20/20 Nottinghamshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazzman

Today sees the start of the 20/20 season, for the first time I am going to miss a 20/20 match at Grace Road. Why? The county's dismal form has not excited me and I be honest footie's on aswell. The time of 5.30 begins around more in grief, if only they made it 6.00 or 6.30. I will probably go a couple matches next week and then Trent Bridge but thats it.

Anyone going?!?

I expect us to lose tonight, Notts ever since their woeful 20/20 performance last year have kicked into the groove.

Hazzman said:
I expect us to lose tonight, Notts ever since their woeful 20/20 performance last year have kicked into the groove.

good recovery with the bat to get 137, it doesn't sound like many but I think it's par for the course at Grace Rd. notts 27-3 off 6

Hazzman said:

Oh ye of little faith Hazzman! Never doubt the Foxes in the 20/20 :038:

What a come back from us tonight. Thought it was all over at the half way stage, but Broad and Griffith bowled brilliantly up front and the other guys chipped in as well. Great piece of fielding by Snapey to run out Ealham and he definitely deserved his MOTM award for his batting. Highest score for him this season??? He's definitely a 2020 man.

Wasn't too bad a crowd. Not as many as last year though against Notts. Expect to see more against Lancashire tomorrow as no football on.

I didn't go but of course I'm delighted we won :)

We'll have to do better with the bat if we want to progress though. Maddy, Mongia or Ackerman are the key men.

That should have been two wins out of two :( Gutted!!!

We probably didn't score enough, 10-20 runs short, Mongia, Ackerman and Nixon were happy to get one a ball which is quite odd.

Some tight bowling and they were in a position were they needed 28 from the last 12 balls. Mongia goes for 18 then Snape goes for 7 from 5... then a 6! Doh!

I don't like the idea of spinners bowling at the death, Maddy and Griffith should have done it with Nixon standing up. :( Gutted!

Mongia's last over was shocking. Every ball he bowled was pitched short and was asking to be hit. If a spinner is going to bowl at the death, then he has to bowl a little fuller!

Thought we were going to do it when they needed 3 to win off the last ball. Quality shot to win it though! Gutted as well CM :( :(

flashyfox said:
Mongia's last over was shocking. Every ball he bowled was pitched short and was asking to be hit. If a spinner is going to bowl at the death, then he has to bowl a little fuller!

Thought we were going to do it when they needed 3 to win off the last ball. Quality shot to win it though! Gutted as well CM :( :(

Silly idea to have spinners bowling the last two overs.

Mongia has now costed us two 20-20 games.

It was gutting especially after they had done so well to get ahead in the game. Snape's tactics of rushing through his overs were brilliant.

Not a bad start today, 68-2 off 8 with Maddy 34*

What do you want to know?

It starts at 5.30. Prices on the day are £12 for adults. £10 for U18s. There is a saving if you book prior to this.

Anyone going to Trent Bridge tomorrow? I'll be the one cheering every boundary we hit and every wicket we take.

flashyfox said:
Anyone going to Trent Bridge tomorrow? I'll be the one cheering every boundary we hit and every wicket we take.

I was up until the bint behind Leicester station said £7.30 a train ticket. Meaning it devoided the whole process of keeping within a budget.

Hazzman said:
I was up until the bint behind Leicester station said £7.30 a train ticket. Meaning it devoided the whole process of keeping within a budget.

I've met a few bints behind Leicester station, none of them have tried to sell me a train ticket though...

I don't think £7.30 is particularly expensive to get to Nottingham and back.

It's less than a fiver if you have a young persons railcard.

What does devoided mean?

Jeff said:
I've met a few bints behind Leicester station, none of them have tried to sell me a train ticket though...

I don't think £7.30 is particularly expensive to get to Nottingham and back.

It's less than a fiver if you have a young persons railcard.

What does devoided mean?

I agree, £7.30 seems extremely reasonable to me. It costs me £6 odd to get from Hinckley to Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669