2nd test - india

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKFox

indians batting.
179-1 bad light stopped play.

:icon_roll

Dravid was due a good innings.

IMO India need to score 250 tomorrow before the last couple of overs of the day then have a high enough score to declare. Bowl England out cheaply, make them follow on. Get the 100 or so runs on Day 5 and win.....

Failing that: Get bowled out for under 300, England will bat for as long as possible going into Day 4? Then India need to bat out the rest...

Either way India in the driving seat :102:

India all out for 453.

Could have been a lot worse after being 320 for 1.

Yes - but 450 in two full days makes it impossible for England to have a chance of winning.

I thought England stuck at their task pretty well - but without really getting anywhere in the game.

Yes - but 450 in two full days makes it impossible for England to have a chance of winning.

I thought England stuck at their task pretty well - but without really getting anywhere in the game.

Tbh i think the England players want to be back home with their families preparing for christmas . They are only there because of cricketing politics and also being seen to be doing the right thing.
Thats not sour grapes because given all things equal, India in their own country are a better side than England. I just dont believe that the players are 100% into what they are doing.

I just dont believe that the players are 100% into what they are doing.
I believe that being made to be away from your family at Christmas is wrong, no matter what line of work you're in.

However, once it is decided that you are to forego Christmas and you agree to commit to your profession, then you should do just that. Now isn't the time for lack of commitment or to decide you don't want to work, that time has passed.

Last edited:
Lets not kid ourselves; it's boys for men. India are far superior, there true class will show tomorrow IMO. India should bowl England out and enforce the follow on, only needing a minimual amount of runs on day 5.

Depsite what people say about the collapse etc... India scored a total that is near a declaration total and will be hard for England to achieve and get a lead to win...

Well done Gambhir & Dravid :038:

Lets not kid ourselves; it's boys for men. India are far superior, there true class will show tomorrow IMO. India should bowl England out and enforce the follow on, only needing a minimual amount of runs on day 5.

Depsite what people say about the collapse etc... India scored a total that is near a declaration total and will be hard for England to achieve and get a lead to win...

Well done Gambhir & Dravid :038:

Doh!

Picked up the vital wickets before stumps. India still have a great chance; bowl England out early on tomorrow for under 300 runs.

Then have a 150odd lead batting day 4 out getting around 250 runs = 400 lead.

Day 5 to bowl England out! Easy :icon_wink

Picked up the vital wickets before stumps. :icon_wink

How do you pick up such vital information? I'm really impressed that you were able to identify that KP and Flintoff were "vital wickets". Just how do you do it?

Without Sky, BBC Test Match Special, the News and the rest of the media, there would only be Tamworth Fox to wise us up on what is happening in this series.

How do you pick up such vital information? I'm really impressed that you were able to identify that KP and Flintoff were "vital wickets". Just how do you do it?

Without Sky, BBC Test Match Special, the News and the rest of the media, there would only be Tamworth Fox to wise us up on what is happening in this series.

Shall I let you into a secret :icon_wink

Tamworth comments on every possible outcome and scenario so that eventually he has to be right. If you read through a normal cricket thread he makes arguments for why India won at a canter, scraped through, drew or lost. :icon_lol:

India 57-3

Just after tea

India currently 208 ahead. If India care about winning the match they need to get a move on. Realistically with the fog in the morning they will need all of tomorrow to get England out which means they need to be up near 250+ by the end of play.

Looks like a draw, India are not going to give England a sniff with a silly declaration.
Of course we might be all out for 50:icon_bigg

Looks like a draw, India are not going to give England a sniff with a silly declaration.
Of course we might be all out for 50:icon_bigg

I fear that we will be looking at a total of about 50 overs tomorrow - fancy playing a test at a ground where you have to start absurdly early because everyone knows that the light starts to go by the middle of the afternoon and yet your'e stuffed the the other way cos the early mornings are prone to heavy fog.

I fear that we will be looking at a total of about 50 overs tomorrow - fancy playing a test at a ground where you have to start absurdly early because everyone knows that the light starts to go by the middle of the afternoon and yet your'e stuffed the the other way cos the early mornings are prone to heavy fog.

Everyone will be happy after the event. The cricket is a secondry issue in this mini-series imo
It was important that England said to the other nations that its o.k to go to India. Imo Australia would have backed out after Mumbai.
Cricket is a small pond and it would be damaging if it was split into two factions.
India will win the series and fair play to them, England can go home with their heads high knowing that morally they done the right thing.

Looking forward to the Windies and then the Ashes.

boring!!!

England finished 64-1

Test finished as a draw and India win the series 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675