12th signing with MA and MM at 1pm today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm At the expense of losing a considerable wedge of my vCash I'm gonna plump for it being Fowler. Dj has been making a few hints he wants to play down here in London or close by, and Fowler knocks Sydney back on the same day we call a PC. You gotta imagine this is Robbie on the way surely non?

Fowler Fowler Fowler! yesssssssss

Am I the only one that thinks Fowler would be a waste of time and money??

If he signs for us, then of course he is.

If he signs for someone else he will be another vital cog in the machine that has slipped through our fingers

Do keep up. :icon_bigg

I'm willing to wait and see how he performs (just like any other player) before I start going off on one about it. I'd have preferred someone like DJ Campbell or Todorov but if he does the business for us then I'll be delighted.

I think he's gonna have a little too much quality to just fade into the background in the champ. Like Cottee! Couldn't beat a granny to the shops but still had the footballing pedigree to slot a few home.

What about Lisbie, Morfaw ... would they call a PC for this type of signing ??

if thats the case theres going to be a lot of disappointment from some on here

its dj check the mercury article

Three other transfer listed players - Alan Maybury, Darren Kenton and Elvis Hammond - will also be on view at Field Mill.

But of the 12 new signings, the latest being Birmingham striker DJ Campbell, only goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen plays.

its dj check the mercury article

Three other transfer listed players - Alan Maybury, Darren Kenton and Elvis Hammond - will also be on view at Field Mill.

But of the 12 new signings, the latest being Birmingham striker DJ Campbell, only goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen plays.

Leicester City appear to have won the race for Birmingham City striker DJ Campbell, who is set to seal a £2.1million move today.

Championship rivals Charlton, Cardiff and Watford, where he was understood to have had talks earlier this week, had all expressed an interest.

But the 25-year-old chose to be re-united with his former Brentford boss Martin Allen at the Walkers Stadium.

Campbell will become the third Blues player from last season's promoted side to sign in the summer, following defender Bruno N'Gotty and midfielder Stephen Clemence, if his medical checks, held last night, and contract talks are successfully completed to take City's signings to the round dozen.

City have also snapped up Radostin Kishishev, Sergio Hellings, Carl Cort, Jimmy Nielsen, James Chambers, Shaun Newton, Hossein Kaebi, Ricky Sappleton and Jon Hayes.
One surprise move at City is the departure of Don McKay.

The recently-appointed sports director, along with chief scout Lil Fuccillo, have seen their roles made redundant in what City describe as “restructuring” of the set-up, although the club would make no further comment.

But it is Campbell's signing that is of most importance to Allen, and he knows his new charge well having taken him from non-league football to the Bees.

Campbell's scoring record for the Blues last season was 13 goals in 20 starts, and the hope is that he could become that much desired and rare commodity, the 20-goals-a-season man.

That would make him an instant hit with the fans, who seem already excited at the new-look squad, and they might see Campbell in action, if not tonight at Mansfield then against Notts County at the Walkers tomorrow, if the deal goes through.

Campbell's arrival would underline chairman Milan Mandaric's pledge to increase the firepower of the squad, and City are also competing with Cardiff for Robbie Fowler's interest.

It would also increase competition up front with Iain Hume, Matty Fryatt, Cort, Sappleton and rejuvenated transfer-listed pair Mark De Vries and Elvis Hammond, all jostling to make an impact.

Fryatt had been attracting interest from several clubs, including Wolves, and Campbell's arrival could lead to more speculation as City might want to off-set some of their expenditure.

According to the mockery its DJ:

City agree £2.1million fee for striker DJ
by Bill Anderson

Leicester City appear to have won the race for Birmingham City striker DJ Campbell, who is set to seal a £2.1million move today.

Championship rivals Charlton, Cardiff and Watford, where he was understood to have had talks earlier this week, had all expressed an interest.

But the 25-year-old chose to be re-united with his former Brentford boss Martin Allen at the Walkers Stadium.

Campbell will become the third Blues player from last season's promoted side to sign in the summer, following defender Bruno N'Gotty and midfielder Stephen Clemence, if his medical checks, held last night, and contract talks are successfully completed to take City's signings to the round dozen.

City have also snapped up Radostin Kishishev, Sergio Hellings, Carl Cort, Jimmy Nielsen, James Chambers, Shaun Newton, Hossein Kaebi, Ricky Sappleton and Jon Hayes.
One surprise move at City is the departure of Don McKay.

The recently-appointed sports director, along with chief scout Lil Fuccillo, have seen their roles made redundant in what City describe as “restructuring” of the set-up, although the club would make no further comment.

But it is Campbell's signing that is of most importance to Allen, and he knows his new charge well having taken him from non-league football to the Bees.

Campbell's scoring record for the Blues last season was 13 goals in 20 starts, and the hope is that he could become that much desired and rare commodity, the 20-goals-a-season man.

That would make him an instant hit with the fans, who seem already excited at the new-look squad, and they might see Campbell in action, if not tonight at Mansfield then against Notts County at the Walkers tomorrow, if the deal goes through.

Campbell's arrival would underline chairman Milan Mandaric's pledge to increase the firepower of the squad, and City are also competing with Cardiff for Robbie Fowler's interest.

It would also increase competition up front with Iain Hume, Matty Fryatt, Cort, Sappleton and rejuvenated transfer-listed pair Mark De Vries and Elvis Hammond, all jostling to make an impact.

Fryatt had been attracting interest from several clubs, including Wolves, and Campbell's arrival could lead to more speculation as City might want to off-set some of their expenditure.

Beat me to it!

Happier with this than Fowler, but wouldnt mind him aswell, especially if Fyatt is going!

Last edited:
£2.1 mill is a ****ing joke.

I was pleased about this signing and fairly excited, but not at that price FFS.

Let's hope he gets us promoted to justify the tag.

Looks like we will be selling a player or two then, first guesses are Kisnorbo and Stearman.

I'd rather we kept Stearman and let Kisnorbo go though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669