Worst case scenario alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

If Chelsea win the Champions league AND Arsenal win the Europa league, whilst Arsenal finish fifth or lower in the league, the team finishing fourth in the Premier League are kindly given a place in the Europa League instead of the Champions League.

You can bet your sorry asses that that will happen and we'll be the victims.

Correction. That's probably not quite right but there is a scenario where fourth place miss out on the Champions League, and that'll be us.

I think I was correct before my edit.....

If Chelsea win the Champions league AND Arsenal win the Europa league, whilst both teams finish fifth or lower in the league, the team finishing fourth in the Premier League are kindly given a place in the Europa League instead of the Champions League.

I think I was correct before my edit.....

If Chelsea win the Champions league AND Arsenal win the Europa league, whilst both teams finish fifth or lower in the league, the team finishing fourth in the Premier League are kindly given a place in the Europa League instead of the Champions League.
That is true.

So again we have to barrack for Man U. That's a lot of Man U barracking going on for us in the next few weeks.

Of course, Villareal can help, as can Roma and Man City.

But...

If Chelsea win UCL and Man Utd win Europa, does that mean 5th gets CL spot?

Or does England only get a 5th UCL spot if the team that wins it finishes outside top 4?

But...

If Chelsea win UCL and Man Utd win Europa, does that mean 5th gets CL spot?

Or does England only get a 5th UCL spot if the team that wins it finishes outside top 4?
England gets a 5th spot if a team wins either the UCL or the UEL and finishes outside the top 4. We also get a 5th spot if English teams win both of them and both finish outside the top 4, although in that case the 4th placed teams wouldn’t qualify for the UCL, as the maximum is 5 from one country.

There are no extra spots given if a team (or teams) wins either or both competitions and finish inside the top 4.

Great news!

At least now if we miss out it's only because we ****ed it up...

Worst case scenario averted. Phew!

**** me, people actually thought Arsenal could get to the final, nevermind actually win it.

****ing weirdos

Not me, nope. I had a hat to eat if they won, so I was pretty adamant. Tbh, I'm surprised they got as far as they did.

Not me, nope. I had a hat to eat if they won, so I was pretty adamant. Tbh, I'm surprised they got as far as they did.
You should be careful issuing such a challenge over there. You could have finished up having to eat a big house.

Ah, Paul Young, I get it now ;)
Ha! It might have been, but it wasn't. Do you want to try again?

That's got me wondering whether ppf was on my wavelength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757