Worst Away Game You Ever Attended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles Away

For a wee bit of perspective...

What was the worst city away game you ever saw live?

I’ve got relatively few options given my proximity so I will go for this Post-Taylor classic:

2-2 draw with Bolton at the Reebok. Bolton were down to 9 men after about half an hour. We went down to 10.

Despite the two goals we were absolutely ****ing shit. W**** farting about in midfield like a complete twat for 90 minutes.

I’m sure there are worse...but that one sticks in the mind.

Oh yeah, 5-1 at Highbury was diabolical too

5-0 at Porto was pretty dreadful.

A couple of stinkers from recent years...
Southampton 3-0 Jan 2017 under Ranieri
Palace 5-0 April 2018 under Puel

Fairly sure I've been to ****ing Plymouth twice. See us get our bellies tickled and lose the manager afterwards. Portsmouth away under Sousa was particularly grim....same outcome there. Also took half a day to get home due to train delays and I stood all the way back. Had I been there on Saturday I think a narrow defeat at old Trafford would trump them.

Worst has to be stoke away. Not the Worley game. Don't even remember if we won or lost but I was definitely in stoke for a day.

Fairly sure I've been to ****ing Plymouth twice. See us get our bellies tickled and lose the manager afterwards. Portsmouth away under Sousa was particularly grim....same outcome there. Also took half a day to get home due to train delays and I stood all the way back. Had I been there on Saturday I think a narrow defeat at old Trafford would trump them.

Worst has to be stoke away. Not the Worley game. Don't even remember if we won or lost but I was definitely in stoke for a day.
Sousa actually managed to cling on until after the next game, the 4-3 at Norwich the following Tuesday where Fryatt got sent off. You just knew he was done after that.

Thee worst game to be at was forest when Clive Clarke died. 2007

I haven't been to many away games, but I remember a dire performance against Coventry the year we were relegated from the championship that sticks in my mind.

Thee worst game to be at was forest when Clive Clarke died. 2007

I haven't been to many away games, but I remember a dire performance against Coventry the year we were relegated from the championship that sticks in my mind.
Um… Clive Clarke is still alive. The Forest player who scored that night died recently though.

7-1 at Newcastle. 6 down at half time. Total humiliation.

Then to top it off, the gleeful geordies smashed our coaches windows in so we had to return to Leicester sitting in millions of pieces of glass, freezing cold.

Everton away, lost 3-1 I think. Horrible ground and just a shitter of a match.

I saw us lose 7-1 at Sheffield Wednesday, but in a weird way it was mildly entertaining, as the fans were in good voice and being good fun with it.

The worst game I’ve been to in terms of the football overall, was a midweek 0-0 away at Grimsby.

The most disappointing Leicester performance was probably a 2-0 defeat at Newcastle, which I think was in Little’s first season. We had started the season well and they were struggling. Lee Clark was only about 16 at the time and dominated the game for them. We were abject.

1-0 away at Pride Park under either Kelly or Levein. Jon Stead scored, the vile Billy Davies was their manager and Hammond (ankle) had a seemingly fine goal disallowed in the last minute. Miserable, shit place, shit players, shit game. Relegated the following season.

1-0 away at Pride Park under either Kelly or Levein. Jon Stead scored, the vile Billy Davies was their manager and Hammond (ankle) had a seemingly fine goal disallowed in the last minute. Miserable, shit place, shit players, shit game. Relegated the following season.
Rob Kelly. Steve Howard should have been sent off as well.

I saw us lose 7-1 at Sheffield Wednesday, but in a weird way it was mildly entertaining, as the fans were in good voice and being good fun with it.

The worst game I’ve been to in terms of the football overall, was a midweek 0-0 away at Grimsby.

The most disappointing Leicester performance was probably a 2-0 defeat at Newcastle, which I think was in Little’s first season. We had started the season well and they were struggling. Lee Clark was only about 16 at the time and dominated the game for them. We were abject.
David Oldfield scored a screamer, i was there too. i think it was a cup game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757