Confirmed Transfer Youri Tielemans on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City Football Club have agreed terms with AS Monaco for the loan of midfielder Youri Tielemans until the end of the 2018/19 season, subject to Premier League and international clearance.

Tielemans arrives at Leicester City after an impressive 18 months with AS Monaco, where he featured 65 times in all competitions, scoring six goals – five of those coming this term.

The talented Belgium international, who represented his country at the 2018 World Cup in Russia, is a product of Anderlecht’s Youth Academy and is considered one of the most exciting prospects in European football.

Speaking to LCFC TV, Tielemans said: “I’m really excited to get going. The Premier League is one of the best leagues in the world and when I was young, I always watched Premier League games. I’m really happy to be here and I’m excited to get started.

“It’s a big family. Everybody is really kind and really good with me. I think it will be really good here.”

Born in Sint-Pieters-Leeuw in Belgium, Tielemans started his career with Anderlecht, signing his first professional contract in July 2013, aged just 16. He went on to make his Champions League debut three months later, becoming the youngest Belgian player to ever feature in the competition.

Tielemans made 185 appearances for Anderlecht in all competitions over four seasons, scoring 35 goals, and helped the side to two Belgian Pro League titles. In his first two seasons, he was voted Belgian Young Professional Footballer of the Year and in 2016/17, Belgian Professional Footballer of the Year.

After moving to AS Monaco in the summer of 2017, he made his debut for the club against Paris Saint-Germain and went on to appear 35 times for the side in his first season.

His performances in the French top tier have continued to catch the eye this term, having found the net five times in just 20 Ligue 1 appearances from midfield.

At international level, the exciting youngster made his debut for the Belgium national team in November 2016 and has gone on to feature for them 19 times. He was also part of the Belgium squad that placed third at the 2018 FIFA World Cup – starting in both victories against England in Russia.

Looks like this lad lost his way at a shit Monaco side. Every time I've seen him play he is better than Wilf, Mendy, Choudhury so I'm all for it.
I hope he makes us sorry we don't have first dibs by getting us seventh....

Well my take on it (if there is no option):-

• If he does well the price goes up;
  • If he does well he might simply go some place else or back to his parent club. We are his shop window;
  • If he doesn’t stay we are not building for next year. If we are a team in transition we should be trying to play the midfield we intend to use going forward this season whilst we are safe. That means Maddison, N’didi, and Barnes.

Imagine if some of our previous signings had been loans. No Nachos, no Silva, no Iborra, no Salami.....shitloads of money to spend on actual good players.

Imagine if some of our previous signings had been loans. No Nachos, no Silva, no Iborra, no Salami.....shitloads of money to spend on actual good players.
You could just as easily say how we would have lost out on signing (and selling at substantial profit) our best players.

Perhaps just do a better job scouting?

• If he does well he might simply go some place else or back to his parent club. We are his shop window;
  • If he doesn’t stay we are not building for next year. If we are a team in transition we should be trying to play the midfield we intend to use going forward this season whilst we are safe. That means Maddison, N’didi, and Barnes.
Maybe he’ll enjoy his time in sunny Leicestershire and want to stay?
Maybe Silva will do well for Monaco and we’ll be able to cash in him in exchange?

Who knows what will happen, really? I’d rather worry about the summer when we get there and hope that our new Belgian friend improves us in the short term. If he does well, we’re likely to do well and that still benefits us going forward.

If he does well, we do well.

If he doesn't do well, we don't play him.

I suspect the real reason he's here is because Monaco would only take Silva if we did a swap.

You could just as easily say how we would have lost out on signing (and selling at substantial profit) our best players.

Perhaps just do a better job scouting?

You could. I'm just not against us seeing if he's good enough before spending a shitloads on him.

Welcome aboard!

Assuming that this is it for the transfer window, it's been a pretty good one - Iborra, Diabate, King, Benalouane and Silva all count as deadwood in my book so to get them off the books even if not permenently is good work. To get in a talent like this instead is real squad improvement

Playing with good players is a great way for players to learn and develop. If he is as good as the hype he could help the likes of Gray, Madison, and N'didi to raise their game. Also some serious competition for places may help them to focus.

Hopefully both him and Silva do well, that way we can use Silva as a pawn to sign Tielemans permanently.

Not sure how anyone can’t see this as a positive. If he can make a big difference and make me look forward to going to games, that’s a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757