102 Minutes That Changed America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingy_85

Watched this last night on channel 4 ...

Absolutely brilliant. Theres been allot of cheesy documentarys made on this but this was by far the best i have seen.

No tear jerking music or voice overs... just plain and simple video footage, edited together to show the days events from start to finish.

It compiles 9 people's footage from 10 locations around the trade centre on the day of the attack.

Absolutely heart churning stuff.

Stand out moments-

• Blood splattered walls surrounding the towers
  • Firemen marching into the towers
  • "im 69, but thank god i can still run" - the dust covered man
  • The camera man actually entering tower 2 after the first tower had fallen
  • "Daddy there was an explosion and now the world trade centre is gone?" - 5 year old girl
  • People marching over the brooklyn bridge in their thousands to escape the dust

The editor Seth Skundrik deserves an award. Brilliant stuff.

One thing that stood out for me was that there were no signs of anyone who had been caught up in the collapse, other than the blood splattered walls you mention.

Only 300 bodies accounted for out of near 3000 so no real surprise there.

It could all be a conspiracy of course

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Biff.........

...No tear jerking music or voice overs... just plain and simple video footage, edited together to show the days events from start to finish.

It compiles 9 people's footage from 10 locations around the trade centre on the day of the attack.

The style is called Cinema-vérité, I do believe.

Quality.

Yeah i thought about the bodies as well , i expected to see some at one point.

I watched another program on Sept 11th (crap in comparison to this one) where a police office said that he would tell family members of the deceased that there was no chance of finding any bodies as it would have been like being in a giant blender with steel and concrete. This, apparently, was to help them "understand".

Personally id have been offended.

It could all be a conspiracy of course

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Biff.........

Thanks for the intro :icon_wink

I have just finished watching this, and the personal footage was very powerful and like Kingy said heart wrenching.

I worked in the World Trade Center buildings, in the 90's, and watching this new footage brought a few things home.

They even closed a Blarney Stone pub (Chain of Irish bars), says it all really.

I worked in the World Trade Center buildings, in the 90's, and watching this new footage brought a few things home.

They even closed a Blarney Stone pub (Chain of Irish bars), says it all really.

Not sure what point you're trying to make Biff. When you say "says it all really", It's not really saying much to me, can you make it speak up a bit?

Are you saying that some Irish hating Jews did it, so that they could corner the market in inflatable shamrocks and novelty shillelaghs?
Is this that 'No Guinness theory' that I've read about on the internwebs?
ggggrrrrrrrr, I hate them Irish hating Jews.

Not sure what point you're trying to make Biff. When you say "says it all really", It's not really saying much to me, can you make it speak up a bit?

Are you saying that some Irish hating Jews did it, so that they could corner the market in inflatable shamrocks and novelty shillelaghs?
Is this that 'No Guinness theory' that I've read about on the internwebs?
ggggrrrrrrrr, I hate them Irish hating Jews.

I think your getting the wrong idea.

Blarney Stone bars never close, so things must have been bad that day, for one to close. Thats all, no conspiracy, no irish hating jews.

Hope that surfices.

Michael Moore says George W Bush did it, so it must be true.

He also said - repeatedly, in the same book, with no evidence to back it up - that Bill Clinton had 47 people killed during his time in office. So this must also be true. Definitely.

I mean, he just asserted it. No proof, no names, no motives, nothing. Just him saying it was meant to be enough for us to believe it.

It's on tonight here in NL so i will be watching it only problem it starts at the same time as England and Holland Play

Biff it won't here because of IP problems, the same reason BBC Iplayer doesn't work, is there a software where i can change my IP to my brothers PC in England

No. Your IP is assigned to you by your ISP, it isn't something you can reset yourself.

You could try accessing it through a proxy server, but it's unlikely to help unless you can watch the content in a browser window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669