Confirmed Transfer Youri Tielemans on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Beeb ...

Youri Tielemans is a very interesting one and Monaco has been strange club for a few years - brilliant then awful

He had injuries during his time there but it could turn out to be an intelligent deal [for Leicester].

He was actually voted one of the worst players in the league last season though, but he is only 21.

How do you actually pronounce his name?

I've always assumed that it's T-Ell-Uh-Mens, but now he's playing for us I figure I should get it right.

I have always thought it’s “tee-la-mons”, but no idea if thats correct.

I’ll be calling him “boooooo” going forward anyway.

Never really seen him play but sounds an exciting prospect.

Debut from the bench at half time Vs Man Utd at the weekend?

Worked out pretty well for the last midfielder that did that for us.

How do you actually pronounce his name?

I've always assumed that it's T-Ell-Uh-Mens, but now he's playing for us I figure I should get it right.

It's going to really depend as to whether he's a Flemish or French speaker - even though his surname obviously has Flemish origins, that won't always be the way it is pronounced.

The recent transfer activity has clearly impacted on people’s confidence in our dealings. Surely this can only be seen as a good move, very low risk but potentially seeing a future star with us for a few weeks. At any other time this would have been a great coup and I’ve seen plenty of other team’s supporters bemoaning they weren’t in for him

If West Ham snapped him up on loan, we’d have probably been asking why we hadn’t even tried to get him.

On the short term thing, I think Rob Tanner said on the moan-in that we had been tracking him for a while, although it does rather seem that we and other teams have been “offered” him

@BBCRLSport

Puel says Tielemans trained for the first time this season, but “will see” tomorrow if he can play on Sunday against Manchester United.

I hope the first part of this was lost in translation or it could be a while before we see him play.

Has he not featured in most of Monaco's games so far this season? Fail to see why match fitness should be an issue....

Last scored in 1-1 draw v marseille on 13/1.
Monaco team is SHOCKING now versus 1ths ago. No Mendy, Fabinho, Mbappe or Amy of the players that made them awesome. I think Tielemans is still quality. But imagine if wed sold schmeichel, kante, Drinkwater vardy and mahrez immediately after the prem win. Wed have been relegated.

Bernardo Silva, Thomas Lemar, Timo Bakayoko, Kondogbia, Lurvin Kazawa.
All sold in last 2 yrs

Like I said ... something got lost in translation.

@BBCRLSport

Puel says Tielemans trained for the first time this season, but “will see” tomorrow if he can play on Sunday against Manchester United.

I hope the first part of this was lost in translation or it could be a while before we see him play.
He didn't say that. He said Tielemans trained for the first time THIS MORNING. Please be more accurate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757