Worrying signs at Belvoir Drive 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

give_us_a_wave

Well there we go then.
With reference to my original Worrying signs at Belvoir Drive thread I hope that everyone who commented has read the Alistair Smith interview on the OS?
If they had 'Management Consultancy For Dummies' on the bookshelves all of that interview would be in it.The same old bollox I've seen a dozen times or more from these con artists over the years.
Psuedo psychological fecking claptrap of the most basic order.Nothing new,nothing worthy of attention.The very lowest level of the magician's bag of tricks trotted out for the hundredth time in his career to an organisation unfamiliar with it.
Ker-Ching!
Then off to the fecking Bahamas (or wherever,with a quick stop off at Bermuda to bank the cash in the tax-free account) then a quick nip back to be in the photo & soak up the reflected glory.

The sound you can hear is me resting my case.

Keep it to youself mate, I keep wandering into these kind of threads thinking theres something drastically wrong with the way MA is training our team or something equally horrific, in the end - to my relief - I find out the thread just wreeks of a personal vendetta.

I think give_us_a_wave has issues with Management Consultants being involved in Football. It may extend beyond that. :102:

Actually, the sound I can hear is me scratching my head wondering exactly what this thread & your post is all about.

Read the original thread.It isnt hard to find.
The fact is i know the kind of money these people charge & I'm not happy with my season ticket money being spent on a fecking witch doctor

The fact is i know the kind of money these people charge & I'm not happy with my season ticket money being spent on a fecking witch doctor

All that ticket does is let you watch Leicester City at home for certain games in a pre-allocated seat. Nothing else.

He's A Nutbag DJ Yoda

Last edited:
All that ticket does is let you watch Leicester City at home for certain games in a pre-allocated seat. Nothing else.

True.But the revenue generated from it goes towards the running of the club I've supported for 32 years & it boils my blood to see it being spent on things that only benefit the bank balance of a corporate charlatan.
We currently employ coaches,a sports scientist & a club physio.All of which I'm perfectly happy to see funded.
Thats where club revenue should go

Simple yes, most footballers are not graduates so it has to be basic. Almost certainly very effective with the target audience - the team!
As far as I can remember Allen met Smith at Warwick University as part of the team delivering modules for his FA Coaching Badges course. As Warwick enjoys a very high reputation for its Business and Management courses, I would be surprised if they employed the equivalent of somebody selling snake oil! If he is a con, he is one of the best. He has taken in the entire FA and most of the education establishment with his Accelerated Learning programmes! Read about him and his work before you dismiss him.
Simply because he describes what he does in simple terms does not mean it is simple enough for anyone to do it successfully, no more than Schumacher telling me how to drive a car would enable me to win a Grand Prix. You can read about him here: http://www.alite.co.uk/about_us/people/alistair_smith.htm

Aware of all of this.
I'm pretty sure that as we're all football fans here we are thouroughly aware of what a freethinking & overachieving organisation the FA is!
As for the education system in this country,well they are so desperate they'll listen to anything from anyone if they think an improvement might be had.
As far as warwick Uni is concerned I have no knowledge so can't comment.But when you enjoy a reputation like Mr.Smith's in the corporate world it isn't really that hard to get an academic post in a Business school.All looks great in the prospectus.
It's an incestuous relationship that exists between academia & business these days.Uni professors sit on company boards & corporate guru types design uni courses.It's a backslapping club basically.Mutual benefit.In the end it produces an orthodoxy that no-one questions.Kind of like religion really,question the core beliefs & you are either considred a heretic & burned at the stake or everyone just ignores you.

Aware of all of this.
I'm pretty sure that as we're all football fans here we are thouroughly aware of what a freethinking & overachieving organisation the FA is!
As for the education system in this country,well they are so desperate they'll listen to anything from anyone if they think an improvement might be had.
As far as warwick Uni is concerned I have no knowledge so can't comment.But when you enjoy a reputation like Mr.Smith's in the corporate world it isn't really that hard to get an academic post in a Business school.All looks great in the prospectus.
It's an incestuous relationship that exists between academia & business these days.Uni professors sit on company boards & corporate guru types design uni courses.It's a backslapping club basically.Mutual benefit.In the end it produces an orthodoxy that no-one questions.Kind of like religion really,question the core beliefs & you are either considred a heretic & burned at the stake or everyone just ignores you.

To summarise, the relationship between academia and business is similar to religion and they are all evil...Does DJ Yoda travel under other names?

Which people are you talking about? What witchdoctors?

Why do I have to go and read the original thread (whatever the f*ck that is) to try & grasp what you are ranting about?

Bloody hell! It's bad enough I have to put up with management consultants,now it's DJ Yoda!
Pretty apt though really as they both garble together a mish mash of ideas & then sell them on...maybe Mr.Smith IS DJ Yoda? If he isn't he certainly could be if he wanted.
Actually that makes me mad too...if I'd known when I was a kid that you could actually make a living from making compilation tapes I'd have carried on doing it.

Who in the name of God is feckin DJ Yoda?
Now I'm really f*ckin lost.

Which people are you talking about? What witchdoctors?

Why do I have to go and read the original thread (whatever the f*ck that is) to try & grasp what you are ranting about?

Eh?...because it's easier for you to go & read the original thread than it is for me to write it all out again! As for whatever the f*ck it is,well,if this thread is called Worrying Times At Belvoir Drive 2...then maybe you could take a wild punt at what the 1st one might be called & go find it? Not hard really.

A lot of bigger and more successful clubs than us employ sports psychologists and consultants. If they did not see improvements that represented value for money they would not do it.
I am not even sure if Alastair Smith is employed by LCFC or just personally by MA as his own personal manager.
As for cost he is almost certainly cheaper than any of the players to employ so he could represent the best value for money as a '12th man'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263