WORST LCFC XI IN YOUR LIFE TIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bren

Come on then, using 4-4-2 who are the worst players you have seen down filbo in your time.

Gk - Martin Hodge

DL - Tony Spearing

CB - Micheal Trotter

CB - Jacob Laursen / Brian Carey

RB - Lee Marshall

LW - Lee Philpott

CM - Ricky Hill

CM - Marc North (dead now RIP)

RM - Franz Carr?

CF - Ade Akinbiyi

CF - Ian Ormandroyd (tried so hard, just hardly ever scored!!)

What do you lot think?

Im only young so bear with me!

Gk - Zelco Kalac (good keeper but shocking for us)

DL - Neil Lewis

CB - Brian Carey

CB - Jacob Laursen

RB - Larry Grayson

LW - Lee Pisspot

CM - Gary Coatsworth

CM - Junior Lewis

RM - Keith Gillespie (so far)

CF - Ade Akinbiyi (for the fact he cost 5mil)

CF - Bobby Davidson

My GK would have to be Spider Kalac... Hodge saved us from relegation to the 3rd division I could never put him in

Just a few others I'd change - can't think of the names of the other forgettables

RB - John Curtis

LW - Peter Weir

CF - Mark Robins and Panicbyee

I thought Marc North was a striker?

No he played in midfield for us, finished up playing for Cosby Utd when he was about 30 - 31, died of cancer when he was 40 something.

Peter Weir was quality, you also have David Puttnam he was pretty shite

Bren said:
No he played in midfield for us, finished up playing for Cosby Utd when he was about 30 - 31, died of cancer when he was 40 something.

Peter Weir was quality, you also have David Puttnam he was pretty shite

Maybe it was Puttnam I was thinking of - similar era I reckon - I just remember Weir was supposed to be a winger but hardly ever got out on the wing... spent a lot of time wandering around in midfield... maybe...

EMC Fox said:
My GK would have to be Spider Kalac... Hodge saved us from relegation to the 3rd division I could never put him in

Just a few others I'd change - can't think of the names of the other forgettables

RB - John Curtis

LW - Peter Weir

CF - Mark Robins and Panicbyee

I thought Marc North was a striker?

Weir was a great player, but couldn't settle in Leicester and went back to Scotland.

North's proper position was a striker, but he played in every other position for Leicester too, including goalkeeper.
I remember after one world cup (1990?) a lot of teams played with a sweeper, so master tactician Pleat decided to do that too, and started the following season with North playing in that position. Not for long though!
North also played on both wings, as an orthodox central defender, and as full back (left and right) in his time at Leicester.

He wasn't a bad striker, but his versatility meant he rarely played there because he was always covering for injuries in other positions. But despite that I don't think he was as bad in any of those positions as some of the other players mentioned in this thread.

Nicky Plautener (?spelling) now he was bad :lol:
Most recent Howey, I know some wo'nt agree, but for his supposed 'quality' I thought his positioning and reading of the game was awful and of course Curtis, no comment needed :wink:

From what i can remember i am sure Marc North was a centre midfielder, i knew him on a personal basis and always said that was his posistion. I can only remember him playing up front on a couple of occasions.

Anyone remember Billy Davies? What ever happened to him?

Bren said:
From what i can remember i am sure Marc North was a centre midfielder, i knew him on a personal basis and always said that was his posistion. I can only remember him playing up front on a couple of occasions.

From Of Fossils and Foxes:

Initially signed as a teenage goalkeeper by Daviud Pleatout at Luton, and later taken on as a striker at Blundell Park by Bobby Roberts, Marc rejoined both at Filbert St as a £100,000 deadline day signing, just a couple of months after hitting the goalscoring headlines in Grimsby's giant-killing cup run. Marc had, in fact, taken his transition from last liner to front man in stages, making his league bow as a defender while on loan at Lincoln, before briefly partnering Mike Newell at Kenilworth Road.
Marc again found opportunities in each position (twice, in fact, taking over as an emergency goalkeeper in mid-match) but became something of a victim of his own versatility afer a luckless introduction. His first Leicester start, against Crystal Palace, saw him open the scoring with a fine header, then exit with a broken shin; while throughout the following seasons he was unsettlingly experimented with as sweeper, full back, central defender, midfield and target man. Marc's final game was in the status saving nailbiter against Oxford, but he was then offloaded as Brian Little set about slashing the club's wage bill.

webmaster said:
Bren said:

Initially signed as a teenage goalkeeper by Daviud Pleatout at Luton, and later taken on as a striker at Blundell Park by Bobby Roberts, Marc rejoined both at Filbert St as a £100,000 deadline day signing, just a couple of months after hitting the goalscoring headlines in Grimsby's giant-killing cup run. Marc had, in fact, taken his transition from last liner to front man in stages, making his league bow as a defender while on loan at Lincoln, before briefly partnering Mike Newell at Kenilworth Road.
Marc again found opportunities in each position (twice, in fact, taking over as an emergency goalkeeper in mid-match) but became something of a victim of his own versatility afer a luckless introduction. His first Leicester start, against Crystal Palace, saw him open the scoring with a fine header, then exit with a broken shin; while throughout the following seasons he was unsettlingly experimented with as sweeper, full back, central defender, midfield and target man. Marc's final game was in the status saving nailbiter against Oxford, but he was then offloaded as Brian Little set about slashing the club's wage bill.

Can't argue with the boss, i stand corrected :D

webmaster said:
Bren said:

haha wot a conicidence ive just been reading that, cos i'd never erd of him. They try to make the worst sound bareable.

Kalac -better to have a subuteo keeper

John Curtis
Gary Coatsworth
Brian Carey
Geoff Scott

Keith Gillespie
Junior Lewis
Tom English -bought as a striker but also played 1 or 2 in midfield
Lammie Robertson - right footed but would be equally ineffective on left

Adi Akinbadbuy
Andy Graver - saw him miss literally on the goal line

Redditch Fox said:
Kalac -better to have a subuteo keeper

John Curtis
Gary Coatsworth
Brian Carey
Geoff Scott

Keith Gillespie
Junior Lewis
Tom English -bought as a striker but also played 1 or 2 in midfield
Lammie Robertson - right footed but would be equally ineffective on left

Adi Akinbadbuy
Andy Graver - saw him miss literally on the goal line

Legend for Graver - legend!

I reckon Tricky Trev should be in there somewhere. He is the first City player I have come across that can induce laugher from his own fans, this lad is a clown :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

manager..frank mclintock
gk..zelco kalak. or mike hooper
defenders from ..john curtis
micheal trotter
geoff scott
nicky plateneur
midfielders from ..marc north
junior lewis
paul ried
lee marshall
and up front.. tommy english and martin henderson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757