outdated. I don't believe in sports being separated by sex. Ability should be the only thing that matters.

If a woman is good enough, she should be able to play for a proper team, not a pale imitation. The best player the world has ever seen (Messi) is small and slightly built. There is no reason why women couldn't excel in 'proper' football.

As it stands, all women's sports are rightly treated as second rate. Because they are.

England’s defending has been shite at times and was just there, too. Won’t be able to get away with that against better teams.

Fantastic strike from Lucy Bronze for England’s third ... and of course they immediately cut away to Golden Balls in the Stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263