Post Match Zorya Luhansk 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a striker. When Vardy doesn’t play we have no back up. Nacho will never be a prolific goal scorer, neither will Perez. We have to sort this in January.

Yep, it was noticable last night that without Vardy we haven't got a clue in front of goal. Lots of lovely, clever passing stuff around the box (looking to walk it in no doubt) but nobody prepared to take on the responsibility for actually having a pop (Under aside) Barnes couldn't hit his own door, Justin had a couple of lacking-conviction goes, Nacho can't do it intentionally....

Cripes, I almost wished for Slim on the bench last night because, well, how much worse could he possibly be?

No, we need someone that can shoulder the responsibility and has the self belief and confidence to have a go. Up until Giroud got 4 just a couple of days back, I thought maybe we'd be able to do something there... I saw that as a stopgap possibility. I reckon we do need someone that calls themselves a striker.

Yep, it was noticable last night that without Vardy we haven't got a clue in front of goal. Lots of lovely, clever passing stuff around the box (looking to walk it in no doubt) but nobody prepared to take on the responsibility for actually having a pop (Under aside) Barnes couldn't hit his own door, Justin had a couple of lacking-conviction goes, Nacho can't do it intentionally....

Cripes, I almost wished for Slim on the bench last night because, well, how much worse could he possibly be?

No, we need someone that can shoulder the responsibility and has the self belief and confidence to have a go. Up until Giroud got 4 just a couple of days back, I thought maybe we'd be able to do something there... I saw that as a stopgap possibility. I reckon we do need someone that calls themselves a striker.
Perhaps give Perez a go he did well at the Toon as a number 9 Leicester playing him as a wide attacking midfielder isn't his best position.
We are woefully short of strikers once Vardy isn't playing.

Maybe we would have been better off keeping Dewsbury-Hall and sending Choudhury out on loan.
A friend was one of limited number of fans allowed to the Luton vs Norwich match this week and he was really impressed by KDH. Good hear he he is doing well.

A face like thunder. What on earth was Rodgers thinking about?

2705.jpg

(from The Guardian match report)

I'm pretty sure the medical team would have cleared him to play and BR hasn't gone above them and played him at risk.

Cags would have been doing sprints in training and being pushed as much as possible to test his match fitness but as Savage said, you can do all the training but it is impossible to replicate a match situation.

BR clearly has his flaws but this just seems an unnecessary stick to beat him with imo.

BR clearly has his flaws but this just seems an unnecessary stick to beat him with imo.
I don't know who you think was beating Rodgers nor what you think the stiick was but I can quite honestly say I was only having a chuckle at the face. I've obviously have no idea what Rodgers was thinking at that moment and would certainly not make any assumptions. I wouldn't even suggest it was anything to do with Soyuncu, it might be an unfortunate camera angle that leads people to think that. Who knows, maybe he does want a poo! It just made me smile!

We need a striker. When Vardy doesn’t play we have no back up. Nacho will never be a prolific goal scorer, neither will Perez. We have to sort this in January.

I can't see it, where is it?

Did you miss the boat?
We are missing the boat. With the latest lockdown looming, we decided to come home for a while. Now with both ourselves (in Kent) and the boat (in the West Midlands) in Tier 3, goodness knows when we'll get back on board.

Last edited:
You've forgotten where you left it again, haven't you.
Thankfully not. We'll be back there like a shot as soon as we get the chance.

Lately we've been doing a great job of socially distancing whichever unfortunate ****er has been picked to play upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363