Wright Keen To Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leigh

Tommy Wright is hoping for another taste of the big time tomorrow when City square up to Sheffield United at the Walkers Stadium.
by Jon Dale

The 19-year-old striker was rewarded for his form in City's reserves, where he has netted three times in as many games so far this season, with a spot on the substitutes' bench at Rotherham.

It then got even better for the local lad when he replaced scorer Dion Dublin for the final 10 minutes of the encounter at Millmoor.

"My inclusion came as a bit of a shock although Peter Shirtliff (reserve-team boss) did have a word with me the other day and told me that he had recommended to Micky Adams that I should be considered for the first-team squad," said Wright who has now made 15 appearances for City - 13 as a substitute - since his debut against Leeds in March 2002.

"The manager also told me the other day how well I had been doing and said it wouldn't be long before I got a chance.

"But, while I was determined to make an impression this season, I knew it was going to be difficult with so many good strikers at the club. I couldn't take anything for granted."

But that chance came at the weekend and Wright, who spent last season on loan at Brentford, is now hoping he has done enough to warrant another opportunity against the Blades.

"I thought I did all right when I went on," he said. "I had a couple of decent touches and chased after all the balls that came my way.

"Hopefully I will be involved in some capacity again tomorrow night when we will be in front of our own fans.

"It is a massive game for us because we need to sort our home record out sooner rather than later.

"We owe the fans a win and a performance tomorrow."

link

Wish Micky went to reserve games himself, rather than having to rely on Shirtliff. To those who went on Saturday, what did you think? Think Tommy will make an appearance on Tuesday?

Fans were chanting his name from very early on.. Due mainly to the fact that Dublin was immobile and looked uninterested. Only got a short period of time on , put ran around and had a few touches. I would start him on Tuesday with Dublin on the bench.

Despite the fact that Dublin scored one of the best goals we've seen in ages :roll: :roll:

Tommy will be back on the bench, where he belongs for now. Hopefully he is now ahead of Blake in the pecking order. He only had ten mins on Saturday - didn't do anything wrong, but you can't expect much in that space of time

To suggest he should play ahead of Dublin (regardless of the fact he had a poor game) is just madness

homer said:
Despite the fact that Dublin scored one of the best goals we've seen in ages :roll: :roll:

Tommy will be back on the bench, where he belongs for now. Hopefully he is now ahead of Blake in the pecking order. He only had ten mins on Saturday - didn't do anything wrong, but you can't expect much in that space of time

To suggest he should play ahead of Dublin (regardless of the fact he had a poor game) is just madness

Totally agree, especially as Dion has bagged a goal. Confidence will be high and when Connelly scores, the goals will start flowing freely.

It was a night like tomorrow will be when TW last made a significat impact, i.e. Forest when we bacically secured our premotion spot!

BTW sorry for my typing, ive just got in and my hands are freezing, making it difficult to type!!

Fox Fan said:
It was a night like tomorrow will be when TW last made a significat impact, i.e. Forest when we bacically secured our premotion spot!

BTW sorry for my typing, ive just got in and my hands are freezing, making it difficult to type!!

Where have you been? Iceland? did you get that £5 offer thing. Awesome value - a bit like Wilcox.

Fox Fan said:

It's not your typing FF. It's the spelling. :shock:

Billy Boy said:
Fox Fan said:

Sorry about that, we can't all be perfect :cry: Although I did get an A* in English - belive it or not!

Fox Fan said:
Billy Boy said:
Fox Fan said:

Sorry about that, we can't all be perfect :cry: Although I did get an A* in English - believe it or not!

Well done. :wink:

Hope Tommy is not too keen to please otherwise Scowy might start getting jealous :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566