YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS - Bryan Hughes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

Foxes in the hunt for Hughes

Bryan Hughes has been linked with a possible move to Leicester City.

Foxes boss Micky Adams is looking for a new goalscoring midfielder to replace Muzzy Izzet, who left Leicester last week after eight years at the club to join Birmingham.

Hughes fits the bill as a potential replacement at The Walkers Stadium for Izzet - and he is available as a free agent.

Hughes, who will be 28 later this month, comes to the end of Birmingham contract on 30 June.

He was offered a new three-year deal by Steve Bruce last month and was widely expected to put pen to paper on the deal.

But the former Wrexham ace, who joined Birmingham back in 1997 for £750,000 from the Welsh club, snubbed the new deal and Bruce promptly withdrew the offer.

Hughes has hinted that he would prefer to stay in the Premiership when he does move to a new club and he has also emerged as a possible new target for both Everton and Norwich.

But he has also admitted that he would consider dropping back down into the First Division if the deal was right - giving Adams encouragement in his pursuit.

:D

Our attack would actually look as good, if not better than last season if we get those three :D But do we want him if he's been "disloyal" to birmingham or is that different to the Dickov situation? EH? :roll: :twisted: :wink:

Hope Everton don't go in for him because I know from my merseyside days he is a massive Everton fan.He would be a brilliant signing for us but that Everton connection makes me wary.

Craig said:
Our attack would actually look as good, if not better than last season if we get those three :D But do we want him if he's been "disloyal" to birmingham or is that different to the Dickov situation? EH? :roll: :twisted: :wink:

Yes, of course we want him! It's worth a gamble because lets face it, as recent surveys have shown, 64% of players are disloyal. FACT

Craig said:
It's because Brum mess him about and hardly play him.

Ricey said:
Would be a great signing but there is nothing in that article to suggest we want him, they have just heard he could drop down to the First Division and it is known Micky wanted him before so they have just but 2 and 2 together.

He is one of the players Adams and Bassett have spoken to.

LS6_Fox, see "So then..." in general chat.

LS6_Fox said:
Malf said:
He is one of the players Adams and Bassett have spoken to.

Is that true Malf? Or do you mean they've both said hello to him at some point? :wink:
They've spoke to him in the past regarding signing for us, I heard we'd spoken to his agent recently and he said he might be interested.

Craig said:

oh come on Craig!!

stop comparing EVERY player's situation to Dickov's!!!

Hughes was offered a new deal by Brum ages ago which he rejected and the offer was withdrawn by Bruce....added to that ,hughes hasn't disgraced himself or the Club with behaviour unbefitting someone who is a representative of said Club.....unlike Dickov.

Good news then but to shake off the intrest of other premier clubs is going to be a big battle.

He was prepared to come on loan to us last time in Division 1 until the Football League blocked the deal. I know circumstances have changed, but he might just fancy the move.

Bryan Hughes is a quality player, always performed when ive seen him, great on the ball and scores a few, i would be made up if he signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757