226 Corners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortwave Fox

According to RL, Its now 226 corners since we last scored from one, what's your opinion on how we can turn this around?, Who should be taking them?...

tedfoxxx

Despite some fairly diabolical efforts (I'm thinking Gally and Lloydy in particular), I don't think the main problem is who is taking them but the players attacking the ball in the box.

Stevie seems to have become very header-shy (I can only think of a couple he's bagged with his head, seemed to score headers all the time for the sheep). Hobbs clearly isn't a defender that has the same knack for scoring from set pieces as players we've had in recent times like Kisnorbo or Stearman.

I've seen Davies get on the end of a couple, same with King. Just one of those things, probably just needs better organisation in terms of who runs where and when, rather than a big old scrabble and a hopeful punt into the six yard box.

Last edited:

lazzer

Despite some fairly diabolical efforts (I'm thinking Gally and Lloydy in particular), I don't think the main problem is who is taking them but the players attacking the ball in the box.

Stevie seems to have become very header-shy (I can only think of a couple he's bagged with his head, seemed to score headers all the time for the sheep). Hobbs clearly isn't a defender that has the same knack for scoring from set pieces as players we've had in recent times like Kisnorbo or Stearman.

I've seen Davies get on the end of a couple, same with King. Just one of those things, probably just needs better organisation in terms of who runs where and when, rather than a big old scrabble and a hopeful punt into the six yard box.

I think the fact that the majority of the corners do not make it past the first man could be more of an issue.

camberwell fox

I think the fact that the majority of the corners do not make it past the first man could be more of an issue.

We used to be a major threat from set pieces, now, as you say half the time the ball doesn't get past the front post above head height.

Just get someone to whip them in fast and aim for the penalty spot, rather than try and use a sort of 9 iron approach.

Han

I've been pretty impressed with the takers this year to be honest. A couple of seasons ago, with Oakley taking them, we were terrible.

Waghorn and Gallagher have done OK. I think it has more to do with how we attack the ball in the box, rather than just waiting for it to land on a head.

tedfoxxx

he cant possibly peddle with those short legs... we'll chuck him in one of those bouncy seat things

Everyone knows that Jesus has telescopic legs. And x-ray vision.

Ian Marshall

Everyone knows that Jesus has telescopic legs. And x-ray vision.

I wish I had legs which doubled as telescopes.

Would really make lil Woolers appear a little larger (from the perspective of the ground looking up).

Svenation

Imagine the scenario

95th Minute

Wembley

Norringham Forest

0-0

Leicester city's 500th corner since we last scored from one.

Gallagher delivers

Howard scores

you heard it here first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675