World Cup 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mon June 18: Sweden v South Korea (Group F), 1pm - ITV1 1 - 0

Mon June 18: Belgium v Panama (Group G), 4pm - BBC One currently 0 - 0

Dull day so far. Hopefully it gets better...

Mon June 18: Belgium v Panama (Group G), 4pm - BBC One 3 - 0

Better second half, but nothing to fear from Belgium on that performance.

England next....

I must admit i am enjoying this world cup more than previous ones, I think because there is less fuss and expectation of England this tournament. Just hoping for some good performances. Nice to have a couple of Leicester players in the squad too.

Mon June 18: Tunisia v England (Group G), 7pm - BBC One 1 - 2

Okay first half, poor second half.

Mon June 18: Tunisia v England (Group G), 7pm - BBC One 1 - 2

Okay first half, poor second half.
When you don't put the easy chances away it has a nasty habit of coming back and biting you in the arse.
We probably should have been 4 up before they had a sniff. Also what was VAR on the 2 Kane incidents?
We won our first game of a tournament for a while
Positives :)

Today was IMO the dullest day in terms of performances so far, but some closer matched games tomorrow.

Tues June 19: Colombia v Japan (Group H), 1pm - BBC One

Tues June 19: Poland v Senegal (Group H), 4pm - BBC One

Tues June 19: Russia v Egypt (Group A) - St Petersburg, 7pm - BBC One

I don't know which was worse, Nigeria's completely pedestrian performance, (reminiscent of Leicester last season) or the absolutely dreadful commentary that was provided on Fox Sports here in the US. According to the bloke they had on, Iheanacho still plays for Man. City. His sidekick was Coby Jones who is not great but is a vast improvement on Warren Barton who is doing some of the games, christ that bloke is a complete tosser. Don't ever complain about Gary Birtles, compared to Barton he is the most insightful interesting pundit around.

The entire exercise has been an atrocity. And I say that with some sympathy for how hard it is to put together live sports presentations.

Meanwhile we had Ally McCoist on BBC (I think) talking about an omelette during the Sweden game.

The entire exercise has been an atrocity. And I say that with some sympathy for how hard it is to put together live sports presentations.

Their coverage of the Womens World Cup a couple of years ago was far better than what they are serving up now. Also, the dress code they obviously have cracks me up, Americans still believe that they are laid back and the British are stuffed shirts, in many instances it is the complete opposite.

So far all the African teams have lost their games. Can Senegal, as the 5th to have a go, do any better against Poland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757