1st half goals

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have always been a one half team.

Although I actually think the lad has a point with this one. It's funny how NP always has to alter his team fairly early in the game to get any kind of performance out of them. Hints ever so slightly that NP's team selections are pretty poor, and there is a lot of finding places for players who do not always perform.

Been a stand out problem for me this term.

We have always been a one half team.

Although I actually think the lad has a point with this one. It's funny how NP always has to alter his team fairly early in the game to get any kind of performance out of them. Hints ever so slightly that NP's team selections are pretty poor, and there is a lot of finding places for players who do not always perform.

Been a stand out problem for me this term.

It also hints that he knows when things aren't going our way and has the tactical astuteness to know how to change it.

I never said otherw*s*.

Fair enough, just thought it was a bit negative, personally I don't care if he gets his starting XI or team selection wrong if he sees he has and his changes correct his mistakes.

Fair enough, just thought it was a bit negative, personally I don't care if he gets his starting XI or team selection wrong if he sees he has and his changes correct his mistakes.

That's all well and good in a game where we are not losing 2-0 at half time. It has already cost us points this seasons imo.

I was continually baffled by MON's team selections and substitutions. But even though I didn't understand them, I soon shut up complaining about them when it became obvious he knew what he was doing (and conversely, that I didn't know what I was talking about).

I think this thread has merit, that we aren't scoring in the first half at all is a bit troubling and definitely could be indicative of a larger problem.

You can bet your little cotton booties that Pearson has spotted this and is looking to rectify it.

I think this thread has merit, that we aren't scoring in the first half at all is a bit troubling and definitely could be indicative of a larger problem.

You can bet your little cotton booties that Pearson has spotted this and is looking to rectify it.

Of course, the balance was redressed a little on Monday. Isn't it also true to say that more goals are scored in general in the second half, so it is always likely to be unbalanced.

Of course, the balance was redressed a little on Monday. Isn't it also true to say that more goals are scored in general in the second half, so it is always likely to be unbalanced.

Good point, may be indicative of football in general and not citeh in particular.

Good point, may be indicative of football in general and not citeh in particular.

City will always choose to kick towards the Family End if they win the toss. Many of their opponents, on winning the toss, choose to kick towards their fans in the second half.

Therefore in >75% of games we kick towards the Kop in the second half. We score more goals at the Kop End. Perhaps the reason for the imbalance is simpler than we imagine.

Remember last season Stringer spoke to NP about our timing of scoring.
We'd just won a game by scoring 2 goals in the last 10 minutes or so, Stringer said "left it a bit late to score didn't we?"
NP replied, "last week we scored 2 early goals (Brighton game) and lost 3 - 2. When do you want us to score? "(or words to that effect).

In short, who gives a **** when we score, if we win???

To quote the great Bartholomew Jojo Simpson, "I didn't think it was physically possible, but this thread both sucks and blows".

So, if we keep them out for the 1st half, the game's ours for the taking?:icon_bigg

Don't know about that - but if we equalise before the other team score, we will never lose.

Remember last season Stringer spoke to NP about our timing of scoring.
We'd just won a game by scoring 2 goals in the last 10 minutes or so, Stringer said "left it a bit late to score didn't we?"
NP replied, "last week we scored 2 early goals (Brighton game) and lost 3 - 2. When do you want us to score? "(or words to that effect).

In short, who gives a **** when we score, if we win???

It is a simple game. We just have to score more than they do before the full time whistle blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669