2 annoying things from today

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

1. Gareth Williams Corners-they were awful, he kept trying to float them in all the time and it didn't work whatsoever-please can someone else take them unless he decides to whip them in

2. Alan Maybury at left back- the guy is not a left back, so why play him there? He can't use his left foot which puts the defence under needless pressure, and by playing him there he is half the player he is.

Apart from that and the first 65 minutes.....we looked alrite:icon_lol:

drummindefender said:
1. Gareth Williams Corners-they were awful, he kept trying to float them in all the time and it didn't work whatsoever-please can someone else take them unless he decides to whip them in

2. Alan Maybury at left back- the guy is not a left back, so why play him there? He can't use his left foot which puts the defence under needless pressure, and by playing him there he is half the player he is.

Totally and utterly agree with both of these things.

Also,

3. Im glad they make the frame of the goal an inch wider than normal in Hull as we would have been 4 - 0 down in the first half an hour.;)

drummindefender said:

I would imagine that the management and coaches have instructed Williams to take corners in this manner, therefore I find the direct criticism aimed directly at the player as a little unfair.

I do agree with you regarding Maybury, he is nowhere near as effective at left back, but I would imagine it is so Stearman can be played, as his performances have been head and shoulders above Gilbert.

fcukcov said:
Totally and utterly agree with both of these things.

Also,

3. Im glad they make the frame of the goal an inch wider than normal in Hull as we would have been 4 - 0 down in the first half an hour.;)
that best thing about today was chanting easy at those sad hull fans who did after every chance they did-soon shut up after we scored:038:

drummindefender said:
that best thing about today was chanting easy at those sad hull fans who did after every chance they did-soon shut up after we scored:038:
I know. Its one chant thats getting old already. easy, easy, easy, easy, easy:038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: .

Its doin me ead in now.

drummindefender said:
it's bein overused by idiots like them-should be reserved only from 3-0 up+

As Socceram managed to get bouncebackability in to the dictionary, maybe they could get it past as law!;)

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I would imagine that the management and coaches have instructed Williams to take corners in this manner, therefore I find the direct criticism aimed directly at the player as a little unfair.

I do agree with you regarding Maybury, he is nowhere near as effective at left back, but I would imagine it is so Stearman can be played, as his performances have been head and shoulders above Gilbert.

Perhaps Johannson could play Left Back when Gerrbrand is back to fitness ? Just an idea....

highland fox said:
Perhaps Johannson could play Left Back when Gerrbrand is back to fitness ? Just an idea....

I know this doesnt always matter but..........has he played there before?

Talk about over use!!! They hit the bar - easy, easy easy - god it's boring. Like has been said, should be at least saved for a goal or ideally a comfortable victory.

Agree on the corners too - you can't blame Williams though, he must be under instruction. For what it's worth I think it's a good corner but as part of a variety of corners, the same set play every time is ridiculous!!!

DurhamFox said:
Talk about over use!!! They hit the bar - easy, easy easy - god it's boring. Like has been said, should be at least saved for a goal or ideally a comfortable victory.

Agree on the corners too - you can't blame Williams though, he must be under instruction. For what it's worth I think it's a good corner but as part of a variety of corners, the same set play every time is ridiculous!!!

Yeh teams are getting used to it now. which is part of the problem. We need to mix it up a bit and hopefully when they play the video back before training tomorrow then they will realise this and will try a few out in the two week break.

u r right highland but he moaned about it and says he wants to play cb. Plus i can't really see him being a decent left back-looks like gilbert is the best option when he is fit.

highland fox said:
Played there for Blackburn I believe.

cool. didnt realise that. Maybe it could work if this Gilbert guy doesnt work out.

Maybury at left back is the right decision in my opinion, he is better then gilbert's current form. Stearman wont be playing if maybury is in his proper position.

Tiatto could still play at LB if we're struggling for 1 though IMO. don't like him on left wing anyway.

beaumontfox said:
havent seen enough of Gilbert to make that assumption meself.

in fact... with Tiatto playing in front of him(or not as the case was) he frequently had to deal with two players a lot of the time.

How many times does their RB get forward when Tiatto is on the left. :rolleyes:

Tiatto was very good as a holding midfielder when we played against Inter Milan. Probably the MOTM in that game! Perhaps he should replace Joey in that role, and someone else could play out on the left.

I don't know! But something isn't working. You can have all the team spirit in the world, but if you don't score goals to win games you don't go anywhere! (well, you could sink to the bottom:icon_eek: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669